It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Jeffrey Lash Drivers License Photo 2010

An Interesting New Article has been posted about this.

She told her attorney that it wasn’t unusual to hear Lash on the phone supposedly talking to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice or former CIA Director David Petraeus.

Braun recently revealed that Nebron was essentially held captive at the Pacific Palisades condo for years while she financed his military endeavors.

[...]

It appears Lash may have been getting his money from the women in his life, Brookman said.

Besides Jocelyn and Nebron, Brookman told KTLA that Lash was also involved with a third woman named Michelle Lyons.

All three women and Lash’s cousins will be making claims on his estate, Brookman said.

More info here.

edit on 27-8-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am listening to Coast to Coast, Last nights show which would make it , Thursday August 27th and Linda Molten Howe is on where she has the mother of the missing girl on the phone.
www.coasttocoastam.com...#!/19802/67553/08272015---Hour-2-
If that link doesn't work just go to the website and listen to hour 2...

This story gets even more bizarre, it's like LAPD could care less about the whole thing, according to the girls mother.
She also reads a (the last) letter from the daughter on air that is even more bizarre...

I don't know what to think of this..weird.....

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Mentally ill con man. He was a goober in school and wanted to change his persona. He lied. I wouldnt be surprised if he was someone on here. His buddy Knapp was in the school district I live in now. Franklin is a crappy school. There is a crime. He conned women out of money, and lots of it. He pussed out and gave his identity to the building manager when he smashed into some cars. This whole thing reeks of ego building lies with nothing to back them up. Talking to Patreus? Give me a break. There was probably other women too. Women with money. He was a ill paracite. The police know what is up, and they are not too concerned. There is your clue. If there was something special about him, special people would have made him disappear. They didnt. He didnt. It exposes his lie. He looks like his dad, because his dad is his dad. He came out of his mom. His dad is a microbiologist? Big whoop! So is mine. Mine is a Chemist too, and Director of Research retired. I would prefer working for a living to sapping off women by claiming to be an alien hybrid. Microbiologists dont make alien hybrids, and it is more then likely that my genius Dad is far more intelligent then his dad was.
Bottom line.... He was a liar who felt inadequate in who he was. He needed to impress with BS. He should have gone to the hospital, but he died and rotted instead.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem It sounds like your right about him being a con man!!! What I don't get is why all the weapons? That seems drastic for playing into the con!!! Maybe he wasn't working for secret CIA or an agent here in the USA, but it looks to me like some kind of gun cartel going on, or a possible terrorist link!!! If he was CIA they would of cleaned him and even claimed him as their own. Not one. If a man is one even, and he went into this health issue with a women he's to marry, she would of normally called for help. That she didn't and than left him, makes her under possible suspicion of foul play. Did she take off with a lot of money and put it into hiding? Where they all three in a conspiracy to play this guy while he played them?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Jeffrey Lash Drivers License Photo 2010

An Interesting New Article has been posted about this.

She told her attorney that it wasn’t unusual to hear Lash on the phone supposedly talking to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice or former CIA Director David Petraeus.

Braun recently revealed that Nebron was essentially held captive at the Pacific Palisades condo for years while she financed his military endeavors.

[...]

It appears Lash may have been getting his money from the women in his life, Brookman said.

Besides Jocelyn and Nebron, Brookman told KTLA that Lash was also involved with a third woman named Michelle Lyons.

All three women and Lash’s cousins will be making claims on his estate, Brookman said.

More info here.

So this is the story they came up with huh, sorry not buying it. Lash would have had to of swindled those women out of millions and millions of dollars to buy what he had. There are still too many loose ends, like why hasn't Vad Bunker returned home, or how in the world did a guy who looks like a homeless person(no offense to homeless people) swindle multiple women out of several million dollars. Nebron was just a property manager right, how would she have financed anything?

ETA: So after listening to coast to coast Nebron apparently owned several homes, so she has got some money. After listening to the show more questions come up like why hasn't the coroner's report come out yet? What's up with Dawn Vad Bunkers creepy mysterious letter that she wrote her parents?
edit on 2-9-2015 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This was simply a message to his co-workers of what will happen when you get out of line

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This story is so fascinating. I am still curious about the circumstances and characters involved in this. The above article that was linked said there was still not an official cause of death. Why not? It's been months!

It's hard to believe that he made all that money, millions, just conning women. Nah, can't be! There has to more to it,seems like a cover up is going on.

Is there anymore new information that anyone knows of? Whatever happened to Dawn Vanbunker? Did she ever return from Oregon and explain herself?

Any updates would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There is another gun cache story in the news... 7000 GUNS

I think what is going on in these cases is a trade of drugs for anything of value. When the buyer's cash runs out the dealer starts to accept anything of value such as guns or other stolen goods. The dealer may even begin to think that he is doing the community a favor by taking guns away and dealing slow death to the drug user. When the trade begins the dealer probably thinks he is getting the better end of the deal, but then when all the stolen guns stack up he finds out that it is not that easy to liquidate all those stolen guns and he ends up with a huge pile of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie
George Knapp actually answered me! He's interested in pursuing the story, especially if a Vegas connection can be found. He confirmed that was not his 20 year old self in the Lash yearbook. I would like to include his e-mail response here but without his permission, I don't think it would be proper.

