It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot fired by security guard at public meeting after his assault repelled by citizen (must see)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You've got it backwards. The old man backs off after the initial contact as if to deescalate while the hired muscle draws a gun as if to escalate the confrontation to the limits of a fatal encounter. If someone stops attacking you are not by law allowed to then attempt to take their life!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

These "security guards" need to be charged with felony assault, as well as discharging a firearm in city limits. Neither should be carrying a firearm. Notice - how towards the end of the video one of the guards says "we had an accidental discharge" - well there is no such thing. His finger pulled the trigger and it went bang. Negligent discharge by definition.

I hope this citizen gets lawyered up and sues the living daylights out of the city, the security guard company, and the individual that assaulted him. Probably also charge the moron ND'ing his pistol in a room full of people because of an unarmed scuffle.

Edited to add: You can hear the authority complex in the security guard's voice, "youre going to jail for life MFer," etc.

Also - I'm pretty sure he punched the detained, handcuffed man in the face or back of the head after he was completely helpless in cuffs...
edit on 12-7-2015 by SonOfThor because: ETA

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Very discouraging. Local democracy is important- it's all we have (and that's not much). County officials, all too often, treat constituents like dirt. What was the initial issue here? What are the people discussing? City council meetings and such can be a learning experience, when we see who politicians really represent. It takes overwhelming community action to get anything done, unless it's some "tough on crime" law or something that benefits a certain element within the corporate class. Even then they often ignore the community. This is not what democracy looks like.

The security guards and the "public officials" seemed to be escalating the situation. Being dismissive, rude and then security made aggressive physical contact. The gun fire was absurd. He needs to be fired and have his carry lic revoked. Some jail time would be nice but wont happen. The persons initial reaction with punching is right or wrong depending on the law. I don't think they asked him to leave or anything, the guard just came up and started grabbing. Escalating. I don't support that sort of escalation.

Wherever you fall on the political spectrum I think we can agree that government (especially local) needs to represent the people, in this case and all too many others people have no real voice and any protest is met with force, as this situation shows. If it's 10,000 people they show up with billy clubs and beat the crap out of people- reporters/journalists, women, men....kids. People are placed in "protest/free speech zones" and then kettlled into vans and taken to jail if they leave the "free speech zone". What an Orwellian term, "free speech zone".

I don't know what to say. I'm getting to the point where I just cant really stay involved with politics. Too much other stuff going on in my life. Here where I live people have been protesting some new security system. Many have been assaulted/arrested at city hall. Thousands have shown up angry about a new facial recognition program that watches behavior and alerts officers if "strange facial expressions or body language" manifests. "Domain Awareness Center" they call it:

localwiki.org...

I'm going to move into a rural area soon. Been reading a lot of Helen and Scott Nearing, "living the good life":

www.motherearthnews.com...

As the article above states, "the best revenge is to live well". Like Henry David Thoreau said, live deliberately, by your own hand. I'm not sure if that's even legal anymore? Personally I need a break, a state of benign apathy. Maybe wake up in the morning and listen to the birds. Till the soil, grow some nice vegetables. Raise some chickens. Eat well. Live well. Life is finite, spending it in a state of perpetual outrage or political dissolution is no way to live. The best revenge is to live well.

(edit for typos)
edit on 12-7-2015 by JeanPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Okay, watching the video again I still stand by what I said. When Norris first grabs the camera, Skidmore stands, assumes a defensive stance, gives Norris a verbal cue to stop the battery he is committing, which he doesn't and Skidmore -justifiably - defends himself. Skidmore's initial strikes looks harsh, but it really didn't have too much effect in neutralizing the threat - Norris is caught off guard, but escalates the situation himself by reaching for his gun.

It's right there on the video. I don't know what else needs to be said.

edit on 12-7-2015 by OrdoAdChao because: clarity

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Those lovely quotes near the end should be used in court to show attempted murder!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Assault and battery to the Clerk.
My question is why the older officer didn't fire more shots into
the assailant?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Um no, the guy backs up and then charges the guard again.

At 2:15, the lanyard is grabbed.
@ 2:18 the first punch is thrown.
@ 2:20 he backs off, charges right back in 1 second later. Hard to see if that is when the gun is drawn, as the guard is blocked from view.
@ 2:23 the shot is fired.

