It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flags filmed being stolen, destroyed in new social media challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Just a drop in the bucket of the violence which is sure to follow the increasing public brandishing of the racist, pro slavery, pro segregation, confederate flag.

Sure people will die, people will kill, people will be killed. Eventually the flag is going to have to go. . . . Why you may ask because it incites violence against African Americans as well as every other non caucasian person on earth.

Seriously? Seeing a piece of cloth as an excuse for violence is only justified in those who cannot control themselves. Thosr responsible for violence are the violent.

If someone puts on KKK robes and goes through the inner city waving a confederate flag its only a matter of time before that person incites violence. Thats what that person would want to do piss people off. What do you think would happen if someone waved nazi flags in isreal? They would most likely incite violence as well.

And you support violence over images? Words?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just don't get why people can't have thicker skin...I mean I don't get offended when I hear small penis jokes...

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer I said three because of a video in this thread where a black guy knocked out a white guy over the rebel rag. If I had said 2 someone would have cried over that too. Whatever. Seven wouldn't make a trend either.

Yet one cracked asshole recording a video of himself with a rebel flag prior to shooting 9 African Americans in a church makes the flag a clear symbol of racism across the nation?
Perspective: you need some.
edit on 15-7-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

As long as that KKK member doesn't assault or trespass or break any laws he is allowed to do so. Anyone who assaults him on his walk should be locked up.

Replace "KKK member" with any group you want.

edit on 15-7-2015 by XTexan because: clarification

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Just a drop in the bucket of the violence which is sure to follow the increasing public brandishing of the racist, pro slavery, pro segregation, confederate flag.

Sure people will die, people will kill, people will be killed. Eventually the flag is going to have to go. . . . Why you may ask because it incites violence against African Americans as well as every other non caucasian person on earth.

So you blame people who own a flag for the behavior of misguided miscreants? Do you frequently blame the victim?

A flag cannot incite anything. That is up to the individual, not the flag. Unless it is a bull in a ring or something. LOL
edit on 7/15/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Unless it is a bull in a ring or something. LOL

But a bull is an animal that does not know any better.

Oh....I see what you did there.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Judging by the barrage of videos that hit the various feeds that I follow....the confederate flag is a far, far, far smaller symbol of perpetrating violence on african americans that the badge.

divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hmm..what's worse..people stealing a ten dollar flag or the people who would justify another person killing them over it?

Yeah those sound like responsible gun owners.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What was the name of that man that shot those people in the church, again?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It doesn't matter. because confederate flag.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

Yes, people trespassing, stealing property and destroying it...

Sounds like a criminal to me.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We've become a "Jerry Springer Nation", no two ways about it.

React without thinking and blame the other person always.

Critical thinking needs to be taught in schools early on, and made mandatory throughout , because the way people react impulsively these days, shows a lack of any type of higher motor skills.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Most people flying the Rebel flag at home are simply saying "no" to the over reach of either the government or the over-the-top demands of the mob to implement acts they don't think they should have to do constitutionally. Simple as that.

The Rebel flag represents disagreement. If a citizen flies it to show their disagreement, does that mean they should have to endure a bunch of thieving thugs coming onto their property and stealing or defacing their stuff?

Someone will get shot, then all hell is going to break loose! I wonder if these a**holes trespassing and thieving are part of the activist groups that have gone into Ferguson and Baltimore to stir the racial sh*tp*t? They keep trying, don't they?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

So I am justified for wanting to brain certain people with a folding chair?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Which is better memorializing the actions of a racist by constantly talking about his actions and cementing his name into everyone's pysche or talking about a perceived symbol of racism that may contribute to creating people like that guy? I know I see TONS of people lamenting how we give these types of people the attention they are seeking by talking about their actions for weeks on end afterwards after similar situations have happened (notably the Sandy Hook incident). Here is a clear example of us NOT giving attention to someone like this and instead we complain that we should be talking about him instead of what we ARE focusing on.

Personally, I'D rather be talking about the confederate flag than Dylan Roof.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think what is ironic about this whole ordeal, with the confederate flag, is that they probably are selling more flags than every before, and people that didn't even think about hanging them out are going to now.

Talk about political stupidity and adding fuel to the fire.

smh

edit on 15-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

History. Learn it. While you're at it stop pretending that the rebel rag or any other confederate rag wasn't an issue before Dylann Roof.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Three people does not a trend make. Don't you guys ever get sick of looking like fools?

Fools, oh... thanks a lot, as you're referencing the posts that I made about this earlier.

No one has said it's a trend. It's an asinine tantrum, supported by some people SO FAR(hopefully not more) on social media.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Realtruth

So I am justified for wanting to brain certain people with a folding chair?

According to social norms, "Yes" go ahead people will most likely cheer you on. Sad isn't it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Which is better memorializing the actions of a racist by constantly talking about his actions and cementing his name into everyone's pysche or talking about a perceived symbol of racism that may contribute to creating people like that guy? I know I see TONS of people lamenting how we give these types of people the attention they are seeking by talking about their actions for weeks on end afterwards after similar situations have happened (notably the Sandy Hook incident). Here is a clear example of us NOT giving attention to someone like this and instead we complain that we should be talking about him instead of what we ARE focusing on.

Personally, I'D rather be talking about the confederate flag than Dylan Roof.

We should be talking about mental health. Every time these things happen the discussion should be mental health.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join