It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy miracle! Watch Virgin Mary's Lips 'MOVE' on Painting During Prayer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Maybe a miracle budget is in effect.

Ah yes. Heavenly austerity! Miracles on $37 a day!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I'm not buying this. One man's claims with a shoddy video. No other witnesses, unless I missed that part of the article.. "Hundreds are flocking..." Of course they are. None of which will see anything spectacular, all of which will leave feeling warm and fuzzy with their pockets potentially a little lighter.

There are not usually camera crews with top of the line equipment just waiting when things like this happen. I think the article says others saw..correct me if I am wrong.

Of course it will raise funds for the place (both hoaxes and non hoaxes would). But that still doesn't make it impossible and there is not enough evidence to debunk it. I am not 'buying it' , lock stock and barrel either. But it could be.

Example: Sane person sees fully manifested ghost 3 times in their home. Ghost hunters with 10k in equipment show up and...nothing.
I think it has happened before.

Yes, according to articles, others saw it happening and the photographer noticed it happening before he filmed it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It looked to me like she said, 'Be sure to drink your Ovaltine'.

And here I thought she only inhabited toast.

Jude

edit on 22-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That the best God can do? WOW a miracle...sigh

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
And here I thought she only inhabited toast.

Probably because you did not hold up your Little Orphan Annie decoder ring up to her gob and get the actual translation like I did.

Your head would pop if I told you what Baby Jesus was saying.

edit on 22-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I realize most churches don't have camera crews awaiting miracles. The ones that do are most certainly faking things (at least the ones I can think of). Of course this particular church is far from a megachurch as far as I know. That isn't to necessarily say whoever filmed this and released it is intentionally lying. He could very well believe he saw something. I didn't see that any other witnesses were mentioned in the article. Only that he noticed it a few times and wanted to be sure.

However it seems very odd to me that nobody else in the congregation seems interested in what's going on with the painting. It doesn't seem the man filming brought it to anyone's attention either, until after the fact. I could be wrong on those points but from what I've observed that seems like it may be the case.

I will give you that perhaps something really interesting happened here, however I am extremely skeptical for a variety of reasons. Not only those I've mentioned, but also because of the knack the faithful (at least some) have for taking nothing and trying to turn it into evidence of their beliefs. They see what they want to see.

Do I think miraculous, yet to be explained things happen? You bet. On a related subject to ghosts, my family and I experienced a "shadow person" "living" in our house over the course of months. I couldn't say if ghost hunters or the like would have found anything but that's another subject.

Point being I'm not just dismissing this because I'm an ardent skeptic.

ETA: Ok, the article does say multiple witnesses. I stand corrected.

edit on 7-22-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Overall it looks to be video glitching. After all it's a bad quality video. But if they claim they seen it in person first, to what extent then? Her eyes are moving too as well as many parts of the painting. Did the man taking the video and others who claimed they seen the mouth see that as well? That would allude to something with the painting itself.
edit on 22-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I know many of you find these sorts of things impossible to believe, but they really do happen.

I'm on my phone and at work right now, but I'll post some links to other mysteries of this nature tonight.

For anyone interested, google the well known Mary apparition at Cote D'Ivoire. What is less known is that the statue outside the cathedral had it's hands change position before the apparition occurred.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That happens when there is a high electromagnetic field around the camera doing the recording. Or when the camera has been exposed to high temperatures.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There seem to be a lot of hot sweaty people in there emitting a lot of hot damp air causing a visual distortion. Like the hot highway distorting things. Or I suppose it could be a miracle.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So the virgin mary can manipulate a paintings lips but not just pop in and say Hi here I am. Got it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I know many of you find these sorts of things impossible to believe, but they really do happen.

Some of the earliest machinery and steam-powered mechanisms were invented to convince people that god was real.

These things happen, but they have nothing to do with divine powers.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

How is this not in the hoax bin already? Everything in the video moved...the lips on the baby moved...it's just a video with #ty quality so the codec interprets what it thinks should be there.

For fu*&s sake...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Bad artifacts caused by low quality resolution and poor stabilization. Looks like the baby Jesus is reciting the prayer as well. Weirdest thing is that the entire flock isn't freaking out but continuing with their sheepish activities. This is a hoax. Please move it to the proper forum so no one gets confused.

For the Christians on this board. This is the same as seeing Mary in a grilled cheese. Not saying your messiah won't come back, but he ain't coming back today.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

That the best God can do? WOW a miracle...sigh

He was throwing the swine some pearls. You in fact.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Holy Clutch Cargo, Batman!

After watching it several times, I can confirm that Mary, Baby Jesus, and the two heads to the sides are actually singing "Fruity Oaty Bars".

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's really a simple explanation.....
The Carbornaro Effect.

Geez

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
And if you get close to the painting, you can actually hear her TALKING!!!

You have to tape it then play it backwards. Even then it's in Latin, but still...
edit on 23.7.2015 by CJCrawley because: typo

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Apparently others in prayer there witnessed it happening as well.

Yeah, my brothers best friends uncle was there and he said it TOTALLY happened.

What nonsense. And if it was true, wouldnt it be nice if god and the virgin mary (i refuse to capitalise) turned up somewhere where help was badly needed, where kids are dying, or genocide being commited...instead of moving the f*cking lips of a painting. How pathetic of your lord and saviour...putting on parlour tricks like this instead of HELPING

How anyoen can be religious and not get pissed off at banality like this (even if its true) is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Okay, for those interested, here are some more statues that have moved, If you get past the apparition in the sun bit and focus just on moving objects, you'll notice that there is a picture in here of orange orbs around the statue on the night the hands changed position These orange orbs have been witnessed at Marian apparitions and miracles before.

Here a statue reportedly close it's eyes - I have never seen this one before and it is more than a little creepy

And if you've never seen a bleeding statue before

And to provide some balance, this is not limited to Catholicism. Here is some very raw video of Buddha statues apparently moving in Kuala Lumpur.

I have nothing to gain by anyone believing or not, I just think they are a curiosity that goes to prove life is far more mystical that we sometimes believe.

edit on 23-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: Embed vids correctly

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join