It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a man!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So I've posted a little about my relationship with a friends brother. It became a huge mess over really stupid stuff and we stopped seeing each other. I had not heard from him in a month. I was upset, obviously because I had no idea what was going on. All I knew was my friend, his sister, betrayed me. I forgive her but it still made things a mess!

Well two weeks ago HE SHOWED UP MY DOOR, UNANNOUNCED! I heard a knock and when I answered and saw him I shut the door. Lol I was thinking, "omg what is he doing here!" He laughed and said, " ok we can talk through the door." I of course opened the door back up and let him in. The first the he said to me was that he loved me and was in love with me and couldn't be without me. He didn't care what anyone thought, including his family. I was FLOORED. I have never had any man make that kind of love declaration in my life.. I remember my jaw being wide open in shock. Lol My brain was processing everything and I couldn't believe it. It turns out he was as miserable as I was that month! Because we had not spoken I had no idea what he was thinking and it drove me crazy but deep down in some way I felt he would come around at some point. I was still upset but I had this gut feeling we would end up together one day again, turns out I was right and it was sooner than later!

It's crazy how this whole situation has been. Each time we ended up back with each other and this last time was the best! The way he came here and expressed his feelings was amazing. I know it was hard for him to make that choice with his family but they do know we make each other very happy and we love each other. I've loved him for ten years as a friend and always had a crush on him you could say. I just never went there before because he's my friends brother. Now we are so happy together. We both talk about the connection we feel that we never felt before. I look at pics of all of us from years ago and you can see the chemistry, no wonder people thought we were always a couple. Lol

I still have not spoken to his family but that will come in time. We have all known each for years and the situation is a bit nuts but we have both agreed to let that go and worry about us right now. His family knows me and how I am. It's just the fact my ex is part of this that makes it difficult but in time things will work out. Not worried or mad at them.

I've always been a hopeless romantic I won't lie. I've dated and loved a few and the thing is I knew deep down the love wasn't reciprocated n those previous relationships but the sappy romantic in me thought I could change that, of course I didn't. I did however learn from each experience and I have no regrets nor am I bitter towards any ex. It's a lesson learned and now I'm with who I am suppose to be with.

It is such a wonderful feeling when you can feel the love from another. I can't begin to describe it. I've never had this kind of love before and it's all so crazy with our history as friends. He knows my faults and hard times and doesn't judge me. He accepts me for me. He's really good at reassuring me and keeping my mind calm. It's great. I can be so open with him and he's not scared off like so many have been. We have a lot in common and he's the first guy I've ever been with that knows ATS type topics and can actually discuss them. Lol it's great! We compliment each other in so many ways and our views on relationships and family are the same. He's extremely supportive emotionally and I need that. I'm an emotional Scorpio! I can't help it lol

So you never ever know when love will find you! It could be there already and it's just not your time. My honey says that to me. We both felt something before but we both needed to grow as individuals and now is our time. He is so good with my son as well, which is important. He's a great man and I'm so happy he made his choice!

Not to mention he quoted my favorite scene from "The Notebook" when he showed up. I was like OH NO YOU DIDNT!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Awh

I am so happy for you! I hope everything continues to work out for the best.

Much love
-Alee (NG)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I'm psyched to hear he's come to his senses and isn't letting what the other family members think get in the way of what he feels for you.

Hopefully the other two come around (if they haven't already) and that possessiveness subsides once they see how happy you two are together.

Wishing you the very best!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm psyched to hear he's come to his senses and isn't letting what the other family members think get in the way of what he feels for you.

Hopefully the other two come around (if they haven't already) and that possessiveness subsides once they see how happy you two are together.

Wishing you the very best!!!

Thank you!! I was in such shock! I'm proud of him and his choice and not letting others dictate his happiness, even if it is family. They will come around, in time. We have known each other too long and I'm not going anywhere lol so yea they will have to! Lol they know how we feel about each other. Like I had said before I don't think they realized how deep our feels were and are for each other.

