It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book : The Secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hello ATS!
I am wondering how many of you have read the book The Secret by Rhond Byrne?

There is a lot of controversy from people saying it either works or its a sham.
Well you can take this at face value, but i truely believe it works.
Im not saying go out and buy this book tonight and tomorrow you will be a millionaire. But i can guarantee that once you read this book, start practicing its keympoints, in 1 month you will see improvements.

I want to hear from others in ATS like myself that have read the book, used the techniques, have and are continuing to benefit from The Secret.
As we know, there are mountains of things to be gratefull for everyday, i am gratefull for this book. Not only has it made me a better person mentally, but it has changed my life.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Man if I had a nickel for every time some one has told me to read this book.

People in the sales community swear by this book, I haven't read it but I know the gist of it.

As I have seen it's main points outlined in sales meeting after sales meeting.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I haven't read the book but I kind of do think there might be something to the law of attraction. Of course there's no scientific evidence supporting it... but this is a feely thing, I think I'm allowed a few of those

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Rhonda Byrne, is that you?

edit on 7/14/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

have and are continuing to benefit from The Secret.

I've told of this before but I'll tell it again. My best results came one night when my Wife and I sat on the bed and chanted positive affirmations and intentions. Long story short, I sculpt and sell hood ornaments. During the winter months, sales are near next to very little and have been for many years. Well, less than 12 hours after we chanted, that next morning, I checked my items and I made 700 dollars in sales since that night. Coincidence? It could be, but I don't think so.....We've had things happen many times.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Human brains are made to find patterns.

If we are concentrating on 'good things', then we will see them more frequently as a pattern. If we concentrate on 'bad things' then we will see them as a pattern more frequently. The actual occurrence of good and bad things does not change to fit our perception.

... and one persons good is another persons, bad, too.

If the law of attraction exists, why do people die (the ultimate bad thing)? All through history, 100%, no matter how hard we try and avoid it. Not one person has survived by thinking about living forever.

The implication of the law of attraction is that we think ourselves into the bad things that happen to us all. Every evil, every circumstance of pain or disappointment is our own creation.

I conclude that there is no 'law of attraction'. It is emotive, faulty reasoning to make sales of stuff nobody needs.

edit on 14/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

have and are continuing to benefit from The Secret.

I've told of this before but I'll tell it again. My best results came one night when my Wife and I sat on the bed and chanted positive affirmations and intentions. Long story short, I sculpt and sell hood ornaments. During the winter months, sales are near next to very little and have been for many years. Well, less than 12 hours after we chanted, that next morning, I checked my items and I made 700 dollars in sales since that night. Coincidence? It could be, but I don't think so.....We've had things happen many times.

Cracking up too much to be coherent - brilliant!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dabbled into the whole "ask the universe" And "Law of attraction" Seen the movie "the secret", watched many youtube video's on this subject and read other stuff online. Eventually I even proved it to a couple friends and had them astonished to what i achieved, it got me out of a pickle the first few times.

It actually did somehow for work for me at first, But later it became a curse. Things went south fast and I was not able to keep up with projecting the good life anymore, darkness came and I became homeless among other bad things happened that was no good for me.

I still have not recovered and I am a bitter shell of what i used to be.

I believe in my heart this is "Black magic" to the extreme and would advise anyone to just steer clear of this mojo hocus pocus!
edit on 7/14/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about what happened to ya proob4.
I know we bickered on here before but, truely sorry to hear that happened.

Donktheclown, great to hear that its worked for you as well.
I make scupltures out of antique pocket watch parts as a hobby. Im actually opening a store with my wife on Etsy this weekend. Ive made a good amount of money from my hobby here in town, so im going to see how well it does world wide. Something tells me a lot of people are going to enjoy my work and i will be busy doin custom orders.