On another interesting aside...the obit of Lash's Dad mentions he worked with Dr. Elmer Belt. I don't recall this being discussed yet. He was a urologist and pioneer in male to female sex change operations, in the 50,s & early 60's! He was also quite the bibliophile and considered an expert on Leonardo Da Vinci. His extensive collection on Da Vinci was donated to UCLA Arts library in 1961.

a few links en.wikipedia.org...
zagria.blogspot.com...
blogs.library.ucla.edu...
www.ajog.org...

sorry if i missed this in the discussion...memory and time are no longer my friends

Interesting stuff! Sorry I didn't respond before, but I didn't see any notifications, and end of summer was a bit hectic! Very cool that he responded, and that we know he wasn't the one in the picture.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
They investigated him for criminal activity and couldn't find any. There is no way in hell he could operate for that long and make that kind of money without being picked up a few times on police radar. There are way too many informants, under covers, etc for him not to be at least profiled by ATF, FBI or a local PD. Even if he was operating solely internationally, there would be a lot of stuff left behind and he'd probably be well known to other agencies.

His father was a microbiologist and he left school while studying in the sciences field, when he dropped out he cut off contact to his family, hate to say it but this is exactly how/what happens when people get recruited by intelligence agencies.

Again, apologies for not responding before. I quite agree that his circumstances do lean toward that sort of recruitment being possible. No criminal activity known, and a clear source of money, too, and it seems even more likely. That we never got more information says a lot, too! I haven't seen anything since summer on this guy.

originally posted by: boncho
Some think the guns were just a way of storing money aside, since their value doesnt depreciate and theyre relatively easy to move, but why all the ammunition? None of it really makes much sense to be honest.

That's what I wondered, and maybe the ammo would appreciate in value as well? It seems to always get more expensive.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
This story is so weird. I've come across a few more articles, with a possible source of Lash's income:

From the Aug 5th Palisades News
This information is from a July 23 KFI radio interview with investigative reporter Eric Leonard:

Leonard also called him incredibly wealthy, citing at that time he met Lash that the recluse was making possibly $30,000 to $40,000 a week from a family trust. Supposedly his father, biochemist Joseph Jerry Lash had patents on several heavily used pharmaceuticals. Lash’s father died in 2010.

It seems Lash has extended family possibly interested in inheriting his stash:

Lash is survived by six first cousins, who are represented by the Law Offices of Daniel Brookman, a long-time Santa Monica attorney. Brookman was a long-time acquaintance of Lash’s father, Joseph Jerry, who passed away in 2010.

This second link is from August 6th Palipost.com mostly containing neighbor accounts of Catherine Nebron and Jeffrey Lash.

I can't seem to cut/paste from this site, but it tells of a blond woman driving a Mercedes Benz (Nebron's assistant, Dawn Marie Vadbunker?), delivering green trash bags to the Lash residence every evening, and Lash inviting the former home owner's association president to join his survivalist group.
That last part is curious. In the CNN video posted above by ATS member baddmove, the lawyer representing Nebron states unequivocally that Lash was not a survivalist.

Anybody else have updated info? I'm curious if the assistant, Dawn Vadbunker, ever returned from Oregon. Have the cops located his many other vehicles, possibly also stuffed full of cash, guns and ammo?

Good data! A trust fund would explain the money, at least. The stuff about the bags and survivalist group is weird. I haven't sen anything new at all, and I did look. I suspect we might not ever hear all of the facts here!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I have searched, and can't find anything recent. It's as I suspected things would happen; the story hit, all sorts of oddities were revealed, then it was left to die, and be forgotten. No word on the woman that was missing, no word on a cause of death, nothing!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Man, this makes ya sick. Some of us have to save / feel guilty about buying a 200-300 dollar gun.....and these guys have thousands of them laying around.

Would be nice to make their acquaintance and see if they'd let you take 8-10 weapons just for fun. Not even a blip for them.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Man, this makes ya sick. Some of us have to save / feel guilty about buying a 200-300 dollar gun.....and these guys have thousands of them laying around.

Would be nice to make their acquaintance and see if they'd let you take 8-10 weapons just for fun. Not even a blip for them.

Oh, I know! I'd love to have even a fraction of that, though I don't think I'd want the sort of weird life he seemed to have to get it!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I heard something about this but I did not know any of the details. And yea what about the other two people that were with the fiance? Very strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

Very strange! The whole thing sort of dropped off the news, as expected, as well.
"Nothing to see here, move along, people"

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You left out the police will keep/steal all the guns.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
1. I think the guy was off his rocker.

2. He probably was a gun collector.

3. He probably did tell his GF some cock and bull story.

4. I think she got scared when he croaked therefore abandoned the body.

5. She made up the story about why she dumped him and left.

6. If it was murder (I'm thinking poison.), the way he was left assures destruction of the evidence. A decomposed body is a useless bag of putrid Jell-O™. (I wanted to use the ™ icon.
) There's no DNA left to analyze.

7. There probably was a profit motive in his not being left in the house.

8. If they really did destroy those weapons I will weep for a year over the waste.

9. A lot of people eat raw beef. I love it. Tastes better. Never been sick. No, I'm not Reptilian. I'm a cannibal!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

1200 firearms? That's $120k if they averaged out at $100 a piece.

Lot of disposable income there. Maybe he was like a quartermaster for some group? Then again, who'd be stupid enough to put all their apples in one basket like that?

Only cheap pistols are from $100-$150. I would put an average price of $300-$500+ for fancier pistols and rifles. So I'd guess conservatively $360,000 if I were playing The Price is Right.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Is there any update on this story? Absolutely incredible story it's frickin mind-boggling!!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join