It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge is power?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I came to this question after meet a freemason.

I ask him what do I have to do to be part of the lodge.

First, he made me an interview and then told me alot of things from my family, girlfriend and me, that nobody knows.

Then he ask me why I wanted to be part of the lodge.

He is a 33 degree mason and is one of the principals? there.

After that reunion, he told me that he is waiting for me and gave me his presentation card.

The problem is that my religion do no allow me to be part of that kind of societies, in fact, they condemn the freemasons.

Well, the thing is, do we need the knowledge we get there?

Wasn't Adan and Eve condemned by God for this?

The tree of kowledge of good and evil is something that scares me alot today.

Faust is the guy that came to my mind....

I need your honest opinion

Help me guys.

P. S.

I belive in the NWO theory, so this add more issues to the problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Everything that you need to know is revealed by the word of God. Pray, fast, and meditate on the word. Submit to Gods will. The rewards for doing so will be beyond what can be imagined.

answersingenesis.org...

www.thercg.org...

www.tomorrowsworld.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sntx
Everything that you need to know is revealed by the word of God. Pray, fast, and meditate on the word. Submit to Gods will. The rewards for doing so will be beyond what can be imagined.

answersingenesis.org...

www.thercg.org...

www.tomorrowsworld.org...

Or *gasp* adtually think for yourself instead of listening to words written by men more than a millinium dead, and have been changed over the centuries to suit the ruling party.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Humanity has been given six thousand years to try it's own systems and governments. We have come a long way haven't we? Do you think the governments of men thinking for themselves are on the verge of solving all the worlds problems? I would say no. I would go so far as to say that conditions in the world are continually getting worse. Then again I must not know much because I am an ignorant follower. I'll see you at the white throne.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultradream
The problem is that my religion do no allow me to be part of that kind of societies, in fact, they condemn the freemasons.

You must be catholic. I am also an di have read so many things on how the catholic church views freemasonry, and after reading alot of freemasonry i came to the conclusion its all jsut a big misunderstanding between both organizations that has lead to the catholic church condeming freemasonry. IMO i don't see anything wrong with it and from what i have heard there are many catholics who are masons and many who are not only masons but part of KoC (Knights of Columbus) at the same time, so i am not the only catholic who shares this view
this is all asuming you are catholic since that is the only religion i know of which dosent allow its members to be part of freemasonry at all.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by 99CentsStore]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sorry, but I sort of have to agree with the guy who posted above.

To begin with, I do not believe that God tries to keep people ignorant. Man has an inherent desire, and even a need, for knowledge. It isn't Knowledge that is evil, it is Ignorance.

As for needing the knowledge found in Masonry, that depends upon you. There is nothing secretive about Masonic teachings, and they can be studied in a half million Masonic books. Anyone curious can acquaint him/herself with them. Therefore, it isn't really question of joining Masonry to receive new knowledge; it's more a question of joining an organization which shares the principles and knowledge you already have.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You should do what you want, if you want to go/join than you should if you dont than dont, you cant let religion be your master.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Knowledge by itself is not power, it is a stepping stone. For some it becomes an anchor, for others a path to the stars. It will lead you to understanding and from there to wisdom. Wisdom will lead you to truth and truth will lead you to unconditional love. Its just a part of the path we all must walk, regardless of what we believe.

You do not need to join ANY religion or society to achieve the things you seek, you need merely to listen to your heart and your creator and follow what you find is right for yourself.

There is no end to the ones that will tell you they can show you the way, you must come to understand that the way for you is already planted inside your heart.

I wish you luck and godspeed.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, I'm catholic.

I agree with all the post above. I appreciate the words of sntx and the masonic guys. You see, I have heard alot of negative things about secrets societies, but the people I know who are masons are the opposite.

The thing is, I cannot imagine my life with a different point of view, and that's what scares me. But I know things of other regions, like buddhism, islamism and others, to name a few, and I don't think is heresy

But I find myself in a circle here...yes....no...yes..no.

