It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhode Island Beach Evacuated After Possible Explosion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So far they have not found debris. I think fireworks would leave visible signs?

That island seems to have had trouble recently. They had some suspicious vessel fires at separate docks yesterday.

'Suspicious' fires at Galilee State Pier sink fishing boat, damage others

Coast Guard investigating ‘suspicious’ boat fires in Galilee

The Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating, as well as DEM. All agencies are looking into whether the fires were accidental or set intentionally.

Three boats destroyed after overnight fires in Narragansett

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Spice blow?
Water got to a pre-spice mass?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'd like to say something about this, because I believe that America has a very, very soft, easily to access underbelly.

However, I don't want to be appear to be telling terrorists how to attack America.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Sincerely doubt you have anything that hasn't already been thought up.

No offense.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Spice blow?
Water got to a pre-spice mass?

old spice blow?

Seriously Phage it could be

edit on 11-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Shamrock6

According to the article you posted.

The official stated that there was nothing to indicate that this was "Man Made" .
What the heck? Then what blew up? So beaches have natural gas pockets that ignite at random?

Hmmmm...

Ahh, yes. I've been writing about these things a coming our way for the past two years. This is only the beginning. Actually it's been going on, but this one was finally in plain sight and somebody got hurt from it. More to come...stay tuned! Here's a link to a great site that has been trying to get people's attention to this for the past three years

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

These gas plumes have been causing a massive increase in mysterious explosions, especially to boats along the coasts, but also houses, RV's, factories and school buses. Read all about it at the site linked above which provides a daily tracking list of all these explosions and he occasionally puts up a number for total explosions of boats, school buses, etc. and the numbers are astonishing. These types of mysterious explosions that happened on this beach only validate what we've been saying for the past three years now.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

An IED?

Grenade?

Mine?

Possible..

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is so mysterious. (And obviously I started this thread in the incorrect forum.)

Officials still do not know, or are not saying what caused the explosion. I am beginning to think those above who think it might have been a natural disturbance might be correct.

This was a strange remark from an official:

At that point, he said, there was still no clear explanation of what he described as "an energy transfer'' that could have been a result of natural or man-made causes, that had disrupted the sandy beach in the same way a lightning strike might have done.

www.providencejournal.com... =3

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Check this out......

NARRAGANSETT, R.I. (WPRI) — Firefighters are investigating after three boats caught fire early Friday morning.
Crews responded to the Port of Galilee around 1 a.m. for reports of two boats on fire.
Eyewitness News has learned that a third boat also was on fire, according to environmental police.

This is not far from the beach where the explosion or whatever it was happened.

wpri.com...
edit on 7/12/2015 by concerned190 because: Forgot source

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Oh no. It'll attract the worms. Obviously it was swamp gas. but don't say "but there is no swamp, it's a beach" as the vast majority of people have believed this explaination when other aerial phenomena are reported even though they haven't been near any swamp either.
Probably, on a beach, it was a shell. Not a conch but a 5 inch unexploded naval shell.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

As rezlooper said. It's becoming more common. I hope the department of environmental management took sand/soil samples to study.

And the boats being in such close proximity? So far only the smell of chemicals and maybe sulfur were reported by witnesses. But fireworks would leave behind paper bits. Came back to this thread to see if there was a resolve yet. Most curious.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The simple fact that witnesses reported sulfur smell, which means hydrogen sulfide, this means chances are that this was an explosion of a roaming plume of hydrogen sulfide gas that came in off the coast. Same with the boats that caught fire. Elsewhere along the East Coast, all kinds of crazy things been happening, like sharks coming in to feast on unsuspecting swimmers in numbers never seen before, loud supersonic booms, fish and dolphin die offs, and literally hundreds of mysterious fires and explosions along the coast. You can verify these events on the Jumping Jack Flash website. And remember that within the past couple of years over 500 large methane vents were discovered leaking massive amounts of the gas at the bottom of the sea floor off the coast along the Carolinas and Virginia, and scientists at the time said they feared there could be thousands of these vents, which since then, I bet they know there are thousands of these vents and just haven't said so. The Gulf Stream itself has slowed up along the East Coast causing a lot of problems for Europe, via the extreme weather they have been witnessing and that may be having a reverse effect down by Florida...meaning I wonder if that could be why the US Coast has seen so few hurricanes in the past 7 years while most other parts of the world are experiencing much more drastic and extreme weather, like the typhoons in the Pacific, just in the past three years, two of the strongest recorded wind storms on record have occurred, and not to mention Superstorm Sandy in 2012. Oh well,, sorry for the ramble, but I'm just trying to show how all these things on the East Coast are connected to my theories about dangerous gases, methane and hydrogen sulfide, and how these events have increased a very lot since I originally proposed the theory in December of 2012.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here's some info on this Rhode Island explosion from the site I linked above

Quote: "He said there were also some reports that people on the beach smelled some sort of chemical smell, perhaps sulphur or butane."

Quote: "Another beachgoer, Stacey Beal, described a gas odor at the scene."

Quote: "Witnesses described hearing a loud boom noise and seeing the woman get launched from her beach chair into the air. Others reported smelling chemicals, like sulfur, but oddly, there was no smoke or other indications of an explosion."

