It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhode Island Beach Evacuated After Possible Explosion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Rezlooper

I never denied that. Methane has been leaking up from the surface of the earth for a very very very long time tens of thousands of years at least .

Now you're speculating. Did they teach that in his lectures? Methane has not been seeping up like it is now in so many different geographical areas. In just recent days you have this explosion and the bubbling in the golf course pond in Canada. These events are very rare.

Check out these boat fires and explosions from just today's report on the Jumping Jack Flash website

2015-07-12 - Boat explodes and burns on Kentucky Lake at Moors Resort in Gilbertsville (Kentucky), 6 injured:
www.lex18.com...
www.wpsdlocal6.com...
twitter.com...
www.myfoxal.com...
www.wave3.com...
www.wpsdlocal6.com...
www.marshallcountydaily.com...

Quote: "Six people are being treated for burns after a boat caught fire Sunday at Moors Resort in Marshall County. According to the Marshall County Rescue Squad, the boat exploded near gas pumps."

2015-07-12 - Boat bursts into flame on Lake McAlester in Pittsburg County (Oklahoma):
www.ktul.com...
www.okcfox.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.newschannel10.com...
www.mcalesternews.com...
www.tulsaworld.com... tml

Quote: "The adults and children evacuated the boat unharmed. Patrolmen attempted to tow the boat to shore, but it broke apart and sank because of the massive fire damage. Authorities say they don't know what caused the motor to catch fire."

2015-07-12 - Boat bursts into flame at 6:45 AM at Branchport Park in Long Branch (New Jersey), 1 injured:
www.app.com...
www.wopular.com...

2015-07-12 - Boat explodes and burns on the St. Johns River in Astor (Florida), 1 injured:
www.wftv.com...

Note: Boats have really been burning and/or exploding pretty hard lately. These are the 624th, 625th, 626th and 627th boats or ships to burn/explode in 2015...

Note how he keeps track of the total number of boat fires just this year alone...627 boats. And he's been tracking these since 2011 so he knows there has been a drastic increase in these fires.

Astonishing is the fact that there have been 437 bus fires so far this year that he has tracked on his site. A huge majority of these are school buses. Years ago I don't even recall a single school bus ever simply catching fire for no apparent reason at all. Google it and you'll find countless stories about school bus fires.

These are plumes of hydrogen sulfide gas (which is heavier-than-air) and will float and bounce along the surface of the earth and then react and explode when coming in contact with an ignition source such as copper, a chemical reaction happens.

I could spend several days in front of this computer providing you links to all the stories from the past few years that are out of the norm and most likely related to this theory. Not all events are from these gases, but most are, and soon enough those powers that be will begin to admit the real causes of these events and at the same time, they will admit they may be powerless to do anything about it.

Look I've given some credence to your theory. You seem very immature and bullheaded not to give any consideration to anyone else's theories.

Up until the 1790s there was an open methane leak along the banks of the Ohio River that the settlers would light regularly and it would shoot flames 20 feet in the air. The largest producer of methane into the environment in this day and age is grasslands and peat bogs. Out in the gulf stream I have seen methane hydrate releases while offshore fishing .

I have also seen numerous countless titles stating mysterious boat explosion. Almost inevitably everyone turned that inexperienced boaters did not vent there bilges of gas fumes before they started the boat .

I could spend several days in front of this computer providing you links to all the stories from the past few years that are out of the norm and most likely related to this theory.

Hey unlike most people around here I will admit when I am wrong. Can you link me to a couple cases where your theory has been proven to have happened? Not source to some blog stating someone's opinion. Actual scientific proof I'm interested in your theory I would like to see if it is actionable .
edit on 14-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In Florida, there's this "old wives tale" among coastal residents that if you bury the seaweed, it'll go boom eventually. I can't tell you how many kids back in the day buried the stuff thinking that meant it'd instantly go kaboom, rotfl.
Anyway, point is, even though I don't know of anyone who has seen or heard buried seaweed explosions, most, if not all, the beach kids knew it was a possibility no matter how remote. Sort of a "well, this COULD happen" thing. It'd be interesting if that turns out to be the case in RI, not because of the science, but because I bet a ton of kids will bury seaweed by the shore load, just to see if they can get a Part Deux.

And good god Rez, I know you desperately want to be taken seriously with your methane theories, but for god's sake, be humble about it. There are more explanations for chemical reactions than JUST yours. Harping about yours alone just makes you look less credible & more obsessed.
edit on 7/14/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
In Florida, there's this "old wives tale" among coastal residents that if you bury the seaweed, it'll go boom eventually. I can't tell you how many kids back in the day buried the stuff thinking that meant it'd instantly go kaboom, rotfl.
Anyway, point is, even though I don't know of anyone who has seen or heard buried seaweed explosions, most, if not all, the beach kids knew it was a possibility no matter how remote. Sort of a "well, this COULD happen" thing. It'd be interesting if that turns out to be the case in RI, not because of the science, but because I bet a ton of kids will bury seaweed by the shore load, just to see if they can get a Part Deux.

And good god Rez, I know you desperately want to be taken seriously with your methane theories, but for god's sake, be humble about it. There are more explanations for chemical reactions than JUST yours. Harping about yours alone just makes you look less credible & more obsessed.

