It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

Why cannot satellites work on a flat earth?

Satellites require orbiting the planet... they don't just hang up in the middle of space

Orbiting something is literally "falling around an object" where the speed of the fall is greater then then attraction of gravity

IF satellites happened on the flat earth model we could see the underside of said disk... Some say thats where "hell" is located...

I wouldn't mind getting a glimpse of said place myself.... Pretty sure the ISS would have some interesting pics for us to see.... ye know with all those people burning and screaming...

not to mention the big red guy with a pitchfork

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Alright, i am going to admit the phenomena with the ISSUE, but, i will have to take some time typing in my concerns with it, which i hope some of you would read carefully. Please give me time, but, just a hint and please don't use it yet untill my full reply, atmospheric pressure.

No no one has a picture of a satellite flying above them in detail, the ISS and i will get to that shortly is something i have certain issues with.

I have binoculars, its a bright fracking light, a drone is all i could tell, remember no one said firmament here, or dome, considering black budget programs, they just might have a way to keep some things constantly up, i am not allowed to go up there to say for sure, if you can please let me known, that would be awesome.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Costs about 100k to go into orbit these days...

people do it all the time

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
this crazy video
with a horrible robot voice
i would just skip 1 minute in

probably been debunked
but i guess it's on topic

i got no dog in this fight
but as an exercise i can see why it be fun

don't lynch me
i'm bored

cool name tho
Esoteric Detective

tell us all what ya think
any video wizards in...

edit on 23-12-2016 by kibric because: boo

edit on 23-12-2016 by kibric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The easiest way to dismiss the flat earth theory is because we and everything else are not flat...
But if the earth was flat we would be...
Im sure this is beyond any who believe it to be true...
Welcome to reality...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
*gets popcorn*

This should be fun to watch

a reply to: pfishy

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

What are you talking about? You mean programs still in development?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
The easiest way to dismiss the flat earth theory is because we and everything else are not flat...
But if the earth was flat we would be...
Im sure this is beyond any who believe it to be true...
Welcome to reality...

When people say flat do you automatically imagine a piece of paper? And everyone being flat on it? WHAT? Again, you people have to stop assuming that a flat surface has to be subjected to the same principles as a spheroid in a vacuum, the two are different models.

Why, can we see islands and objects beyond the curvature calculated limits?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NNN87

Hmm... maybe

I could have sworn i read about a space tourism company somewhere... Seems after digging around it may be something coming in the near future...

the average price for a trip to space is actually about 20 million... and only a few people have done it apparently

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have an actual Genuine Question I would like to ask, no sarcasm or anything else inputted:

With the Flat Earth models presented, how do people take Long Exposure Astrophotography photos of very distant galaxies that you cannot see with the naked eye?

The holographic models cannot be right to be able to take one of those images, but currently we are and anyone can do this on earth.

I am interested in hearing a theory on how this can be done with a flat earth model.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

They seem to think all pics of distance galaxies are faked...

Same with anything from Nasa

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon
I have an actual Genuine Question I would like to ask, no sarcasm or anything else inputted:

With the Flat Earth models presented, how do people take Long Exposure Astrophotography photos of very distant galaxies that you cannot see with the naked eye?

The holographic models cannot be right to be able to take one of those images, but currently we are and anyone can do this on earth.

I am interested in hearing a theory on how this can be done with a flat earth model.

With all the respect in your legitimate question, what are the distant lights we are seeing? No one ever had the perspective of even our own galaxy, so that is hard to say.

In my own and only my opinion, i really do wish they are distant locations we can actually visit, but beyond that even all the assumptions, and the genuinely smart people who even them selfs have never actually been to said locations are going off one simple observation.

The curvature of our world, where anyone just with the same abilities as me is able to search up, is based on observations using the limits of eyesight, with any person in the past who made the original calculations for the earths size, using said parameters and limits they came to a conclusion that our planet is round, and the same calculation remains to date.

With our observations to date, which anyone with even 100$ spare in their pockets can make, one can see objects beyond the original calculations.

