It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Pentagon: Rumsfeld Misspoke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
I'm sure everyone knows the Official word from the Government that Flight 93 was taken down due to the heroics of the passengers on board. This is something that does not slip my mind and should not come even close to skipping the Secretary of Defense's mind. If you carry on with a lie in your everyday life, at one point your going to slip up, whether this happened here is the question.

I would have to say this is exactly what every one who is contesting this, is thinking right now. What amazes me is that everyone standing behind the official explination, I.E. a mis-spoken thought, are willing to bash the hell out of anyone who disagrees with them. Actually, now that I think about it, its really not that amazing. Its expected.

When you live a lie with the truth next door, truth will come knocking eventually to borrow that cup of sugar. I think Rumsfield was all out of sugar.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm just going to return to my prior statement . The administration of GW Bush does not care about the war on terror, it does not care about North Korean nukes, it does not care about, freedom of Afganistan, the drowned in the Indian Ocean, none of these things. It is thankful that all of America is concentrating on these things because they are concentrating on stealing Trillions of dollars from you and me and our children's children and anything and everything that takes your eye off their focus is welcome at this point.

They are dismantling our strength and abilities to stand-up. This is the biggest theft in the history of the world. The Republicans are public enemy #1. Your way of life is passing before your eyes. Can you see that!

Bode Bliss

[edit on 12/28/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Actually a better correlation would be "pinko-commie" or "left-wing nut job". Do you consider yourself to be these? Keep your labels to yourself.

Umm,NO. Its not. I am a Liberal and a Leftist. I DONT believe in communism, so I wouldnt be "pinko", and I have never been in a mental institution, so Im not a "Nut Job". jsobecky IS a republican. He IS a conservative, and he IS a neocon. This is all by his own admission. I didnt label him. He labled himself.

jsobecky. First off, I DONT smoke in my house. Second off, are you insinuating that I beat my daughter? Are you making more basless accusations because you cant answer any questions I asked? Sure sounds like that to me. Why do you constantly berate people when you cant provide a decent answer? Does it make you feel like a man? Oh, your just emulating your hero Bush.

Also, why do you constantly feel the need to call people names, or ridicule them and thier lives?

You were so proud that you could actshually scratch yore name on the back of a cole shovel

Just more defensive dribble from you.

[edit on 12/28/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Actually a better correlation would be "pinko-commie" or "left-wing nut job". Do you consider yourself to be these? Keep your labels to yourself.

Umm,NO. Its not. I am a Liberal and a Leftist. I DONT believe in communism, so I wouldnt be "pinko", and I have never been in a mental institution, so Im not a "Nut Job". jsobecky IS a republican. He IS a conservative, and he IS a neocon. This is all by his own admission. I didnt label him. He labled himself.

OK, Kidfinger, prove to me where I admitted that. Or admit that you are a liar. One or the other.

jsobecky. First off, I DONT smoke in my house. Second off, are you insinuating that I beat my daughter? Are you making more basless accusations because you cant answer any questions I asked? Sure sounds like that to me. Why do you constantly berate people when you cant provide a decent answer? Does it make you feel like a man? Oh, your just emulating your hero Bush.

Did I touch a nerve there, Kidfinger?
Take a break. Get a grip. Have a cigarette. But make sure you go outside when you smoke it.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Let's chill out people, mmkay?
Stay on topic and quit with the snippiness.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Oh come on! The Secretary of Defense knows exactly what happened on 9/11 and so should you people.

Apparently he does not know what happened, now does he. This isn't a question of how many points Kobe or Shaq dropped on Christmas day. It's a question of people speculating that flight 93 was shot down, even by some eyewitness testimony including the Mayor saying he was one of the first ones there, and there was no plane. After his answer to the Servicemen about Armor and such, I think anyone involved with his speech writing and coaching would avoid any and everything for anyone to be able to hang him on. I do not think that this is an event many people confuse or forget.

Let it go.

OK, what, all hail? must conform? must listen to everything that is fed to me? can't think on my own or question anything?

OK

Heres a deal, Show me and Tell me Why all the videotapes from buildings around the Pentagon were confiscated so quick and never released. And don't give me "National Security" because the only thing that would be on there of this matter, is the fact a plane was not there. And BTW the Parking Garage tape is missing a frame so that is out the window to. Then Ill let it go. There are way to many unanswered questions, eyewitness testimonies discounted, leads not followed up and very sufficient Lack of "Pure" evidence as to what happened on 9-11.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Still cant answer any questions that were previously asked of you? Well, I guess this Liberal will go ahead and do what you wont. Ill answer a question of yours.

You said you were a conservative republican every time you defended Bush and his actions. I have yet to see you disagree with anything he does. This in itself makes you a conservative, and as such, you are a republican. Your views are all from the FAR right, so that makes you a Noecon. You have labled yourself jsobecky. I have done the same. I AM a Liberal. I AM a leftist. I stand agianst Bush and his oppresive policies. I have labled myself, and I am PROUD of my lable. I know what it stands for. How about you?

