It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any xbox live gamers still cranking a 360?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hey peoples, couldn't help but notice this category of forums seems a bit scarce.

Was just curious how many of you are avid gamers and still enjoy playing your old games on xbox 360?

I got a month of saving left to do before a upgrade to an xbox one.
Soooo, I'm currently enjoying 'Gears of war 3'
(Mainly horde mode.) as well as 'Gta Online' and a bit of 'Halo Reach. Here and there.

Ps: please, nothing to do with COD.
Pps: I look forward to your answers.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosruptureS420

I have my R2D2 360 nestled in next to the One. I still play it for Rock band and Left 4 Dead. Games for Gold has been pretty weak for the One but 360 has had some okay releases.

But I think once Battlefront comes out this year and Scalebound hopefully Q1 of 2016, the 360 will start to collect dust.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

That's fancy as, didn't even know there was a R2D2 xbox. Does it have special sound effects?

Good choice in games, the rock band drumset was better than guitar hero.
Ahhh, 'left 4 dead'. Having fun with them witches?

Scalebound looks pretty unique. But omg, battlefield is awesome. So much potential for it with current gen.

/lol sorry, I mean battlefront. Was tired before and didn't proof read, derpa derpa.
I've never been a huge fan of the movies. But the games are pretty good. Keen to try it out when it drops in November. But Dammm, why must it be so close to fallout 4's release, haha. Won't be able to decide what to play.

edit on 11-7-2015 by ChaosruptureS420 because: Correcting wrong word and to finish off reply.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hit up my 360 for the first 6 months the xb1 came out.
I got my xb1 on launch day, but aside from battlefield 4 (which was almost unplayable) there were no decent games for the system.
So i would go back and forth hitting up battlefield 3 on the 360
And when new updates came out i would attempt to play BF4.
Now though, i havent turned on the 360 in a long time.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Not bad, how was the xbox one when you first got it? A few people I know said it was a total pain to setup and install/update their purchased games.

I know what you mean though, even now it seems some new games are missing something special that last gen titles had. Or maybe that's just me lol.

Swapping between battlefields sounds fun. Surprisingly from what I saw, battlefield 4 worked alright on ps4.
Also, I can't help but notice a lot of these new games getting released can be rather buggy and have a lot of problems. Seems to me that their not being patient with development and failing to test them enough.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When i first got the xb1 it was like alright, i got it before alot of people, i got something great.... Crap, all the games suck. The game i bought the system for doesnt work. I was bent outta shape about the system for the first 6 months because of lack of titles.

But ya, it seems like to be the norm with EA games. To release half finished games and then send out updates for thr next 3 -6 months. Heck battlefield 4 is almost 2 years old and they are still sending out fixs to bug crashes

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I still play my 360 sometimes, but mainly for skyrim. I'm waiting for the backwards compatibility to go live so I can play all of my 360 games on my xb1.

I have a huge stack of games I have not even played yet for both systems.

I wonder how many other people are game hoarders? lol

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yeah, that sucks.
Xbox one really didn't get off to a good start. At least they made up for it a bit with the announcement of backwards compatability.

I like a bunch of EA games, and I must agree. They should really get some of their games working properly before release.

So, are you strictly a battlefield fan?

Or do you enjoy console exclusives aswell. Such as halo and/or gears of war?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i love my 360. i do not have ANY plan to buy an xbox one, because i know you have to connect it to the internet to do the initial setup, and the only internet i have is on my phone because where we live there are no providers other than crappy satellite. i've been playing nba 2k15, and ufc undisputed. i am also really into my old gamecube lately, and i'm playing zelda ocarina of time for about the 30th time.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Ayyy, got an elder scrolls fan up In here haha.
C'mon, how many hours you done?

I'm keen as for BC to launch. Means I won't have to get rid of my current games after all. Looking forward to playing through all the 'Assassins Creed' games and such when I upgrade.
All on the one console, ahhh. The convenience.

