It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flags filmed being stolen, destroyed in new social media challenge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have noticed an increase of rebel flags in my Tn town since the issue has been in the media limelight. I haven't heard of any incidents like these, but this town is ripe for the plucking. Open racism and religious bigotry from all sides is a regular occurance in these parts. If your not a white christian, then you miss out on about 90% of the opportunities.

In my town, flying the rebel flag is a statement of bigotry. Very few try to sidestep that point. It is def not a majority by any means, but it is prevalent.

One side pushes, another pushes back, and so are the days of our lives.

There are also several govt buildings sporting the names of Nathan Bedford Forrest and friends. Including the offices of our mayor. I'm just waiting on the flood of beauracracy that is surely to come.

I have no affinity for the flag myself. My lineage is Native American (creek) and Irish/Welsh. We have been treated poorly by pretty much everyone. Perhaps someone in my family fought in the war, but i didn't know them.

I consider those who still sport the flag to be the rebels that they claim to be. I have no dog in that hunt.

a reply to: XTexan

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
people really , REALLY need to put this in context against all the other " social media challenges " out there .

just my opinion - but stealling flags looks " quite " sane when compared to ` douse yourself in accelerant and strike a match `

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Most progressives are hypocrites .

If people were tearing down the rainbow flag in protest over the gay marriage decision by the Supreme Court.

The same people glorifying rebel flag attacks would be outraged .

The rainbow flag doesnt represent slavery and dehumanization of your fellow human beings now does it?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If people were tearing down the rainbow flag in protest over the gay marriage decision by the Supreme Court.

Great point........Take a good hard look progressives at the difference. This is an issue that just happened and you are right on the money conservatives did not start ripping down rainbow flags across the country.

Progressives live in idealism land not reality and those ideals are failure on many levels including home life.
edit on 15-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

The rainbow flag doesnt represent slavery and dehumanization of your fellow human beings now does it?

Progressive logic hard at work justifying it away..........I think you missed the bigger point because your idealism is clouding your view.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No the comparison only represents free-speech something I'm certainly sure you are quite unaware of . Although I don't follow the same beliefs. In some peoples mind the Rainbow flag represents homosexuality, immoral behavior , perversion and abomination .

But again it's that whole free speech thing and that doesn't concern you in your idealism .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a reply to: XTexan

It's already starting. Apparently freedom of speech only applies to one side .

I remember when the movie Malcolm X released and those white t-shirts with a huge black "X" on it were all the rage with black kids. If anyone here doesn't know who Malcolm X was and what he stood for, then GTS (not familiar with GTS? Google it). At a school a couple towns over, it was against the rules to display a rebel flag on anything because PC. After Malcolm X came out, The black "X" t-shirts were being worn by a lot of black kids. In response, a lot of white kids wore rebel flag t-shirts. There was of course a huge brawl and now both symbols are banned. Free speech + race-baiting (ALL races) = loss of freedom. Divide and conquer is such a successful premise because people are stupid.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just a drop in the bucket of the violence which is sure to follow the increasing public brandishing of the racist, pro slavery, pro segregation, confederate flag.

Sure people will die, people will kill, people will be killed. Eventually the flag is going to have to go. . . . Why you may ask because it incites violence against African Americans as well as every other non caucasian person on earth.

Seriously? Seeing a piece of cloth as an excuse for violence is only justified in those who cannot control themselves. Thosr responsible for violence are the violent.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No the comparison only represents free-speech something I'm certainly sure you are quite unaware of . Although I don't follow the same beliefs. In some peoples mind the Rainbow flag represents homosexuality, immoral behavior , perversion and abomination .

But again it's that whole free speech thing and that doesn't concern you in your idealism .

What does any of that have to do with oppressing other human beings through slavery, dehumanization, and segregation? Nothing at all. When you incite violence, harm others, and take away your fellow human beings basic human rights you become an enemy of mankind. You think the rainbow flag does any of that? Think again. . . . .

