It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Casualty in the War on the Confederate Flag is a Black Man!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Neither Dylan Roof or the Confederate flag are to blame for this.
Hervey's blood is on someone else's hands.

Agreed. But his blood is also not on the hands of the people who are fighting this alleged "war on the confederate flag".

It seems to be an accidental death to me, but if it turns out someone did cause the accident, we don't know anything about them. We don't know they followed from the rally. Maybe it was just some drunk dude, unrelated to the confederate flag issue.

This story sounds very suspicious to me...

It's tragic that 9 people were killed in a church but no flag is to blame for what 1 psychotic young man did which makes this entire movement smell of a larger agenda to me.

This flag has been an issue for YEARS. Those who wanted it taken down just used the church killing as a good reason to push their position and they were successful. This kind of think happens ALL the time.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The reason I say agenda is because it wasn't limited to just the flag on the SC Capitol grounds, it became the flag anywhere, then it was "lets dig up Bedford Forrest" in Memphis TN and people spray painting Black Lives Matter over monuments and statues to Confederate dead. The Obama administration played a quiet role by asking retailers to stop selling anything with the flag on it. Why was that any of their business if I might ask? Suddenly everyone from Kid Rock to Lynyrd Skynyrd to the Dukes of Hazard were under the gun for using the flag as imagery.

The sheer speed and breadth of this attack on Southern history was certainly no spontaneous act in my opinion. Some person or group in power had this agenda lined up and ready to go waiting for the right incident to unleash it.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What I think, is that they had a regular accident and she is trying to promote her own agenda...
Namely sympathy for the perceived importance of a movement she assists.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, with evidence and a confession by the killer.
Not inconceivable at all, just not very believable in this instance.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I mentioned in another thread that there are many free-thinking blacks that stand with the Confederate flag's true meaning and its place in history. But, the overall black population tends to want all blacks to hop step in line with the "official" take on what black people are supposed to think and say. That can be dangerous for them.

When one of them goes a bit deeper in their thinking and stands up for a different opinion, they get harassed and called 'Uncle Toms". Sometimes those people beat up and even kill them for their difference of opinion.

They are still trying to sell their own people into slavery....only this time, it is to enslave their minds.

RIP, Mr. Hervey.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

He's like the guy who got beat up by the unions for selling Gadsden merchandise in St. Louis. That man got off luckier. They left him with his life, but he was black too.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Sounds very prejudiced and uniformed to me. The flags history is not the eissue here. Its current use is. The swastika is an african/indian esoteric symbol but is it widely know to represent ? Hitler. Same with the confederate flag. All people see representing this flag are skinheads, KKK, racist and all sorts of hateful people. You should have done your part to change its perception. But now its too late so byebye flag
edit on 07pm27America/Chicago3118k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The Obama administration played a quiet role by asking retailers to stop selling anything with the flag on it.

What? The Obama Administration? Do you have a link? This is the first I've heard of that.

I admit, I haven't been following this closely, but are you talking about this?

The National Park Service on Wednesday asked its bookstore and gift shop vendors to remove standalone Confederate flag items from their shelves -- a move one of their biggest merchants agreed to make.
Source

That's not "the Obama administration" and it's not general "retailers". It's the National Park Service and it only asked the gift shops on NPS property, not WalMart, etc.

Suddenly everyone from Kid Rock to Lynyrd Skynyrd to the Dukes of Hazard were under the gun for using the flag as imagery.

The people put pressure on people to do things ALL THE TIME.

And yes, there is an agenda. Everyone has an agenda. Religions, gay people, black people, cops and corporations have an agenda. So what?

edit on 7/20/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Traitors to their own people and sadly brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Some say Amazon, ebay and other retailers were ordered to stop selling anything with the Confederate flag on it while others cite "federal law".

www.infowars.com...

As for the agenda - So what?
Really? Trying to stigmatize Southern Whites by association with the Confederate flag as racist scum doesn't trouble you? The sole reason for wanting it removed is their claim that the Civil War was fought solely over slavery (not true - there was much more than that going on) and therefore the Confederate battle flag is a symbol of racism, mind it's not the flag of the Confederate Nation.
It's an attack on the character of people who are dead and can no longer defend themselves against such accusations.
I find this movement to be in very poor taste with no regard for history or the heritage of people from the South.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Most everyone was satisfied with the first civil war, this new racism Era was created by media. This surely was not a big problem a year ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma
Traitors to their own people and sadly brainwashed.

So what you are saying is that these victims are "Uncle Tom's"?

You have the type of mindset that led to these innocent people getting killed for having an opinion different than the hive.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I see that he was a confederate flag supporter coming from a rally. I see he had a car accident or was followed by another vehicle that caused the accident (maybe a drunk or road rage). You would have to go out on a limb to say he was a casualty in regard to the confederate flag issue.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Some say Amazon, ebay and other retailers were ordered to stop selling anything with the Confederate flag on it while others cite "federal law".

www.infowars.com...

The source of that video is Godlike productions. Snopes has found it to be false that the government had anything to do with certain businesses not selling the flag. The rep in the video may not have even been in the US or understood the question well, Amazon has CSRs in other countries.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What are you talking about? What "federal law"? There is no federal law! But if you're reading infowars to get your news, I guess I can't argue with that.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Yes. How dare they have opinions contrary to what you think they should have. How dare they.

Thinking for onesself is suddenly brainwashed treachery.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Can they not be fought in the ideals of something other than slavery ?

Civil war is a war in which people of the same country fight each other for opposing ideals, which I'm positive you know.

You are correct that there will never be a civil war fought about slavery again, at least I hope not..

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Where in the world did you go to school? The civil war wasn't about slavery alone and it had very little to do with the war. Sure slavery was an ancillary item on the agenda for the civil war but was far down the list. If it were about slavery it wouldn't have taken the North until they were losing the war to free the slaves. Even Lincoln had no intention of freeing the slaves, and he only did so in order to weaken the southern armies. Lincoln was against the expansion of slavery, and was in support of a phased approach to abolition.

I guess revisionist history is winning?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't think you even read your own post. It does appear you are incredibly confused about this story...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
When we start limiting symbols and what they purportedly represent to some people, you might has well be banning freedom of speech. A symbol is whatever you make of it. I see symbols they resemble Swastikas all the time in Japan at temples however nobody gets up in arms about it nor do they think of Hitler or Naziism.

The symbol itself means nothing. It is the people that are attempting to persuade people's mindset regarding inanimate objects and attempt to assign meanings to these inanimate objects. People would be much more civil and tolerant if they would think for themselves and stop being manipulated into what others want. Least of all lets please stop giving meanings to thinks that really do not matter.
edit on 20-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: mstake

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join