It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Hovind is a free man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Adorkable2001

After I recognized him, he started talking in hushed tones like he didn't want anyone knowing who he was.

That is how con artists operate.

as opposed to people who wont link their quotes.

You are blind to your own reflection

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
believe it or not i know the man, and have had many conversations with him. his park Dinosaur Adventure Land was just about a mile from my shop. he use to bring in motors, tools and equipment to be repaired.

he's not as bad as some make him out to be, he can be sort of a smart alec. but some of the stuff he talks about mirrors what some scientist say.

i remember one day talking with him about why some dinosaurs got so big. and he said the same thing scientist say, high oxygen,CO2 and temperature were higher during the jurassic period. i also seem to remember him saying that when the continents broke up that's when the flood happened, because sea levels changed because of water released from below the earth and increase in rainfall during the what was the start of the jurassic period.

i can't remember all we talked about, it's been almost six years since i closed my shop and that was before all his IRS trouble started.

like i said other than his being able to be a smart alec from time to time he was a likeable man back then.
edit on 11-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

What quote? All I did was google the definition. See we called it... you will ignore anything we say so you are a big waste of time.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why wouldn't he be a free man? It isn't illegal to publicly lie and distort the truth.

Be the bigger man than you claim, watch his videos and then rebut them.

You could even prove him wrong and I would have to join your ranks of the scientific religious

Talk is loud but empty, evidence is something you cant argue. KS you are a ringing bell with nothing but noise, sorry, baseless nothing.

I call mine a faith, you say science is your foundation but I havnt seen you offer anything but assumption....ever.

he tried to skirt the currency reporting laws, plain and simple...he had a jury trial, and he was only convicted on one charge...might want to dial this back a little....he wasn't doing god's work by not following those laws, and god did not get him out of jail, the prosecution wasn't able to make a good enough case to the jury on the other charges.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

he tried to skirt the currency reporting laws, plain and simple...he had a jury trial, and he was only convicted on one charge...might want to dial this back a little....he wasn't doing god's work by not following those laws, and god did not get him out of jail, the prosecution wasn't able to make a good enough case to the jury on the other charges.

plane and simple. 10 years, murder gets less, drug peddling, you know crimes that are somewhat nastier, seems wrong to me

Anyway my point was his teachings not his crime, argue those.

I didnt say he wasnt guilty or God got him out,
I think you just misunderstood or came here to pick a fight

Either way, .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Kent Hovind wasn't put in jail for what he said, he was put in jail for what he did. He broke the law by evading taxes. This is a perfect example of a "persecution complex". Let's ignore what the guy actually did wrong and instead focus on what the bible says about persecution. If you evade taxes, you're arrested, no matter what you preach.

When did the govt. start that program?

Nearly 1600 IRS employes (Not Sharpton or Jackson or government or politicians or buddies in the buddy system) just in the IRS sector alone has done as bad and even worse.

"Workers improperly claimed dependents, repeatedly failed to file timely tax returns, and claimed a tax credit for first-time home buyers when the IRS worker didn't buy a house. : "Workers improperly claimed dependents, repeatedly failed to file timely tax returns, and claimed a tax credit for first-time home buyers when the IRS worker didn't buy a house. Most of the IRS employees were not fired. Some received promotions, raises, and even bonuses." - See more at: newsbusters.org.... Some received promotions, raises, and even bonuses." - See more at: newsbusters.org...--
Source - newsbusters.org...

Little bit hypocritical there don't you think?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It seems as though you are confusing the word evidence with the word proof. Evidence is not proof and proof is not evidence. There is more evidence in support of evolution than there is evidence in support of the creation account in Genesis, but there is no proof per se of either. Evolution has the entire fossil record containing thousands if not millions of different fossils and species, the creation account in Genesis has... well, itself. That's it.

Without evidence you have no proof. Proof is the direct result of evidence. If you have proof then you have already had evidence. Therefore proof is indeed evidence submitted to establish proof and with out evidence you can have no proof. You also need to re evaluate your saying that proof is not evidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Does theory of evolution include gods?

Yes - Have heard it said that way.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What?a reply to: amazing

But what is the big lie of evolution? You can't just tell me that Genesis trumps evolutionary science. Convince me, tell me. What?

You dare me ? I double dare you. Childish? Somewhat. You have the same access to the same books that most all have. You chose your path and others will choose their path. Only you can convince yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Adorkable2001

[quote

That is how con artists operate.

I suppose I should offer a little more insight in to our interaction. At the time I was a student at Pensacola Christian College and Dr. Horton (the founder) told us as students we were not allowed to associate with Hovind. That is because he was preaching in his ministry that it was a christians obligation to not pay taxes because they were being used to fund public education, which taught evolution. Apparently he missed the part about "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" . PCC students have a very strict dress to adhere to, so we were easily identified as students and he thought I was setting him up so I could run back to Dr. Horton and tell him that bad Mr Hovind talked to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Of course it's hypocritical, that doesn't surprise me at all, it still doesn't take away the fact that Kent Hovind was guilty of the charges against him. He should have been arrested, justice was served.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

But what is the big lie of evolution? You can't just tell me that Genesis trumps evolutionary science. Convince me, tell me. What?