That in mind, on any clear day, if you are near water which should keep to the true level no matter the shape of the earth, and see if you can see any distant stationary object, find your height and the said object's height, distance and use the curvature calculator or do it by hand if you wish, and see for yourself if you witness the curvature obscurity that should be present.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hmm... maybe

I could have sworn i read about a space tourism company somewhere... Seems after digging around it may be something coming in the near future...

the average price for a trip to space is actually about 20 million... and only a few people have done it apparently

Honestly, no disrespect, if that was actively possible i would put a second mortgage on my land and house, take us both up their because i have been dreaming about that since i was 5 years of age and putting together a puzzle of an astronaut walking on a surface of an alien planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I did not ask you for any of that and it does not relate in any way to the question I asked.

A Long Exposure Photo of a distant galaxy is from a light source being absorbed by the camera itself, the longer it is open to the source the more light it gets and the better and clearer image you receive.

My question is with a flat earth model, how is it possible for me and you to be able to take such a photo on earth? I did not ask about the roundness of earth or the curvature of earth.

edit on 23-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I did not ask you for any of that and it does not relate in any way to the question I asked.

A Long Exposure Photo of a distant galaxy is from a light source being absorbed by the camera itself, the longer it is open to the source the more light it gets and the better and clearer image you receive.

My question is with a flat earth model, how is it possible for me and you to be able to take such a photo on earth? I did not ask about the roundness of earth or the curvature of earth.

You answered your own question, and your right, it has nothing to do with the shape of our land.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You answered your own question, and your right, it has nothing to do with the shape of our land.

My mind is totally blown now! Did you hear everyone, I answered my own question with another person pointing out I answered it without my question being answered!

Yeah, that's proof alright.
edit on 24-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

One of the more popular examples of flat heads is a wet spinning basketball expelling all the water on its surface in all directions. This to them is proof that the earth must be flat because if the water does not stick to the basketball then how can it stay on the earth if it is also a globe.

I am not joking btw, they have this in quite a few of their videos.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Dec 2016 00:38:23 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Be prepared to have that problem with him a lot. and i mean A LOT.

Check out the last 2 or 3 pages in this thread with him.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note the questions i asked about his ideas and opinions and how he no matter how many times i try deflects all of it constantly by claiming things like "i dont have all the facts, i never had a asteroid in my hands, i never been to space why are you asking me things i cannot have all the facts to"

Followed by me asking him again and again to just give me his ideas and views and opinions and that i am not asking him to proof facts.

Go ahead try and ask him how the sun and the moon work according to him.

Or how he thinks the edges of the world look like or should be made out of or how water is contained on a plain hanging in nothingness. Or simply keep asking him what you have been asking him. He will not dare touch those points because he knows they are to ridiculous to discuss.

He only DEFLECTS.

I even had to go as far as this in the end:

originally posted by: everyone

Again, i think i asked about 4 times now:

You claim the earth is flat right ?
So what according to you does the flat earth look like?

Is space , ACCORDING TO YOU there or not in your opinion
What do the edges look like? what is the edge made of how does this plane contain its water? according to you and your ideas

And How do the sun and the moon work According to you and your views about a flat earth

Again, i am not asking you to bring forth facts. I am asking about your ideas about this flat earth on how when it it flat according to you how these things according to you could or should work.

Now it would be great if you would stop deflecting those questions and give me your ideas about them because you cannot just sit there and claim the earth is flat and have no thoughts opinions about the things i just asked about, especially not in a "guide" to the flat earth.

He still refused to answer.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Dec 2016 00:55:54 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Maybe you should try and answer his question to you.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

My mind is totally blown now! Did you hear everyone, I answered my own question with another person pointing out I answered it without my question being answered!

Yeah, that's proof alright.

Yeah, because anybody with a camera knows the principles exposure, what does that have to do with the shape of our land.

You people have nephews? Or children of your own?

When its Christmas season, my children and younger relatives believe that Santa Claus is real, the rest of the season his pretty much on strike.

Now in my position as a role model and an adult, i work extra hours and save enough to buy my said family member's their gifts that Santa's little helpers are to slave away and provide, as i not so honestly tell them, all other children and parents/authority figures are in the same con in any community local or state wide, so to children Santa and all its glory are literally all around them.

To make it convincing enough i can take my child to sit on Santa's lap him self, in the mall of all places, and to them its real.

Me in my position, telling them the truth would throw my children and younger family members into a fit, throwing around questions that have no real merit like, what about the red nose reindeer?

In order to avoid such aggressive behavior and do our best to keep our kids happy, we show and tell them what they already want to see, governments are in no different position then i.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join