Note: And the day prior, three fishing boats went up in flames in the wee hours in Narragansett too, mentioned in the 2015-07-10 update. Off the East Coast, a methane clathrate deposit containing 5 trillion pounds of methane is dissociating (melting). Some of that gas will migrate up through the ground and cause explosions and fires. People smelled something too, and that was probably hydrogen sulfide, the sulfur smell or 'gas odor'. The two gases go together because the ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that produce hydrogen sulfide eat, among other things, methane. This event is similar to the explosively-formed gas-explosion craters seen in the last year or so on the Yamal Peninsula in Siberia (Russia). This is one of those 'marker events' that we'll be able to look back on later as more coastal areas explode around the world...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Bigburgh

The simple fact that witnesses reported sulfur smell, which means hydrogen sulfide, this means chances are that this was an explosion of a roaming plume of hydrogen sulfide gas that came in off the coast. Same with the boats that caught fire. Elsewhere along the East Coast, all kinds of crazy things been happening, like sharks coming in to feast on unsuspecting swimmers in numbers never seen before, loud supersonic booms, fish and dolphin die offs, and literally hundreds of mysterious fires and explosions along the coast. You can verify these events on the Jumping Jack Flash website. And remember that within the past couple of years over 500 large methane vents were discovered leaking massive amounts of the gas at the bottom of the sea floor off the coast along the Carolinas and Virginia, and scientists at the time said they feared there could be thousands of these vents, which since then, I bet they know there are thousands of these vents and just haven't said so. The Gulf Stream itself has slowed up along the East Coast causing a lot of problems for Europe, via the extreme weather they have been witnessing and that may be having a reverse effect down by Florida...meaning I wonder if that could be why the US Coast has seen so few hurricanes in the past 7 years while most other parts of the world are experiencing much more drastic and extreme weather, like the typhoons in the Pacific, just in the past three years, two of the strongest recorded wind storms on record have occurred, and not to mention Superstorm Sandy in 2012. Oh well,, sorry for the ramble, but I'm just trying to show how all these things on the East Coast are connected to my theories about dangerous gases, methane and hydrogen sulfide, and how these events have increased a very lot since I originally proposed the theory in December of 2012.

That and sulfur is a component of Blackpowder.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If it hasn't been mentioned yet I would like to bring up dark lightning .

But scientists recently discovered something mind-bending about lightning: Sometimes its flashes are invisible, just sudden pulses of unexpectedly powerful radiation. It’s what Joseph Dwyer, a lightning researcher at the Florida Institute of Technology, has termed dark lightning.

dark lightning

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

So, you believe that this is old munitions, a land mine left over, or something like that and this is on a popular public beach and yet, finally this lady happened to be unlucky enough to step on it? Wouldn't you think that someone would have stepped on it by now with all the foot traffic on a public beach. I've shown so much evidence of what is happening but if people still choose to ignore it, so be it, but I rest my case. What's happening and what will be in the next few years to come...is inevitable and will become impossible to deny. And then, we'll all be standing there asking ourselves where the hell we went so wrong and what we could have done to avoid it...but it will be too late. Time and time again everything I've been saying is coming true and all the events I've included in the theory continue to increase in frequency and intensity and this includes quakes, volcanoes, die offs, disease, loud booms, fires and explosions, extreme weather, sinkholes and land subsidence events. My only hope and prayer now is that someone in the know, those powers that be, are already at work looking for a way to stop the dissociating methane hydrates or the next best...looking for a way to save humanity. But, those same powers that be are consumed by greed and that greed has blinded them to the obvious because admitting they've been wrong all along will cripple their corporate bottom line and God forbid that happens!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

So, you believe that this is old munitions, a land mine left over, or something like that and this is on a popular public beach and yet, finally this lady happened to be unlucky enough to step on it?

Seeing as how there have been storms off shore this summer. And the fact that they tested ordinance off the East Coast all during ww2 and after . Yeah I would lean towards that whole Occam's razor approach to this mystery .

But so far they haven't found any evidence so I gave a different theory dark lightning .

I have more confidence in the latter but I will include the former in my speculation .

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

WPRI correspondent Madeline Wright says officials are looking into a buildup of gas or a shift in the jetty as a possible cause for the blast. Officials said there was clear evidence of a "ground disturbance" at the site.

"There was some type of noise and some type of energy transfer," Chief Kurt Blanchard, of the Rhode Island Dept. of Environmental Management, told WPRI.
nvestigators dug up a power cable Monday under the sand near the site of the blast, but National Grid, the power company, said there was no indication it was related to the incident. National Grid said it is unclear whose cable it is and whether it was live.

www.cbsnews.com... ained-r-i-beach-explosion/
edit on 7/13/15 by BlueAjah because: adding to quote

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

University of Rhode Island oceanography professor John King said the blast could have been caused by a buildup of methane underground. King said it's possible decaying seaweed generated the gas.

Dogs and chemical swipes were used to determine no explosives were involved.

abcnews.go.com... cut-woman-fractures-ribs-rhode-island-beach-blast-32410015

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
TO be clear, she was just sitting in her beach chair at the time....not walking. The local news here reported that the authorities on the scene dug up the beach and found what appears to be a large electrical cable (they showed some of the footage of them digging and a shot of the cable all frayed). They are unsure if it is live, but it was in the area where the blast occurred. If this is a live cable, then an electrical short in a high voltage cable could produce such an explosion with no smoke or debris seen.

It is a plausible explanation.

However, the next question would be why that cable is buried under a public beach?!?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join