Thanks to all the responses.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ultradream,
Sometimes you have to go against what you are comfortable with to get what you want or need in life.
Sometimes you have to listen to that little voice in you that shows you a new path.

I, too, was brought up Catholic. I understand how the church teachings can make it difficult for you to think for yourself and make decisions that go against what you have been taught.
It may be scary at first, but if it is what you are meant to do, you will find strength.

Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
To bring the question in your mind to the proverbial "fork in the road", Do you want to know or do you not want to know?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Life is about growth, especially on a mental and spiritual level. Stasis and rigidity of views and perceptions is not only quite limiting but also dangerous as it can lead to closed mindedness and this can poison your mental and spiritual elevation.

Each person decides what is best for ones self based upon ones reality and ones needs. None of us here can say what is best or what isnt best for you nor anyone else, we can only share our opinions in hopes that you can get something from them to assist you in your decisions.

If you feel that you seek something higher than what your faith offers you then by all means pursue that. The creator does not judge man by our standards but rather its. As long as your actions and intentions are righteous, just and pure I would say you have nothing to fear.

I wish you luck on your journey.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just do it. You can always ask for forgiveness everyday of your life you know. Just remember you cant work for the Devil and God at the same time. You may think you can, but your can't

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If you join the Freemasons, you are almost excomunicated from the church. You are forbidden to recieve Holy Communion.

Join the Knights of Columbus if you want to join a fraternal order that won't conflict with The Catholic Church.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Join the Knights of Columbus if you want to join a fraternal order that won't conflict with The Catholic Church.

Or...join Masonry, and become an Episcopalian!

As a Catholic Lite myself, I can tell you from personal experience, it ain't so bad.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Knowledge by itself is not power, it is a stepping stone. For some it becomes an anchor, for others a path to the stars. It will lead you to understanding and from there to wisdom. Wisdom will lead you to truth and truth will lead you to unconditional love. Its just a part of the path we all must walk, regardless of what we believe.

I like that a lot.
And I totally agree that knowledge is nothing without the means to be able to use it wisely.
When I was a young child, an adult friend gave me a book for Christmas. On the inside cover he wrote "Knowledge is the key to the door of Understanding". To me, that pretty much sums up your statement above.
A key is useless without a door to unlock.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you join the Freemasons, you are almost excomunicated from the church. You are forbidden to recieve Holy Communion.

I find this view of the catholic church so stupid, and you know its not going ot change anytime soon. The catholic church has some screwed up view on freemasonry and even if it made a mistake it takes them like 300 years to correct it and say they were wrong its so stupid

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hey, CC, am I correct in remembering that you were once a Mason? If so, why would you suggest someone not try the path that you yourself once chose? And you then chose KofC to better suit YOUR needs?

Obviously, Masonry wasn't for you. But shouldn't a man be able to make this decision himself?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Hey, CC, am I correct in remembering that you were once a Mason? If so, why would you suggest someone not try the path that you yourself once chose? And you then chose KofC to better suit YOUR needs?

Hypocrisy from a Catholic perspective? Now there's a first, so CC you enlisted in the Masons, decided you didn't like that outfit for yourself, then went on and joined the Knights of Columbus? Now you are compelled to denigrate that which you previously embraced. How enlightened.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ultra, you should speak with your pastor about this issue. Certain priests that I knew would not give allow me communion when I was a mason (which was only for a couple months). I asked about this issue, and learned that it is STILL forbidden for Catholics to become Masons. If you want to leave your Catholic faith to embrace masonry, that is your decision. What is more important to you, your faith, or becoming a Freemason?

Freemasonry is not for any Catholic that wants to be in good standing with his church.

Do you want to be denied the sacraments? Do you want the possiblity of being denied a Catholic funeral or burial? Do you want to be ostracized from the Catholic church and it's community? How much do you actually love the faith, that you'd throw it all away to join the Freemasons.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by chief_counsellor]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join