It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enhanced Color Pluto Image Released!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Awesome pics.

Can't wait for the "is that a pyramid?" crowd

hahaha! Some are already talking of man made structures..... others are saying the photos are fake....... if only they would reach an agreement!! lol

S&F OP!!! Pluto is a stunner indeed!

edit on 16-7-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It looks that it has both titan and IO featured landscape . Methane and sulfur dioxide kind of look?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just don't get how NASA can be so sloppy releasing images like at this link below. Clearly something was deleted and can be seen with the bare eye, or exaggerated in photoshop by adjusting levels.

By no means am I claiming anything is behind what was deleted, only that it's sloppy work to release to the public. No real conspiracy in question from my end.

Then again, maybe it's the annunaki mothership.

Link:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Awesome pics.

We aim to please!

If no evidence of ET's exists on Pluto of it's moons, i'd say the entire mission was well worth doing if these wonderful images are all we ever glean from the mission...just think, in all of recorded history, our eyes are among the first Human eyes to ever see an image of Pluto so clearly....that in itself is worth the entire mission.

Having said that, I do hope there are anomalies and evidence of deliberately positioned ET artifacts though..what better place to leave a calling card for Human beings to find than Pluto?

If we discover such evidence on Pluto, we would have HAD to have become sufficiently technological to be able to even see it, let alone discover the calling card.

If i were planting evidence, a kind of 'look...you're obviously advanced enough to be able to understand this evidence, since you have become advanced enough to have discovered it...here's our address in the Cosmos, and our telephone number...we hope you make the call'...i would place such a thing on a remote world where primitives would never even know existed, only those sufficiently advanced enough to interest my species would ever stand a chance of discovering it...in our system, i would choose Pluto.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The thing that amazes me most about it are the lack of impact craters in the close up released picture. With Pluto's close location to the Keiper belt I thought it would have more impact craters than any other planet. There must be active techtonics on that planet if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

That's something that was commented on in the Press conference. The implication from it is that the surface we're looking at is relatively young, which implies an active planet of some sort. The suggestions are that gravitational forces from its interaction with other bodies are causing tidal heating, or that there is some sort of tectonic activity causing new material to be deposited.

The current observations are from the night side, and the idea is that the sun backlighting Pluto should illuminate any sprays, or geysers, or whatever from the surface,

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

I thought exactly the same thing.

I was expecting HEAVILY pock marked, scared and gouged terrain...but despite the interesting features so far hinted at, it's remarkably smooth for being so close to the system debris field.

Perhaps, as you say, Pluto is active...as surprising as that would be, it would explain the relatively smooth appearance.

Maybe the answer lies with Pluto's frozen nature...perhaps hydrocarbons are melting and refreezing again, due to some unknown mechanisms, perhaps gravitational forces are generating enough 'heat' (read as less cold) to create gas, which instantly refreezes?

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Awesome pics.

I just want to know what that little blue dude with the parka is doing there?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wonderful stuff!! I cannot wait for more pics!!
I love threads like this just to read everyone's analysis of the photos and is it not time to restore Pluto's planet status?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: robbystarbuck

Wow, now if only they could fake a 'good' photo of Pluto like the one of the Moon Landing by some Astronaut who apparently go there before they did! Now that would impress me.

ha ha...that colored photo excuse me colored image looks like one of my old tie dyed t-shirts.
Here's my question why are they so interested in Pluto when its not even a planet anymore?
aren't there more interesting planets to see?
what is with the fascination of Pluto?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
If no evidence of ET's exists on Pluto of it's moons, i'd say the entire mission was well worth doing if these wonderful images are all we ever glean from the mission...just think, in all of recorded history, our eyes are among the first Human eyes to ever see an image of Pluto so clearly....that in itself is worth the entire mission.

Sure, we all like pretty pictures. And I guess we have so much money and resources that the amount we spend going to Pluto to get those pictures (and pick up some data) is pretty minimal. Keeps scientists busy and off the dole, and from selling their skills to other countries.

It doesn't really mean anything to me, personally, though. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge? Sure, I guess. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
What is with the fascination of Pluto?

Popular demand. In a few years, everybody but a few scientists will forget all about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

ah funny that!

I think part of the fascination with pluto is that it's the farthest planet to date they've really found on the edge of the solar system, i' believe anyways. Or they're just really bored and love wasting money.

Atleast their fascination isn't fixated on Uranus.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why explore and study the Solar System? What a strange, strange question. It is our home, just like our planet Earth is. Our American friends wouldn't even be here if it weren't for voyages of discovery.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

ah funny that!

I think part of the fascination with pluto is that it's the farthest planet to date they've really found on the edge of the solar system, i' believe anyways. Or they're just really bored and love wasting money.

Atleast their fascination isn't fixated on Uranus.

I think maybe they might be looking for something else or they are trying to prove that they can indeed go into space and reinforce the heliocentric Earth,it seems to be the popular topic in the past few months...lol,who knows what they're doing because in my mind they lie all the time..."nasholes"...I don't think they are much interested in Uranus, a group of men who first dared venture to Uranus have never since spoken of what they saw.
edit on 19-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

lol ... i'm not sure i'd want to find out what they saw there either, those nas'holes'. Yuk!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join