It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flags filmed being stolen, destroyed in new social media challenge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We've become a "Jerry Springer Nation", no two ways about it.

When the crowd started shouting "USA USA USA" when they took down the confederate flag, it could have been an episode.

Spot on.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Three people does not a trend make. Don't you guys ever get sick of looking like fools?

You have said on other threads that freedom of speech allows people to fly the Confederate flag on private property. Do you agree or disagree that trespassing on private property and stealing someone's personal property is a criminal act?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan

We should be talking about mental health. Every time these things happen the discussion should be mental health.

Here's the problem with that argument.

One sane doctor in a room full of mentally unsound people, things go bad and they turn against him, the majority rules, even if they are insane.

Washington D.C. is living proof of that.

Mental health and reasoning are subjective.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Wow, you really are that clueless. You have no idea how beautiful that was or why. I won't elaborate for you, you don't deserve to know.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Of course it's criminal and the two fools that did it will be charged as they should be and I imagine that the guy that assaulted another guy over the rag will be too.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

Wow, you really are that clueless. You have no idea how beautiful that was or why. I won't elaborate for you, you don't deserve to know.

Beautiful just like www.abovetopsecret.com... and tearing them down. Hey, Newsome did it!

/rolling eyes smh
edit on 15-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think what is ironic about this whole ordeal, with the confederate flag, is that they probably are selling more flags than every before, and people that didn't even thing about hanging them out are going to now.

Talk about political stupidity and adding fuel to the fire.

smh

Kinda like AR-15s selling like hotcakes after Sandy Hook. Ironic that the "South will rise again" prophecy is coming true because it being actively pushed down. If folks on both sides cannot calm down, take off the blinders, and develop a smidgen of common sense, then I'm afraid this will lead to blood in the streets.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Reach a little harder.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernComfort

That is why I truly think that parents that have time and patience, need to teach, and/or learn critical thinking skills, and instill this in their children.

Regardless of whatever life delivers critical thinking will almost always prevail.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When kids decide to make a game out of crime it make a major statement about their belief in the rights of others.

Part of that statement is they don't care about those other people's rights.

I bet they would go beserk if someone stole their iPhone.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: SouthernComfort

That is why I truly think that parents that have time and patience, need to teach, and/or learn critical thinking skills, and instill this in their children.

Regardless of whatever life delivers critical thinking will almost always prevail.

This is why we home school. Critical thinking is not allowed in public schools. We always taught our kids to think and as a result, they were always in trouble for asking questions. As soon as we were somewhat able, we yanked them all out of that educational farce of a public school system.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thread closed for cool down and posting review

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

This thread will be reopened in a while.

Once the thread has been reopened, all members will refrain from talking about each other. That is not the topic of the thread.

Members are asked to stay on topic, which is:

"Confederate flags filmed being stolen, destroyed in new social media challenge"

It is not a thread about other members. It is not a thread about Dylann Roof's mental health (create another thread for that).

It is not a thread about political views, or opinions on those political views.

Stay on topic. Discuss the topic, NOT each other.

If you're confused, here are some links to review:

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Please Stay On Topic

Discussions here on ATS can become quite heated at times, and during those times someone may post in a way that violates the ATS Terms and Conditions. If they do so, alert the post, do not respond to it. Allow the Staff to deal with it.

If you can not make a post without calling another ATS member a name or insult.....walk away. There is NO call for that in any thread.

Any further Off Topic posts will result in Post Bans being handed out and the post removed.

We will post when the thread is reopened.

In the mean time: cool off and calm down.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thread is now open.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A justified political stance is always worth a criminal record...
Sometimes even death...

But calling for bullets to fire...
Tsk tsk tsk.

That's shameful.

But I guess a traitor's flag, designed by a racist, for an enemy's lost cause is worth shooting someone over...

Stay off my lawn.
edit on 15-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Apostrophes!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join