It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Casualty in the War on the Confederate Flag is a Black Man!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I feared it would come to violence and now we have what appears to be the first person killed over the recent Confederate flag hullabaloo - Anthony Hervey. As it turns out he's a Black Man. Perhaps freedom is only for those who agree with certain political stances which makes his death all the more troubling.

According to a friend who was traveling home with Hervey on their way back from a pro-Confederate flag rally they were ran off the road by people upset with their political views. The NBPP has been mentioned though there is no evidence implicating them at this time, in fact authorities refuse to release details on the death of Hervey saying the investigation is "ongoing".

Barnham, a black woman and a locally-known Confederate flag supporter, gave an account of her activities over the weekend with videos and posts of speaking at a Confederate Flag Rally called the “Monumental Dixie” rally.

On Sunday, July 19, Barnham posted to her Facebook saying she and Anthony Hervey were being chased and were ran off the road leading to a roll-over of the vehicle the pair were traveling in.

www.mcalesternews.com...

Another source:
www.clarionledger.com...

I had heard the name Hervey before, come to find out he was an activist in Oxford Mississippi whose political views were perhaps somewhat unique among African Americans. He often protested against affirmative action, abortion and even the culture of welfare dependency and has been assaulted before for daring to go against current politically-correct ideas.

R.I.P. Anthony Hervey. Died for exercising his 1st Amendment rights.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

First casualty a black man, why is that not surprising? And that they are flag supporters is even more troubling. In this case, it *has* to be simply because they are black. And in Mississippi, too, which is equally unsurprising.

We're regressing back to the pre-Civil Rights era, the 40s, 50s, and the 60s, in many ways. What a shame.

And things are boiling over all because of a stupid flag and a POS racist murderer. Looks like he might get his wish.

Such a shame, poor man.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Chances somebody called him "Uncle Tom" because he dared to think different?

Pretty high.

Shame that it happened. Hopefully whomever it was is held accountable, regardless of race.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

First casualty a black man, why is that not surprising? And that they are flag supporters is even more troubling. In this case, it *has* to be simply because they are black. And in Mississippi, too, which is equally unsurprising.

We're regressing back to the pre-Civil Rights era, the 40s, 50s, and the 60s, in many ways. What a shame.

And things are boiling over all because of a stupid flag and a POS racist murderer. Looks like he might get his wish.

Such a shame, poor man.

Did you read the article? Or even the OPs post? The. Black man that was killed was a supporter of theConfederate Flag. He wasn't lynched. He was probably killed by another black person angry that a fellow African American would support it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You hit the nail on the head I believe regarding the regression of society.

At this rate you guys are heading for a second civil war, and I bet no one will be satisfied yet again.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Did YOU even read MY post (which you quoted)?

I SAID they were flag supporters.

Jesus, talk about reading comprehension problems.

ETA:

Do you even know what lynching actually is? It's killing. Period.

It's NOT restricted to hanging.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"I didn't know him, really"...

..."she was letting him drive her truck"...

..."HELP.. They after us. My vehicle inside down,” Arlene Barnham said in one post...

Always good to let someone you don't know drive your vehicle...
Even better to log onto Facebook instead of dialling 911...

I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Didint a bunch of churches get burned down. Youd think that would be the first step.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wonder if it was a social media challenge like stealing flags.

It is going to keep snowballing until things like this, and worse happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very sad. If it is what it comes down to when you stand for your rights, such as he was as an outspoken author, and be killed for it then what do we have...

Hope who did this to him is brought to justice.

RIP. Sending regards.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

..."HELP.. They after us. My vehicle inside down,” Arlene Barnham said in one post...

Unfortunately, it seems the republicans have infiltrated the MSM to the extent that they manipulated this:
www.mcalesternews.com...

It seems to be a link to the article on the accident. Though I can see why you wouldn't believe it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Liquesence

You hit the nail on the head I believe regarding the regression of society.

At this rate you guys are heading for a second civil war, and I bet no one will be satisfied yet again.

We will never have another Civil War. The first was fought, as everyone knows, purely about slavery, which no longer exists here.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So what do you think happened? There's a dead man for sure. It is just inconceivable to you that a Black man might be killed over supporting the Confederate flag or just that a Black man would even have such a position?

How about we just let the authorities do their job and hopefully we'll all get some definitive answers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Mr. Spears....you are doing the "Conspiracy Theorist" thing properly.

No, this story is just too convenient of a fuel to this fire.....

I urge everyone across the nation to just ignore anything smelling like a race bait.

Divide and conquer

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Problem is, i've watched just enough Burn Notice to know that accidents aren't always accidental.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

And things are boiling over all because of a stupid flag and a POS racist murderer.

Neither Dylan Roof or the Confederate flag are to blame for this.
Hervey's blood is on someone else's hands.
Seems more like the social activist types and race baiters are the ones pushing the current move to ban all things Confederate.
It's tragic that 9 people were killed in a church but no flag is to blame for what 1 psychotic young man did which makes this entire movement smell of a larger agenda to me.
One that actually could care less about the shooting victims and more about stirring up enmity between races.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

An agenda? To be sure.

Sure, the tension has been there for quite a while (well, it never really disappeared), and no, Roof and the flag aren't necessarily to *blame*, but that was the catalyst for the sudden increased tension we're seeing, and the hasty, knee-jerk reaction to get rid of it and the memorials.

Had Roof not murdered those 9 blacks, had he not posted pictures of himself with the flag, resulting in retailers refusing to carry it and the SC debate on it flying on Capitol grounds, the whole flag controversy would likely not even exist in its current form.

True, the blood is on someone else's hands, and that person CHOSE to do what he or she did, but the catalyst for those things is what happened in Charleston and the resulting reactions to that flag.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Goes without saying I hope it really was an accident. Looked at other sources as well. Being curious on what was claimed to be doctored? Compare the articles here:

MSM:

An account given by the passenger makes the accident seem suspicious.

The MacAlester News-Capitalis reporting that a woman named Arlene Barnham had given Hervey a ride to the rally in Birmingham, Ala. On their way back to Oxford, they were involved in an accident.

Reportedly, Hervey was driving and feared they were being chased. Hervey told Barnham he noticed a silver car speeding to catch up to them, and then it swerved into their passenger side.

USA Today

Thw follow and the image included from the Op article,

“HELP.. They after us. My vehicle inside down,” Arlene Barnum said in one post, and in another post she said, “Anthony (Hervey) pinned in… gas leaking,” Her last post was a picture from the outside of an overturned vehicle.

Is not in the MSM article that came after OP article.

Faked?
Unless Arlene Barnum is lying to a) cover her accident b) only believed they were being followed

or c)writers are lying on the provided sources.
edit on 20-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Anthony Hervey made a few videos and wrote a book on Amazon as well...

Why I Wave the Confederate Flag
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I've actually seen some of this guys videos, now that you post them. Excerpts and what not. Never knew his name, though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join