From the looks of the pics in the link I posted earlier, I am guessing this is exactly what it was. It basically knocked the lady over and was VERY localized to a small spot. The other beachgoers didn't even seem to really care that much and were still just lounging around.

I would bet this happens a lot more than we hear about because it likely happens when people are not around.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

There are many natural sources of methane such as peat bogs and cleary you understand that that isn't what I'm talking about I hope. I'm talking about the natural gas that we are fracking for that is fossilized fuel safely tucked away deep within the earth as an ancient gas millions of years old. That gas has not just been leaking as usual. It is a new phenomenon that started up right around the same time fracking exploded onto the scene. I'm not saying that it is the fracking, but for some reason, ancient gas is seeping up and that is most likely the cause of this most recent explosion. And either way, ancient gas seeping up does not bode well for us because all this methane acts like a very efficient blanket over the planet trapping the sun's heat like nothing we've seen before (not in at least the last 10,000 years).

And about the increase in boat explosions you say is the result of amateurs. I guess, unless you say there isn't an increase in explosions, that it must be because there are more boaters now. That seems to be the skeptics excuse for everything here at ATS...there are more cameras, there are more ways to communicate, there are more satellites, there are more...well, you get my point. Not that you are a skeptic or anything, I'm just asking if that's what you believe, there are more inexperienced boaters now so there are more explosions?

And you're right, I may be wrong (and I hope I am) but like I said before, I've been researching this for three years now and I'm sorry if I sound bullheaded on the issue, I'm just thoroughly convinced that I'm right.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And you're right, I may be wrong (and I hope I am) but like I said before, I've been researching this for three years now and I'm sorry if I sound bullheaded on the issue, I'm just thoroughly convinced that I'm right.

No problem I've done it myself . I had to have someone pointed out to me before I would consider other theories, but like you I still mainly stuck with mine . Lol

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Judging from the pics of the scene, it must not have been that worrisome or large of an explosion.

Source

Seems everyone is still just sitting around enjoying the sun. I would think if this was some huge explosion, people would not want to stick around. They appear to still be lounging and enjoying the beach as if nothing happened.

That's why there has been so many reports of just loud booms and nothing else, no signs of big explosions or there'd be witnesses to carnage. No, just loud boom reports and that's what this case would have been, another loud boom was reported, except in this case, the loud boom happened to ignite right underneath a person and knock her into the air. That's what so many of these loud booms have been, smaller explosions but enough to cause an unexplained loud boom. Some have been much larger, with booms heard for many miles around, but never any sign of damage from an explosion. Crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I could give a crap about being taken seriously. It's whether you choose to believe or not, that's up to you. I'm just laying out everything I've learned about this and then it's up to you. I'm not going to save the world and that's not my intention here. I've been a newspaper editor for 17 years so I guess it's in my blood to investigate and report and that's what I've done on ATS for the past three years...whether you listen, or anyone else listens, that's not my problem. Someday though, when it counts, you'll be more informed than your neighbors thanks to these pages on ATS!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You were right!!!!bigstory.ap.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
I heard tonight on the local News they think the cause was a hydrogen build up and possibly from the old decaying cable that use to power a long defunct light on the Jetty.

Maybe they are giving up, sounds odd.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Thanks. Yes, I just saw this on the news also.

I never heard of anything like this happening before.

scientists at the University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography had pinpointed it to hydrogen released by the corrosion of an abandoned copper cable that previously was used by the U.S. Coast Guard.
It takes a very small amount of energy to ignite hydrogen, and even static electricity from hair can do it,

Link

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190

You were right!!!!bigstory.ap.org...

Thanks Concerned. Copper is an ignition source for H2S by chemical reaction. Check it out here. Read all about it here at Jumping Jack Flash he's been writing about it for years and I have no doubt that he's spot on with everything happening and this event just proves it because this is something extremely rare, well, rare say, 10 years ago, but no so much anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This looks like the best place to put the latest on the cables, and other areas that may be of concern with these disconnected cables around the US:

APNewsBreak: Cable in Beach Blast Has Counterparts Around US

The cable that caused an explosion at a crowded Rhode Island beach last summer, injuring a woman, may have counterparts lying under beaches, harbors and waterways at dozens of sites nationwide.

There are 48 sites in 12 states where U.S. Coast Guard lights — in lighthouses, buoys or other beacons — were converted to solar power but inactive sub-cables that formerly powered them are still in the service's database, according to a list the Coast Guard provided to The Associated Press in response to a records request.

The cables' presence in the database indicates they are probably still there, though there's no way of knowing for sure without digging. The Coast Guard couldn't immediately say specifically where the cables are or whether they run beneath or near a beach.

The July 11 explosion at Salty Brine Beach in Narragansett, Rhode Island, was probably caused by hydrogen that built up around corroded copper in a Coast Guard cable, scientists said. The blast hurled Kathleen Danise, of Waterbury, Connecticut, from her beach chair and threw her against a rock jetty 10 feet away, fracturing two ribs. Scientists were initially stumped.

Michigan has the most potential sites, with 21, according to the list. Wisconsin has eight, Illinois five, Indiana and Ohio three each, and Minnesota two. Rhode Island, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia and New York have one each.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join