It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
To be honest I really have no great idea when it comes to photography I just click away and hope to pull off some nice pictures. As for the pics they are all original, all ive done is cropped a few and uploaded them through tinypic. So top 5 so far are ..
Belgium F-16

Czech mi-24

Typhoon and Spitfire in world war 2 Hurricane paint job for 75th Anniversary of Battle of Britain

Airbus A400

And British Army Apache made by Augusta Westland. Their display was good, done a mock attack on an enemy position with a few pyrotechnics

And one different one. A Greek 'Zeus' F-16 pilots helmet with a paint job. Not sure if its one they wear or just for show but was pretty cool

edit on 23-7-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: added text

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The Viper is still hideous.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeh the greeks paint job was a lot cooler but most of my shots of that were terrible I think the best one I got is when it was taxiing

ill post some more tomorrow as its getting and im up early

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zap, I just copy and paste the link straight from photobucket, it resizes the image for the page but you can click on the photo to see it in better resolution. I tried the same with my Flickr account but it didn't work.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yeah keep em coming. The light was shockingly bad early on in the show, all my photos from then have had to be edited almost to death to be usable and the Greek F-16 seemed to suffer the most unfortunately. I'll see if I can get some of it later. Yeah, Belgian effort was poor, lol, but at least the flying was great.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Yeah I'll try that. I've been uploading them through ATS, so that will make it a lot easier.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos what are using to edit your pics. I've got a few free bits of software I downloaded but they arnt they great. I use Instagram a lot and have some editted pics using Instagram. Finishing work in a few hours and considering the weather is absolutely crap in essex I think I'll spend some time on the computer and post some more

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

My edits are all done in Adobe Lightroom. Best editing software I've ever used.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's one of the stars of the show . The Kawasaki P-1. The tannoy announced that this represented the first ever display by a japanese military aircraft in the uk. Pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ok so sorry for the lack of input in the thread ive had a busy last few days. Ill start off with a few static shots I managed to get. I was using a Chinese version of a go pro for most of the static shots and completely forgot I had a time stamp on it so forgive me if a pic comes up with the time stamp .. although I think ive edited most of them out. Also I haven't edited the pics yet so excuse me if they are a bit .. poor lol

anyway statics
Nice A-10 .. gutted it they weren't flying

V-22 Osprey from Mildenhall I believe

I must say I was impressed with the Osprey. Ive never seen one in the flesh before and had always wanted to. Couldn't believe how quiet it was and the size of the rotor blades were huge!

edit on 26-7-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: added text

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Lovely pics of the P-1 .. I miss timed my walking about and missed the display. Thinking of doing a long weekend next year

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I missed nearly all the statics cos I stayed near the flight line all day due to present difficulty walking, so all your static images would be much appreciated. I also only had my big lens on so even the ones I did walk past, I couldn't shoot, lol.

I too am hoping to do the full weekend next year and have a day round the show ground and a day for the flying.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't have many static shots as I too spent most my day on the display line. Last years show wasn't that .. What's the word .. Exciting? So I was able to go around a bit more. I'll post some more pics again soon working till 10pm tonight and back to work at 7am so I'll have to upload tomorrow afternoonish

Yeh I think i want to do 3 days next year, the Saturday and Sunday for airshow one day watching the other day exploring the stalls and statics. Didn't realise how far I had walked and how much was available to see on the air field itself. Then I want to do the departure day

But yeh hopefully I can get more posted tomorrow

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok so sorry I haven't got back to putting some pics up ive been working like crazy. Had a spare hour before I have to sleep so thought id sort out some of the pics I have. This bunch is of the Airbus A400, the RAF Airbus was in the static park which unfortunately only got to see the rear end of it. Nice aircraft though, I was sat next to one at the last years RIAT and was amazed at how big the props are on it. The display was good, the way the pilots threw that aircraft around was brilliant. Oh and they done a short stop on the landing .. so short they stopped far far away from me and I was only not far from the centre of the runway.

Sorry if some of the pictures seem a bit dull, the weather was grey and dull when the display was happening. Any tips are welcome
, the only thing ive done to the pics is cropped them

Anyway in no particular order, picture time!

Almost all the way over on this one

These three pics were taken when the A400 was departing after the show.

im off work for 5 days from after Tuesday so ill organise so more and get them up
edit on 3-8-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: added text

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Cheers, I agree, the A400M display was one of the highlights of the show, it even held Mrs Waynos' attention, lol.

I've found that when editing pictures taken in dull grey lighting conditions, an extra bit of colour saturation and playing around with whites, blacks and contrast can help. To be fair, mine look pretty much the same as yours anyway, so I wouldn't change too much.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Cheers Waynos I try not to play around with them too much. Im about to put the a next lot of pics up in a minute once ive finished stuffing my fat face. The next set is of the Spainish Air Display team the Patrulla Aguila. Speaking to some people that went to the show they weren't much impressed with the Spanish display, but id never seen them before so it was nice to see something new. I didn't mind their display either think they need to upgrade their jets though

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Spanish Air Display Team (Patrulla Aguila) flying their CASA C-101 Aviojet. I did like the yellow and red smoke though

That's it for now I need sleep and its not even 6pm yet. Off work for 5 days now so will get round to more uploading

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Right a question for anyone viewing the thread. with so many pics im struggling to decide wha to post next so I want others to choose. You have a choice of :

Mi-24 Hind Pics
Eurofighter and Spitfire duo, with both aircraft in Hurricane WW2 colour paint scheme
The Red Arrows
The Patrouille de France (French Display team)
Two british army apaches
Royal Jordanian Falcons display team
Belgium F-16 (with the horrible paint scheme)
RAF Chinook

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Helos.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
Oki doki when I get home later I'll put some up I think ive already posted the odd heli pic already I'll make sure I don't repost. Does the Osprey count ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join