It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD 'covered up pictures that PROVE UFOs exist'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Knee jerk reply fellow Knight.

Didn't Nick Pope do an AMA here on ATS a while back ?

Wait -I'll do a search.

edit on 17-7-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you Sir Timely , It's nice to have a fellow member of the order visit.

I remember the Nick Pope AMA but didn't follow it , maybe this case was brought up in that.

Here is Nick Pope's AMA
Ni !

edit on 17-7-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

'I'll just say it is best not to confuse the triangles with typical UFOs.

It is an apples and oranges sort of thing: Our triangles and their typical UFOs.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Its really a whole lot of work being among you humans---highly predatory, controlling, and manipulative.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The original blow up Nick Pope had was lost , that picture is another reproduction , the images are either destroyed or with the MoD so I doubt we'll ever get to see for ourselves what was shown on the pics.
The overwhelming likelihood is that the pictures showed something explainable but Nick Pope did have an interest in the pictures back then so maybe they didn't and the MoD have shuffled them away somewhere ... we can only guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Ahh - your superior search skills precede you Sir Gortex !

Ni !!

The first page does not promise much insight ... ! ( nor lack of controversy )

Need more convicinaging!

I shall be located in the shrubbery if a reasonable offering is to be had ...

If not ... I shall be at the bar.

edit on 17-7-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I dont trust nor believe anything that Nick Pope says, that bloke seems to be a false information agent to me. I cant tell you why and honestly dont have actual proof but for the last five years every time I see him he just feels wrong to me, like he tries to push himself into every single UFO debate or investigation, he just doesn't sit right with me and beside, I wouldn't really take this claim to heart because they cant prove it, I can sit here and say The Queen is a three eyed six legged Alien spider from the planet Aracnid' and if the Royals came out and said 'Oh it's not true' and people said 'Oh but they reckon it's not true' I'd only come back with 'And what, you were expecting them to say that they were?'

Nick Pope in anything UFO related puts me off it straight away, so the above might just be a ramble but I still dont trust him.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Documentary is............... on!

i Wonder if they say anything about ATS???!??!!?!?
edit on 17/7/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So that pic is supposed to be alien technology?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yawn

This story does the rounds every now and again and it seems there is no trace of the picture, no one at the Daily Record to corroborate the story and the original photographers have never come forward. But Nick Pope likes to tell us about his very own Fox Mulder poster. I have never heard anyone from the MoD say they saw it either. The evidence presented below is all there is. But due to Pope's wide media coverage and narrow range of cases he actually talks about it has become a minor piece of Brit UFO lore.

This is unfortunately the best picture available from the MoD files

If you wish to see the official file for free (it costs about £3.50 from the Nat Archives) here is a link : MoD UFO release DEFE 31/180/1

The specific related pages are 37 - 38 of the pdf. Not really much to see here though. If no one came forward in the past 25 years and the original picture has never materialized then I don't seen much happening on this in the future besides more chatter from Mr. Pope.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If Nick Pope is on the job then I'm in! Who better than him?! We need him back for another AMA ATS style.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I dont trust nor believe anything that Nick Pope says, that bloke seems to be a false information agent to me. I cant tell you why and honestly dont have actual proof but for the last five years every time I see him he just feels wrong to me, like he tries to push himself into every single UFO debate or investigation, he just doesn't sit right with me and beside, I wouldn't really take this claim to heart because they cant prove it, I can sit here and say The Queen is a three eyed six legged Alien spider from the planet Aracnid' and if the Royals came out and said 'Oh it's not true' and people said 'Oh but they reckon it's not true' I'd only come back with 'And what, you were expecting them to say that they were?'

Nick Pope in anything UFO related puts me off it straight away, so the above might just be a ramble but I still dont trust him.

What Dwoodward85 said ^ there.
I've been saying the same thing on ats myself, but....he worked for the mod so he MUST be telling the truth right?
He worked for the mod and will be subject to all there rules and secrecy for the rest of his life.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensis
The similarity to the F-117 is obvious to me. Today we have seen tons of pictures, but in April 1990 it was shown (completly) publically. Two Scottish hikers not familiar with planes? What would they have thought?

By Chance: Did anybody write down the dates when the F-117 left the US desert to head to Iraq? The F-177 is quiet slow and it could appear as "hovering" from a distance. It would also be kind of logic that "standard" planes clear the route in forein airspace, because other civilian planes can't see them. This was practise in the US before with A-7 and T-38 night guards.

And the max air speed of the Harrier fits also for the F-117... would you send it for a real UFO?

