It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's a helo to be going on with - Czech operated Mil Mi 24 Hind helicopter gunship "an Apache with passengers" as one wag put it, lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sorry guys and girls at my recent lack of input I use ATS on my phone mainly but I upload pics using a laptop which is being repaired. Should have it back by Monday or Tuesday so will carry on with the pic uploading then

Nice pics waynos I enjoyed seeing the Hind hadn't seen one in the flesh for quite some time

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It was my first ever. Indeed it was my first RIAT and I was seeing quite a few types for the first time too, so it was a really send out experience.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok so giving this thread a nudge now I have the ability to post some pics. So .. Helicopters
Face to face with the Czech Hind

British Army Apaches, I like how the heat haze adds to the first photo. And the second was when the Apache had just done a mock run on a enemy target

Then we have a RAF Chinook with I presume the load master giving us a wave

And finally for now an RAF search and rescue Seaking departing after the show

I'll carry on posting more in the next few days or so

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As its been a very long time since I added to this thread, and given her impending retirement, here are some images of Vulcan XH558 from RIAT in July. The old lady at her best;

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok so a nice little bump for this thread, without starting a new thread regarding RIAT it's been confirmed by RIAT themselves but according to some sources the US Marines are supposedly sending over a F35 for this years airshow and as well as Farnborough airshow. Fingers crossed!

Going to try very hard to do 2-3 days at RAIT if I can work it out right, not being able to drive screws me up a bit
mobile.reuters.com...
edit on 25-1-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The first F-35s to cross the pond will be the first two Italian F-35s that were completed at their FACO. They're coming to Arizona around March to join the training fleet.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Niiiiice so you reckon the chances of seeing them at Farnborough or RIAT are pretty good. How have they been getting on with the F-35 recently?

I read they are sending an A and B versions, A from the USAF and the B from the USMC to the UK. Super excited!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

They've been building a ton of momentum. It's looking good for IOC in August for the A model.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

You MAY get an A model or two, but the Marines have pretty unequivocally stated the B will be going.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Lets hope there's no engine troubles this time. ;-)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Air Force confirmed today that two A models will be traveling to the UK this summer as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
At least three B models, including one from the UK force, and two A models. The A models will be on display and one will perform heritage flights.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The rumour mill is definitely turning for RIAT airshow, the word is the F-22 heritage flight or something may be a possibility to turn up too. Never seen an F-22 in a he flesh

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I worked at Farnborough Airshow one year driving around semi important people in Golf Carts, great after work parties in certain palaces around London hosted by BAe for the dignitaries, I was still working after hours as a "host" but I did get an invite to a Saudis after party party..I didnt go, had work in 6 hours time and like my sphincter in tact.

A year later I went into the NG tent which had the UK Airborne Stand Off Radar offer as an exhibit, I was with a Project Manager on the bid, NG guy says hey JOHN (names changed to protect the innocent) do you want a private tour or tag on theirs? Who is that? "That is the Sultan of Brunei and his entourage"...."we will have our own"

Bumped into them twice on the way around!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just giving this thread a little bump. Looks like this year will be a good show. I've decided I'm going to use this thread to put updates on regarding the show and what will be attending. I'm so over excited about this year as it looks like it's going to be one of the best I've been to for a while.

So far confirmed flying acts are:
F-35 (a and b variants, I believe both are flying) along with a heritage flight, which I'm not 100% which aircraft are flying in it
F-22 is flying
F-15 (I think)
Swedish Gripen is flying
Red Arrows are flying

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head while I'm at work, when I get a chance I'll get on a laptop after work and give a more detailed flying list. All in all its only March and already it's looking like a good line up, there's a rumour that the US are sending more aircraft but nothing else confirmed yet

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Is "ZEUS" the pilot's call sign? It's written on the tail too.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel that I'm not too sure of, i think it's just for the paint work as its a Greek airforce jet.

Which reminds me the Greek 'Zeus' F-16 will be doing displaying again

edit on 10-3-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

It's the name of the demo team.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Chinook..... please...

or apaches...

thx for sharing
edit on 10/3/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join