It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Casualty in the War on the Confederate Flag is a Black Man!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

All members will cease personal attacks against each other in this thread.

Discuss the topic of the thread, not each other.

Please review this link:

Go After The Ball, Not The Player

Continuing to do so will result in post removals and post bans.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111
I am making a statement without any documented supporting facts. (because I am at work and don't have time.) But.... the civil war was not fought primarily over slavery. That was part of it, yes, but the main focus was the states that wanted to secede from the Union.
South Carolina - December 20, 1860
Mississippi - January 9, 1861
Florida - January 10, 1861
Alabama - January 11, 1861
Georgia - January 19, 1861
Louisiana - January 26, 1861
Texas - February 1, 1861
Virginia - April 17, 1861
Arkansas - May 6, 1861
North Carolina - May 20, 1861
Tennessee - June 8, 1861

Part of the reason was the differences in ideology between the North and South. (But YES, slavery was an issue, more specifically the right to have slaves in new territories that weren't yet states.) So I admit slavery was an issue, but not all of the issues we had a civil war.
I personally think it had something to do with "sweet tea" from the South. Nobody in the North, or West likes sugar in tea! That right there is almost enough to call for arms!

On another note, I have friends that are black. They agree that most of the hostile racism today comes from the black community. They too wonder who is stirring this pot to blind us from what is going on, and being passed behind closed doors, and what better way than to divide us with a race war.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm sure it can be hard for some to separate the Confederate flag from the segregationists that later appropriated it for themselves. That flag is however the only real symbol the South has ever had, good or bad it's still the flag many of us identify our heritage with.
As fractured and contentious as society is sometimes symbols are all we have in the way of a unifying influence. We need more than a shared interest in professional sports teams - and look how worked up people get over that! Symbols nobody died for - the flag on the other hand stands for the 200,000 dead, half million wounded and the destruction of the South at the hands of Union forces. It has real meaning and that is why they want to get rid of it so badly.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
My opinion on the Confederate battle flag?

It means whatever you want it to mean. Ultimately, it's just a piece of cloth. Utterly meaningless in and of itself. Since I'm not from the South, nor do I live there, I don't have a dog in the fight.

That's exactly how I feel about it. As long as it's not banned by the government (which it isn't), and people are free to make it, sell it and display it (which they are - meaning it's not "banned" anywhere), I don't care at all. I don't get the outrage about it. I think it's pretty hilarious and just political correctness on both sides:

"Don't you DARE fly a piece of cloth that symbolizes something I don't like! It offends me"!
"Don't you DARE say anything negative about my flying a piece of cloth that symbolizes something I like! It offends me"!

Reminds me of Muhammad cartoons. Display it all you want, but SOMEONE is going to be offended and will probably say something. The first amendment guarantees the right, but there is no guaranteed protection from "backlash".

Whichever way the public and stores lean, they're free to feel the way they do and take the actions they take to both sell it AND take it off their shelves. That's freedom, baby!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Byteme285

The school system failed him in the history category, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
"I didn't know him, really"...

..."she was letting him drive her truck"...

..."HELP.. They after us. My vehicle inside down,” Arlene Barnham said in one post...

Always good to let someone you don't know drive your vehicle...
Even better to log onto Facebook instead of dialling 911...

I don't believe a word of it.

I agree, this is Extremely suspicous.
Especially with all those weird details inserted into it.

Reminds me a bit of that mobile recording that was supposedly of some kid calling his mother from the plane with it during 911 and then when his mother picked up he introduced himself with his first and last name and say goodbey.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Where is Sharpton? NAACP? Black Lives Matter campaign? Are there all over this?

They are only interested in things that can push their political agenda and careers. At least at the top, with the people who run it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
I agree, this is Extremely suspicous.
Especially with all those weird details inserted into it.

You want to read some interesting stuff, look further into this Hervey guy as a fraud. Here - I'll get you started...
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well he did the same thing to the American flag in those pictures too. Looked like all the pictures were taken near the same time as well, but that is besides the point.

Where is the uproar over the American flag?

People are so stupid in general these days...so easy to manipulate.

The word Bahhhhhhhh comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Danke

On both sides.

So indoctrinated that the next original thought in their heads will be the first. So caught up in the fake outrage that they don't/won't see what's going on around them.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

People have always been like that unfortunately...although the faux outrage has definitely picked up lately.

Sadly it is more fun, and life seems more meaningful to those people if the lie is true. So when faced with reality and facts, they either ignore them completely, or just refuse to accept them.

Politicians are like magicians, only magicians tell you before the show starts that they are going to deceive you.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Anthony Hervey - Confederate Crook

Wrong guy, this was Anthony Henvey whose 16 year sentence was upheld last year.
He's in prison.

www.tncourts.gov...

As for the webpage devoted to calling Hervey a criminal it seems someone named Niels Graverholt from Denmark set that up. How would Hervey ever have met or interacted with this man? Note the Graverholt accuses Hervey of borrowing money and never paying it back.

From liveleak:

Back in 2003, Hervey was one of 17 defendants that were charged in a 31-count
criminal indictment with fraudulently obtaining approximately $285,000
from the U. S. Department of Education in the form of subsidized and
unsubsidized Stafford loans.
Read more at www.liveleak.com...

Charged? Why not bother listing a conviction then?
Maybe he wasn't convicted? Maybe wrong person altogether.

So we have a nice collection of allegations with no proof.

If I'm missing something please point it out.

edit on 21-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
what violence?

some lady claims that some guy she let drive her truck was being chased and ran off the road with no witnesses?

The driver was in control of the vehicle not his alleged pursuers, so it was the driver that killed himself.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Henri Paul agrees with you...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Wrong guy, this was Anthony Henvey whose 16 year sentence was upheld last year.
He's in prison.

So, LiveLeak has the wrong info? Anthony Henvey had an alias of Anthony Hervey. I believe it could be different people.

So we have a nice collection of allegations with no proof.

Kind of like this accident in the OP? All we have is the lady's word that someone was after them and it was related to the rally. I'll wait to see what the investigation says.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Seeing as how she's the only witness it's all we have to go on.
That's why I said "appears to be the first casualty" in the OP.
As more info comes in perhaps we can get some definitive answers hopefully.

edit on 21-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Its just a battle flag.Nothing more. Damn. Stop censoring history.

You do not ban personal expression in a free country. You do ban expression in a marxist leninist regime.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
well the swastika represents the elements, but the nazi redefined it. No matter what this flag stands for it has been tarnished and needs to go. To its supporters I ask, If you don't agree with its dark history , have you done anything to prove otherwise ?. BTW their are many different perspectives in the "black" community. Most likely more then any other because of all the dynamics dealt with, so to assume people are blindly critical of this flag is stereotypical and wrong.

To this fellow that passed, who knows what happened. Im sure it will come out soon
edit on 07pm87America/Chicago3100k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: alienmma

Yes. How dare they have opinions contrary to what you think they should have. How dare they.

Thinking for onesself is suddenly brainwashed treachery.

That's a fare point, but it's honestly really weird to see. I can't pretend it's not. It's easy to grasp people who aren't bothered by it, but to be so actively in support of it is kinda weird. The slavery part is hard to deny when the letters of secession mention it as a cause. Maybe brainwashed is to heavy of a word, but I don't know he has the full picture. He doesn't seem like an attention whore though, he seems genuine.
edit on 07pm10pm312015-07-21T22:11:52-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join