To the others that havent read it yet or think its just a coincidence, whats the harm in reading the book and trying it out for yourself?
The Book works. Or maybe im just extremely lucky. Either way im happy with what takes place in my life and i owe it to some of the things ive learnt from this book.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As well, im NOT trying to say just ask the universe for a million dollars and money is going to fall from the sky.
No matter what, people have to work for what they want. But i honestly think that the methods ive learnt from the book, have played a big part in my success

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Sorry to hear about what happened to ya proob4.
I know we bickered on here before but, truely sorry to hear that happened.

Thanks, I might "bicker" and act like a royal jackass on here at times. It's just the bitterness I feel from time to time. I don't hate anyone here on ATS either. in fact I love and appreciate all of you here in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Lol im the same way my friend. I really enjoy reading everyones opinions and comments on this site.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Humans will rationalize whatever they choose that allows them to believe whatever suits their fancy. We do it all day every day without fail, opting to see our choices as favorable no matter what in the heat of the moment. Even those that commit crimes rationalize that what they want is worth doing (and that they'll get away with it).

The same is true with practices outlined in books such as the Secret, or the bible, or any number of self-help books.
People will attribute success with their personal god favoring them or giving them the skills/strength necessary when successes are made. And just as often, they will rationalize some reason why it didn't work out after failures.

Overall, the message the book gives is generally a positive one as striving to think positively and bring about good actions on a consistent basis will often bring about good results. Some know this by another word: Focus

While relatively harmless, there's still the fact that not everything works out 100% of the time and when you follow a cycle of belief like the one outlined in the book, it takes a certain amount of personal responsibility AWAY from yourself when you place the outcomes in an outer "power" such as the universe. In addition, it can lead to feeling BADLY about yourself when you feel like "you didn't do it right or enough" and cause an opposing reaction to things that happen in your life.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It works but not in the 'wish for it hard enough and the universe will grant it' way which is just new age lazy stupidity. It's not a mystical hack for getting everything you want and there are no shortcuts in life.

If you have an attainable goal and put 100% focus, positive energy and hard work into it you'll achieve it. You can live the life you want to live and obtain the things you want but without the hard work part you're purely relying on luck.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hey Mac, I would look into Ebay before Etsy if you haven't already. My Wife and I had an Etsy account where we sold basically nothing at all. Just a thought. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Be careful... very careful. Are you familiar with James Arthur Ray?

Ray's popularity soared after appearing in the 2006 Rhonda Byrne documentary "The Secret," and Ray promoted it on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and "Larry King Live."

Do you think he intended or wanted to kill four people?

Self-help guru convicted in sweat lodge deaths

The tragic death of Colleen Conaway (please read!)

Do you think the deceased wanted or intended to die when they attended his events?

The Law of Attraction is real... but it's incomplete and therefore faulty... Hence why it's also called the Flaw of Attraction. Also true is the Law of Karma (or the Third Law of Motion if you prefer): For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Sure, you can make things happen for yourself, but whatever ill befalls others as a result will come back and bite you. So be real careful what you ask for... and how.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There's tons of the ads hacking the. there book and DVD to pieces...for years now....Google the secret/ATS on google

You if havent watched the DVD....do so....all these "experts" explaining it....it comes off quite differently...

There is no real "secret"...law of attraction and whether it has any real basis in fact.....is a very old concept....no secret there
edit on 15-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I haven't read the book but I kind of do think there might be something to the law of attraction. Of course there's no scientific evidence supporting it... but this is a feely thing, I think I'm allowed a few of those

There is science that do support it . How effective it is needs to be determined.

Synchronicity.

The placebo and nocebo effect.

My mom had when I was young the ability to attract me home when she wanted me to come home and eat and could create the synchronicity. It is part of the psi/telepathy that some souls can do and notice themselves doing. Two events in space time connected.
edit on 15-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I thought Etsy was the new Ebay lol.
Maybe ill give both a shot. The city i live in, doesnt have very many venues for artists, so ive had to post my ads on this
thing called Kijiji. Ive made some good cash off it. But i want to reach out to the world with what i make.
I think a lot of people into steampunk art will get a kick out of it

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

ya i seen the movie on netflix.
But i found the book a lot better

top topics

<<   2 >>

join