Now, I answered your question. You have consistantly put off my original question so many times, I think you are not able to provide a real intellectual answer. Think you might have one now? Ill pose it agian.

Can you prove that it was NOT stupidity on Rumsfields part that caused him to slip up? Can you prove that what he said is NOT the truth?

Try to be a little more civil next time. You are making your party look real bad right now.

[edit on 12/28/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Can you prove that it was NOT stupidity on Rumsfields part that caused him to slip up? Can you prove that what he said is NOT the truth?

You are in the same intellectual category as Masked Avatar, Kidfinger. I told MA, and I am telling you, that I neither defended nor attacked Rumsfeld's position in my opening response. I responded to MA's incorrect categorization of misspeaking as an act of stupidity. Never did I mention Rumsfeld at all.

Of course, true to MA's form, and yours, you dance around that point. You make a charming couple on the dance floor.

Now you want to turn that into a labelling of me as this or that and the other thing, and want me to defend a position I never stated. What's even worse, you want me to defend something that is, in your words, NOT something. That's called proving a negative, Kidfinger. Can't be done. Didn't they teach you that in school?

[edit on 28-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is obviously a Freudian Slip. The big question we must ask ourselves
is why would the goverment cover up shooting that palne down? Any one
got an idea?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

You are in the same intellectual category as Masked Avatar, Kidfinger.

Thank you very much. That is a HUGE compliment. MA is a well respected member of ATS, and we should all strive to be the best contribution to ATS we can

I told MA, and I am telling you, that I neither defended nor attacked Rumsfeld's position in my opening response. I responded to MA's incorrect categorization of misspeaking as an act of stupidity. Never did I mention Rumsfeld at all.

Ummm..... This thread IS about Rumsfields Mis-speak. You defended it.

Of course, true to MA's form, and yours, you dance around that point.

No. It is you who took 3 hours just to answer one question,and during that time, you danced around the question by calling names and berating others opinions when you could.

That's called proving a negative, Kidfinger. Can't be done. Didn't they teach you that in school?

This is not proving a negative. You made a claim, now I am asking you to back it up, which you continually, as you like to put it, dance around the question. And agian, you reference my education as if you are questioning the integrity of it. However, if you want, I will be more than happy to dig up the quote of what you originally said about my education in another thread. But you probably dont want me to open the door on that skeleton, as it would just prove what I have been saying about your defensive dribble.

Now please. Either back up your claim, or just quit posting. You are not being civil. You are not even being rational. I have tried to be as civil to you as possible in this thread while you continue to bash me and everyone else who dissagrees with you.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CORROPOLIS
Any one
got an idea?

Yeah, I think the plane was shot down because the military determined the plane was heading towards Washington DC. Basically, they did it to protect the president. Of course this is just my opinion. I presented the reasons why I thought this was no ordinary plane crash earlier on this thread, so I wont go into it here. But I do think the military shot the plane down to keep it from smashing into the whitehouse.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity

Originally posted by spngsambigpants
You have to take the entire statement into consieration, not just part of it. The statement says that the terrorists from 9/11 were the ones who shot down the airplane, which is, of course, not true.

For instance, if the terrorists were part of the NWO, then the entire context makes perfect sense, and is truthful.

exactly. this is a constant theme with the bushies. if you simply substitute 'shadow government' in your mind everytime they say 'terrorists', it all falls together like a well oiled falling thing.
they get to tell the 'truth', so they don't betray typical lying responses like shifty eyes and whatnot, and the public gets smoothly deceived. the little freudian slips do manage to eke out here and there, though, thank goodness.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm going to interject something that some of you are missing.

You can't prove that the plane was shot down.

All the circumstantial evidence in the world can't prove that a plane was shot down. I have my personal belief that it was shot down - it's formed by a FOAF story. I'd rather not get in to the particulars of that and it wouldn't matter any way because you'd simply have to take my word for it. A position based on circumstantial evidence is not an intellectually superior one no matter how many times you say it. (Or what your political beliefs may be.)

Now, if the plane was shot down what does that gain you in the "it's all the Bush cabals fault" theory? Not a lot, in fact in whole it seems to take away from that particular scenario. The American public has been lied to about major things by all previous administrations Republican and Democrat. It really wouldn't be an earth shattering revelation if it came out difinitively that the plane was indeed downed by a missile. Although it would be made into one.

Why would they shoot one plane down (if it were all orchestrated)? To allow for the hero story? No, globalhawk would have been much easier and less messy to accomplish that. Maybe if you go so far to say that the plane was controlled by Globalhawk and the Globalhawk stopped responding. That would be a pretty far stretch to meet your agenda. A difinitive "yes it was shot down" causes more questions than it answers.