It doesn't look much like an F-117 at all. The angles are significantly off, and so is the size. The F-117 is the size of a fighter jet, and is not much bigger than the harrier.

Here's the F-117 next to an F-15, F-16, F/A-18 and a Tornado.

Whatever the object in that 'UFO' picture is, an F-117 it most certainly is not.
edit on 17-7-2015 by TeaAndStrumpets because: added image

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You have clearly never dialed it to 11.

In any case, this is already starting to sound like another Jaime Maussan-style media circus. I used to think Nick Pope was pretty cool, being a former Defense Ministry employee, but now his eyes have been replaced with dollar signs like a lot of other UFOlogists these days and his claims have been sounding less and less credible as the years have gone by.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro

I've never understood why people thought Nick Pope had any credibility to begin with. Now he's made a career off of exaggerations of his duties in a MoD position that he held for 3 years...

Just so everyone remembers:

-- He claimed there would be mass UFO sightings during the 2012 Olympics.

-- He made various claims regarding government plans for an alien invasion, then issued this statement when people caught on to him:

“My comments concerning Alien Invasion etc, arose because I was commissioned to do some tie-in PR for the launch of the alien invasion themed Sony Playstation game, “Resistance: Burning Skies”, out exclusively on the Playstation Vita. I came up with the idea of an alien invasion war plan."

-- He is usually referred to (and refers to himself as) a "senior MoD official", but this document, released by the MoD's DIS shows that he was no such thing:

-- MoD documents made public in 1997 had this to say about him:

"Turning specifically to your comments concerning Mr Pope, I
should point out that he was a junior desk officer in the
Secretariat(Air Staff)2a section from 1991-1994 and was not in
charge of, or the head of any part of Secretariat (Air Staff)2.
Mr Pope was an executive officer and shared the support of one
administrative officer. Although Sec(AS)2a was, and still is,
the focal point for handling queries directed at the MOD in
connection with "unexplained" aerial sightings, during Mr Pope's
time such work represented a small part of his overall duties.
There were no staff working on this subject on a full-time basis
and this remains the case."
(DEFE24/2000 page 43)

-- Linda Unwin, who took over his position at the MoD after he left had this to say:

"The first point to make is that there is no 'UFO Project'.
Handling of UFO sightings is a very small element of our work."

As far as I'm concerned, Nick Pope is just another shyster out to make a buck off those who are eager to believe in extraterrestrial visitation, but too lazy and/or stupid to do any research of their own.
edit on 7/18/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

People are ready to accept someone who works for a government office to be credible, since a common logical fallacy is the argument from authority. People have a tendency to believe that big credentials mean integrity and trustworthiness. That's why people thought he was credible. Simple human mistake.

Haha, and yeah... the 2012 Olympics prediction was one of my favorite red flags that he was doing it for the cash.
edit on 7/18/2015 by Kojiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro

People are ready to accept someone who works for a government office to be credible, since a common logical fallacy is the argument from authority. People have a tendency to believe that big credentials mean integrity and trustworthiness.

Yeah, I understand that, but when it comes to the subject of aliens and UFOs, most 'believers' will scream about government lies and cover-ups until they're blue in the face; That is, until some former official says something that supports their position and beliefs; Then that ex-official is made out to be some sort of hero.

It's fallacious and hypocritical as hell, and I find it hilarious.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Indeed. The contradiction is not lost on me either. I guess it might have to do with the fact that whistleblowers do exist and have disclosed serious government overreach, and that people want every person like Nick Pope to be another Deep Throat.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TeaAndStrumpets

Whatever the object in that 'UFO' picture is, an F-117 it most certainly is not.

Without the original pictures we can't say with any certainty what the object was or wasn't , the other jets in the sky at the time may indicate a training exercise or perhaps test of a secret aircraft which may be why the pictures were disappeared.

edit on 18-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

He claimed there would be mass UFO sightings during the 2012 Olympics.

He actually said no such thing.

Speaking earlier this month, he said: 'It has been a widely held belief in Ministry of Defence circles that "aliens" have been able to detect us for decades via TV and radio broadcasts.

'What once seemed like science fiction is steadily being realised by central governing bodies as distinctly real.
'If aliens have studied our psychology, they may choose to appear in our skies on a significant date.
'The closing ceremony of the Olympic Games is one date being widely circulated by conspiracy groups
www.dailymail.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.dailymail.co.uk...

He is usually referred to (and refers to himself as) a "senior MoD official"

I've not seen him refer to himself as a "senior MoD official" perhaps you could provide a link to that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join