Pretty sure most ccw's/cops would pull their weapon when being attacked like the guard was, pretty sure that is the point to carrying it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The double standard our government employs to the use of
camaras is 100% indicative of criminal tyranny. If we can't
use them niether can they. End of story. Traffic signal cams
supply no witness to anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I love this guy! I want this guy in my corner, way to go! Standing up for his rights, nearly got him killed. Maybe he'll start packing himself. I wonder if the town was stalling him to gain property rights, and figured this was an appropriate time to snuff him. God I love a good conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Assault and battery to the Clerk.
My question is why the older officer didn't fire more shots into
the assailant?

If you're serious try getting an enema. I get backed up sometimes. Constipation fills our bowls like a pressure cooker, full of crap. A high fiber diet, exercise and sunlight may do you well but I'm not a doctor. Breath, relax and...push. Like giving birth. Lamaze class may help you pass all that crap out. Because, right now, it seems to be flowing all over your keyboard. It belongs in the toilet, not on the internet.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It's quite clearly visible from the video posted here, but if you take the time to go to PINAC and look at the other videos its irrefutable. Please don't go into denial to try and prove a point. It's blaten!

ETA: 2:20 you see the security guys hand go down to his side then the view is blocked from that angle. I will try and grab the video from PINAC so you can see the other angle.
edit on 12-7-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

All over getting grabbed? 

Honest question for you:

What would you expect to happen to you if you walked into a public government meeting, went straight up to a cop, without saying a word and threw a cord around his neck and pulled on it?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well that is changing the situation, since you are throwing something on him.
But to change it and ask what would happen if I did what this guard did to cop, I would expect the same response.

And I would think said response from the cop was wrong, as well as the rest of you I am sure.
If the roles were reversed, and it was the guard that beat the man and the man pulled the gun I wonder what the responses would be...

I am not saying the guard had the right to do what he did, what I am saying is that the guy overreacted to what was going on.

And Ricky, the point is that since the guard went for the gun that means the guy was justified to go and rush him?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Uhm, no I don't think any level headed person would draw a gun in a fist fight. If that were the intentions of every CCW carrier there would be a lot more shootings.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

And Ricky, the point is that since the guard went for the gun that means the guy was justified to go and rush him?

Absolutely because at that point the encounter became life threatening...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sremmos does have a point.

It looks like this guy was disruptive, with a history of being disruptive. It looks like he came into the meeting with demands and an agenda and the people there looked like they just wanted to get on with their day.

He was blathering on about everybody being secretive and then he gets up and strides over and pushes in next to the lady and the chair person objects and he still is being disruptive and the security guy comes in and walks over and just touches him and he starts wailing away.

Certainly it could have been handled better by the security and it really was not the time for gunplay, but the old guy seemed several cards short of a full deck.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

That is good to hear, I just see it paraded on here all the time that it would justified in that case.

Maybe it is just the people on this board, but pretty much the prevailing message is "If you attack me while I have my gun I can use it."

Shoot how many cops shootings have people said were justified when the perp wasn't armed and the only reports of assault were with their fists?

My stance on this is that BOTH sides were wrong, they both escalated the situation beyond what it needed to be.

My main focus has been on the citizen as he is the one getting championed this whole time when he has plenty of fault in this as well.
This is not standing up to tyranny, the pen is mightier then the sword.
His actions not take away from the guards when if he just let things play out, that guard probably would have been fired.
Instead he catches a felony.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well that is changing the situation, since you are throwing something on him. 

I put it that way because most cops do not have a camera hanging around their neck.

The end result is the same though. A man grabs something that is secured around the neck of another man for no good reason or any announced intentions.

If a cop at a government meeting had a camera hanging around his neck and a man stormed in and grabbed the camera and started pulling, the cop would beat him down and arrest him.
No such remedy for the common citizen... is there?

We are just common.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Sremmos does have a point.

Think hell just froze over...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If a cop at a government meeting had a camera hanging around his neck and a man stormed in and grabbed the camera and started pulling, the cop would beat him down and arrest him.

And if that cop acted the way this man did, I would be calling the cop out the same as this guy.

My issue is the ferocity he attacked this guard with.
It was more then just stop touching me, it was I am going to inflict as much pain and damage as I can for said touch.
I don't like when cops act that way, or when citizens act that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join