When he showed up I was scared because 13 years ago my first love did something similar only we didn't get back together and he still got married. For a moment I thought it was going to be another situation where my head was messed with! When my ex did it years ago he showed up 8 months after telling me he was engaged at my apt at 2am! He was in tears and apologizing and telling me how he felt yet he didn't want to get back together. Before this I was ok with what happened but when he showed up like that it messed with my head so bad it made it harder to get over him. I thought for a minute this was happening again only this time it was the opposite happy ending!

I look at pictures of us from years ago and I can see it in our body language. I love it and him! I know it's been hard for my ex but this wasn't anything either of us planned when we started seeing each other. Everything though has been worth it for this outcome. He is worth it, we are worth it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Everybody deserves to be happy.

I hope he is you soulmate and you will stay together for eternity.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Glad to see there is still some romance out there. I remember your last post and I was so sorry for you. Glad things turned around, be happy.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's good to see you are happy again.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Everybody deserves to be happy.

I hope he is you soulmate and you will stay together for eternity.

Thank you. I think he is
and yes everyone does deserve happiness.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
Glad to see there is still some romance out there. I remember your last post and I was so sorry for you. Glad things turned around, be happy.

Oh I'm glad there is too! He's very much a romantic, something I've never really had. I love it. He's wonderful!

Yea I was upset last time I posted. I couldn't believe what was going on. It was harder because of the history of friendship with all involved. He wasn't someone I had just met so it was very different. It was crazy! I'm glad he came around and to find out he was just as miserable as I was made me so sad.

We are both very happy. We talk daily and see each other when we can. I'm happy how things are, as is he. I still sit here and think of how he just showed up. I will never forget that feeling when I opened the door and saw him. Even though I had a small doubt due to a previous experience I knew him being here meant he made his choice. He didn't call, text or message me online he came to my apartment! It was a very sweet moment for sure.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I am very happy to read that your man overcame the drama queens and other agendas that may have been at work. I wish you both all the best,

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

I am very happy to read that your man overcame the drama queens and other agendas that may have been at work. I wish you both all the best,

Me too and thank you!

It's been stressful for both of us but we don't care. It's our life, not theirs and they will come around in time. We are very happy! With his work schedule right now we don't see each other as often as we would like but we talk daily and make time when we can. We aren't worried because we say we have a lifetime to spend together.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well things are going well! He even asked for a drawer
he stays for days at a time so we can get use to living together. I love it when he is here and miss him the moment he leaves.

We have some amazing open conversations about life, love and our families. He is such a wonderful sweet man and the way he reassures me is something I've never had in a relationship.

I love how he will dance with me around the living room and sing to me. He makes me blush so much! I've never had that. Even after all these years as friends and now lovers my heart skips when I see him and I get butterflies. He's comfortable to be myself around and he is the ONLY man I've ever dated that could discuss ATS topics with me and actually have a conversation about it. We stay up late so many nights talking and time flies! I love the closeness we have. It's something neither of us has ever had. It' scares us both and he has backed off a couple times but he comes back every time. I understand how he feels and how scary love is. He's never been in love so for him it's definitely new territory but he knows how understanding and patient I am. He knows I'm always here for him by his side no matter what.

The feelings I have for him freak me out. I've loved him secretly for so long that it still seems surreal we are together. It's like ok this never happens to me but it's wonderful. I have my own insecurities and he is so good with making me feel loved and wanted. I'm so happy we are working through everything. He's the only man who fought to be with me and has proved it over and over regardless what others say. To me that's real love.

My love

edit on 9/30/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Amazing how 7 years ago we took this pic. We laugh now about it. No wonder people thought we were a couple at times. We both have no idea why we were holding hands but it was a fun night and he remembers more than I do!

My god I love him and always have. He takes my breathe away!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sounds like somebody found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow-!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Sounds like somebody found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow-!

Yup! It took ten years of denial on my part lol but finally he made a move (which swept me off my feet) and I was instantly in love and finally admitted I had feelings for years. It's been a crazy up year but it's been worth it and made us stronger.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hey mblahnikluver!!

I haven't been around for a while, but just found your thread....and wanted to tell you that I am SO happy for you!!! Yay!!

You two look great together! (and happy)
Congrats hunny!

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Be happy together! Love!

top topics

join