Oh how I envy your game collection. I use to horde games until I lost my job, aha.
Slowly building it back up again though.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blondegiraffe

I feel your pain blondegiraffe.
Making the internet mandatory with these new consoles is completely ridiculous. Can't even earn achievements or trophy's without being online.
And when you do get online, Bam! Updates everywhere.

I've never been too into sport games, however the ones I do enjoy most are UFC and golf, lol.
Never tried NBA though. Is it a similar layout to FIFA?

Nice!
Zelda's always good, you must have that game down pat by now haha. Reminds me of when I had Gta4 ages ago and for some reason I played through it like 15 times.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

never played fifa but i do like the golf games. nba is fun you make your own guy and then you do different trainings, go to summer camp and then play in a rookies game and based on your performance in that, you get drafted to whatever team wants you. or if you're not good at all you end up in the D league. you can also just make your own team and draft whatever players you want and then just act as the coach and GM, not actually play in the games. yeah, i know zelda backwards and forwards lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yep sound effects when you turn the Xbox on and off as well as when you open the disc tray. The disc tray also has a hidden message in it that reads "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Obviously by the choice of Xbox I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. As a kid I wanted to grow up to either be a Jedi or a superhero. Hehe.

I'm actually super excited by the upcoming release of Rockband 4. My brother and I get together almost weekly with our shared group of friends to play RB together. I feel like we help contribute to the resurrection of the game through our numerous DLC purchases.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I've sunk at least well....
probably a year of my life (straight, not talking just playing it for one year, I am talking combined actual time)
into that soul sucker.
Well maybe not, but damn close...lol

And you know what, I have never completed the game...I just keep starting new characters after they get high up in levels and something glitches and I start over.

Yeah, I hate to think of how many times I have had to start over with game collections.
I once lost over 80 ps2 games due to a fire. They melted into the living room entertainment center while I was away on a family emergency.

Ended up starting from scratch after that.

I've been lucky with work though, and now have a good game selection again,
although sometimes I think I have to many. But then I guess I will never get bored....lol

Games are so cheap now for the xb360 that it is not all that hard to get a good selection of what you like to play and the games are still decent on the system, kind of like the ps2, the graphics are actually still good after playing xb1 and then going back.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I keep going back to Max Payne 3 when I have the time to play. We had an X-box one but had to give it up to pay for an unexpected vet bill for a stray cat we found....damn that cat. The wife has a PS4 but I stick with my trusty 360.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I got 1000 hours in skyrim total so far. Im still on a 360,but when teh Backwards compat gets rolling ill trade it in. Point of note. REQUESTING your game to be added to the backwards list is a smart thing to do. otherwise it will not be included. teh greatest hits will be a given prolly though.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I play a bit of GTA5 on my Xbox360. Age is starting to catch up with my console. The possibility of having to replace the hard drive has seen me looking towards the Xmas sales for a PS4. The Xbox One sufferers from being a Microsoft product.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blondegiraffe

Yeah buddy, golf games are surprisingly good, lol.

But wow, didn't know NBA would be such an in depth game. Is it possible to make a whole team 7-8 ft tall and funky lookin'.
Kinda like that monster jam movie. I could totally see myself making a team of giants if that's possible, haha.

That's cray cray. I envy your accomplishment.
The only Zelda's game I finished more than once was 'phantom hourglass' On the Nintendo ds, and that was a total pain. Couldn't stand the central dungeon that you kept having to go back to.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Mayhaps this will entice you to get an Xbox One over the PS4.

Once this is released... I may never be seen in real life again.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Sweeeet, that's most definitely unique.
Can't believe I've never seen one before.
I'm curious whether it was released some time ago and I turned a blind eye, or whether it was mainly just sold in America.

Ahh, gotta' love being a kid.
Plenty of imagination and oblivious to how depressing/dull the real world is.
No special power's, lol.

Good to hear that you have the means to play that game as, y'know a band. Would most definitely be a good experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join