However the coonfederate flag represents those who did that very thing and not only is it used to honor those who did it, but its also used to promote a racist agenda in our modern world.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

All your posts scream ignorance. You are advocating here that it's OK to break the law and oppress people that do not agree with you. Anyone in a true "form of the lord" would forgive, have pity, try to see other perspectives, turn the other cheek, etc. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a REAL "form of the lord". Think about that if you are able.

ETA: www.washingtonsblog.com... The US Government killed MLK. Guess what flag they fly. Selective outrage is getting old.
edit on 7/15/2015 by SouthernComfort because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Just a drop in the bucket of the violence which is sure to follow the increasing public brandishing of the racist, pro slavery, pro segregation, confederate flag.

Sure people will die, people will kill, people will be killed. Eventually the flag is going to have to go. . . . Why you may ask because it incites violence against African Americans as well as every other non caucasian person on earth.

Seriously? Seeing a piece of cloth as an excuse for violence is only justified in those who cannot control themselves. Thosr responsible for violence are the violent.

If someone puts on KKK robes and goes through the inner city waving a confederate flag its only a matter of time before that person incites violence. Thats what that person would want to do piss people off. What do you think would happen if someone waved nazi flags in isreal? They would most likely incite violence as well.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with oppressing other human beings through slavery, dehumanization, and segregation? Nothing at all.

Repeat that as many times as you like. It still doesn't change the fact that by your every response you declare your inability to understand the concept of free speech .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernComfort

All your posts scream ignorance. You are advocating here that it's OK to break the law and oppress people that do not agree with you. Anyone in a true "form of the lord" would forgive, have pity, try to see other perspectives, turn the other cheek, etc. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a REAL "form of the lord". Think about that if you are able.

When people promote racism based on ignorance it is taking a step back in our evolution, I see the other perspective however I have the common sense to understand others through empathy. . . .

What does empathy have to do with this issue? Everything! Because we are all connected by the divine, and that which is done to the least of us is done to all of us. The divine lives equally in all, and he who harms his fellow beings human or otherwise is only harming himself.

No racism is not ok, because it is an illusion that further divides humanity causing progress to halt. We have a divine destiny that we will eventually get to, its just a matter of time. . . . .

Eventually non duality will be known perhaps in the afterlife, until then we all keep living likened to deluded fools.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Three people does not a trend make. Don't you guys ever get sick of looking like fools?

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Three people does not a trend make. Don't you guys ever get sick of looking like fools?

Yesterday you said it was only 2 people.

Let me guess.

Tomorrow you'll say, "Seven people does not a trend make. Don't you guys ever get sick of looking like fools?"

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Practice what you preach then. Tell everyone who is hung up about material things (such as flags) to STFU and go to church. Maybe all people can unite under one symbol - how about a smile? A big fat smile on a big fat flag. Everyone has the capability to smile. Every symbol on this planet means different things to different people. Until this understanding has been reached, there will always exist a symbol that is considered offensive - except for the artist formally known as Prince.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer I said three because of a video in this thread where a black guy knocked out a white guy over the rebel rag. If I had said 2 someone would have cried over that too. Whatever. Seven wouldn't make a trend either.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SubTruth

Progressive logic? Progressive logic has nothing to do with this situation. It is just an opportunity for assholes to behave like their namesake.

You are wrong..........I am looking at how even stealing is socially acceptable if it fits into your agenda. Are the people ripping the flags down conservatives........They are liberal progressives for the most part I believe.

Oh yes, because ONLY progressives would have zero problems with stealing something and defacing it later. Conservatives would NEVER do something like this.

Progressives are idealists and that is why they can form opinions like this and than justify it away......I am right on the money.

By stereotyping the ideas of entire political affiliation based on a few youtube videos and hashtag campaigns? Yeah ok.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Flag fetish. The dollar bill has a slave owner on it. I'm going to start stealing those! I better get a job on Wall St.

Edit:

What other bills have slave owners on them? Quick trivia question.
edit on 15-7-2015 by JeanPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

just out of curiousity - in a country of 320 million people - how many is " a trend " ???????????????????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join