You dare me ? I double dare you. Childish? Somewhat. You have the same access to the same books that most all have. You chose your path and others will choose their path. Only you can convince yourself.

I have read and continue to read. I've been looking into Ancient Sumerian Texts recently and how they relate to genesis...I read multiple evolution and science blogs. You have the same books and resources available to you as I do. Why is it that we have a difference in opinion on Evolution? I still think it's a great theory and the best we have...much better than Dinosaurs on the Ark and God Created the Earth in seven days.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Does theory of evolution include gods?

Yes - Have heard it said that way.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

No, proof leaves no room for doubt, evidence does. They are two different things, closely related, but not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I have read and continue to read. I've been looking into Ancient Sumerian Texts recently and how they relate to genesis...I read multiple evolution and science blogs. You have the same books and resources available to you as I do. Why is it that we have a difference in opinion on Evolution? I still think it's a great theory and the best we have...much better than Dinosaurs on the Ark and God Created the Earth in seven days.

Hi Amazing
if you would like to watch a great video about creation and the scientific evidence that supports it then please watch some of Hovinds videos, very easily accessible on youtube.

Hovind has debated many scientists teachers and panels and he has run rings around them, in most cases making them look foolish, ignorant and petulant.
Its very funny to see how much anger he can stir up just by challenging a persons belief with hard solid evidence and proof

One of the main reasons Hovind wins these debates is he is learned across many fields and has a great reference system. Hovind has a little knowledge in many areas while most of those who oppose him have much knowledge in few areas

If you want to see the evidence and proof of creationism then watch his series of videos, when evolutionists say creation has no evidence its just ignorance.

Evolution as it stands is based on assumption,no proof or evidence

www.youtube.com...

please watch, its well spoken and entertaining as well

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hovind has a little knowledge in many areas while most of those who oppose him have much knowledge in few areas

I agree, Hovind has little knowledge in the area of evolution while the people he is debating have much knowledge in that area, which is usually why he is the one made a fool of. You can't properly debate something you don't understand, and Hovind does not understand evolution.

edit on 7/11/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Hi Amazing
if you would like to watch a great video about creation and the scientific evidence that supports it then please watch some of Hovinds videos, very easily accessible on youtube.

Hovind has debated many scientists teachers and panels and he has run rings around them, in most cases making them look foolish, ignorant and petulant.
Its very funny to see how much anger he can stir up just by challenging a persons belief with hard solid evidence and proof

One of the main reasons Hovind wins these debates is he is learned across many fields and has a great reference system. Hovind has a little knowledge in many areas while most of those who oppose him have much knowledge in few areas

I'm calling BS!! Show me a debate with Hovind and some reputable scientist where he "runs rings around them". Back up that claim please.

If you want to see the evidence and proof of creationism then watch his series of videos, when evolutionists say creation has no evidence its just ignorance.

Evolution as it stands is based on assumption,no proof or evidence

You are so dishonest it's unbelievable. Multiple people here have had debated you on this subject over and over and all you do is deny all evidence that is shown to you. If there is so much evidence for Creationism then why is it that when so many have repeatedly asked you to provide any do you provide absolutely ZERO Evidence. NONE. Not one bit other than your opinions.

I'm going to watch your video by the way and have a huge laugh at this guys supposed Evidence of Creationism.

You're statement about Evolution having "No Evidence" and only Assumption is a flat out lie and you know it. Whether or not you accept the evidence it has isn't the point. To say it has none is a flat out lie.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well said, couldn't put it any better way. If you live in a society that has just laws and regulations but choose to break them for your own convenience, then why is it not possible that such people tweak and distort a religious view in their own favor?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hovind has a little knowledge in many areas while most of those who oppose him have much knowledge in few areas

I agree, Hovind has little knowledge in the area of evolution while the people he is debating have much knowledge in that area, which is usually why he is the one made a fool of. You can't properly debate something you don't understand, and Hovind does not understand evolution.

Thats an amazing observation, you just agreed with me, well done you, you are taking smallsteps.

This clip was stupid
It was just a person questioning what scientific applications can come from studying creationism
Its stupid because creation science is about finding answers about the worlds and mans origins.

This clip is irrelevant because its contending a stupid premise.
Creation science is about origins, not outcomes

I could load hundreds of debates where evolutionists look stupid compared to hovind, I wont because its not the nature of this thread.
and if people are interested they can search it

To topic

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You are so dishonest it's unbelievable. Multiple people here have had debated you on this subject over and over and all you do is deny all evidence that is shown to you. If there is so much evidence for Creationism then why is it that when so many have repeatedly asked you to provide any do you provide absolutely ZERO Evidence. NONE. Not one bit other than your opinions.

I'm going to watch your video by the way and have a huge laugh at this guys supposed Evidence of Creationism.

You're statement about Evolution having "No Evidence" and only Assumption is a flat out lie and you know it. Whether or not you accept the evidence it has isn't the point. To say it has none is a flat out lie.

So are you but I think its ignorance not dishonesty, mix of the two?

Now if we were to rely on logic as opposed to foolishness you would understand with basic common sense, I cant reasonably watch and answer every silly lie proposed.
Common sense would make that logical to most reasonable people

Where is the evidence or proof for evolution, its still stands

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join