I don't know - it's all mystery to everyone(that doesn't lock-step buy the official story). From Mossad to NWO to the Bush administration to actually Al Qaeda to all things in between. I've read them all...they all have intriguing and very plausible scenarios mixed with some crazy stuff.

What I do know is that you can't say without a doubt you know what happened and who did it and why with any authority and be taken seriously.

[edit on (12/29/0404 by PistolPete]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's entertaining to see what "misspoke" means pre and post election.

Surely everyone's mother told them if you tell lies you'll trip over them eventually.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Thank you very much. That is a HUGE compliment. MA is a well respected member of ATS, and we should all strive to be the best contribution to ATS we can

Hey, that's up to you. If the shoe fits...

I told MA, and I am telling you, that I neither defended nor attacked Rumsfeld's position in my opening response. I responded to MA's incorrect categorization of misspeaking as an act of stupidity. Never did I mention Rumsfeld at all.

Ummm..... This thread IS about Rumsfields Mis-speak. You defended it.

You really must take a course in reading comprehension, Kidfinger. How can you ignore what I just stated about MA's incorrect misstatement and still call it defending Rumsfeld? You are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Once again, prove I defended Rumsfeld. Or admit you are lying.

Of course, true to MA's form, and yours, you dance around that point.

No. It is you who took 3 hours just to answer one question,and during that time, you danced around the question by calling names and berating others opinions when you could.

I say dance, you say dance. Can't you at least be original?

You made a claim, now I am asking you to back it up, which you continually, as you like to put it, dance around the question. And agian, you reference my education as if you are questioning the integrity of it. However, if you want, I will be more than happy to dig up the quote of what you originally said about my education in another thread. But you probably dont want me to open the door on that skeleton, as it would just prove what I have been saying about your defensive dribble.

Yeah, dig it up, and make sure you provide everything I said about your education. Because if you don't post everything I said about your education, I will, Kidfinger, and you'll look like a fool.

Now please. Either back up your claim, or just quit posting.

Excuse me? You're going to tell me to quit posting?
No.

All you have done is beat the same tired BS lies into the ground. That and insult people with your childish name calling. Give it up.

I'm done with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
. A difinitive "yes it was shot down" causes more questions than it answers.

Well, it depends on what you believe. I dont think this was a grand consperacy by our government to bomb the Pentagon, or the twin towers. I DO think that terrorist were in the planes and activly attempting to crash them into American institutions. It was to late for the first two planes, but the military was able to intercept the last plane and shot it down over an unpopulated area. They did it to keep it from crashing into anything that would take more lives, or possible kill the president as well. Just MHO.

If this is how this actually played out, it makes perfect sense.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yeah, dig it up, and make sure you provide everything I said about your education. Because if you don't post everything I said about your education, I will, Kidfinger, and you'll look like a fool.

jsobecky. Why must you act this way. You asked for it. Here are 2 quotes you made about my education. The first one you bash it, then the next one you praise it and say you studied some of the same courses. Now either you are a hypocrite, or your education is on par with mine. Which is it?

Secondly, Kidfinger, you mentioned last night that you were off to school. Try to see if you can squeeze a reading comprehension course in; it might do you some good.

Seriously, though, I would never bash anybody's education. Good luck to you. Those topics are some of the very same ones I studied

And here is your last piece of enlightenment

I'm done with you.

Please, by all means. Be done with this if you cant contribut anything to back up your claims. Agian. I have tried to be quite civil to you, but you insist on needless bashing and idiotic hypocracy in which you attempt to drag the rest of us down with you to your level. Im not going to call you names or insult your intelligence as you are so fond of doing to me. So please. If you are truly done, use that ignore button on the left. I would be HONORED if you ignored me.

However, if you can actually add something other than hate mongering and childish name calling, then be my guest and show me you actually have evidence to back up your initial claim.

[edit on 12/29/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

who looks like a fool, is all in the eyes of the beholder.
i pick rummy and bush as my favorites fools.

education and intelligence are only vaguely related. i'd vote the brain surgeon and the psychologist off the island WAY before i'd vote off the farmer or the carpenter. good horse sense is worth WAY more than any piece of paper issued by the brain police.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Maybe its best to not know the truth. Do you people really want to know the government does lie?

If the government does lie lol...its probably in your best interest to not know the truth.

Just let it go, no conspiracy theories here..... old Rumsfeld just simply slipped up... He is advancing in his years, 70 something you know

well you know how old people ramble on and dont make sense n stuff lol

[edit on 29-12-2004 by XPhiles]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Just let it go, no conspiracy theories here.

'just let it go', the latest in neocon 'arguments', hot on the tail of 'get over it' regarding the 'election'.
disinfo school one oh one, yeah?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join