It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Hovind is a free man

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm calling BS!! Show me a debate with Hovind and some reputable scientist where he "runs rings around them". Back up that claim please.

here is a tip

Try youtube

So type youtube in a search engine, google or firefox (if you got here you can get there surely)
Type "Hovind" as a single word followed by
the word "debate"

If you get confused just ask, I will help

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
borntowatch

There are tons of threads on ATS that provided evidence. If you'd bother to look you'd get them. If you are interested (I know you are not) then just read them or just google and you will get your evidence.

Creation science is about origins, not outcomes

Oh ok then you are not talking about evolution.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I know some of you do not agree with Hovind or OP but try to have a little respect. You just seem like ATS-holes which is supposed to be a big no no around here. Its one thing to present facts but I have seen several attacks on the OP and insinuations that they lack intelligence, are gullible, etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Its one thing to present facts but I have seen several attacks on the OP and insinuations that they lack intelligence, are gullible, etc.

Actually if you read you'll see several insinuations from the OP that we lack intelligence.

This is an example: borntowatch

edit on 7/12/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I was referring to post like the following. Your example is barely veiled condescension but I wouldn't call it a personal attack.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Segenam

I've heard of the man. I've seen his stuff. This isn't the first time I've seen borntowatch show his bromance for the man in an evolution thread. Windword is correct. He is a conman. Plain and simple.

originally posted by: flyingfish

It is fitting that borntowatch would support a charlatan like Kent Hovind, dishonesty breeds dishonesty . It's now clear why borntowatch is so far off into left field when it comes to science. It's a perfect example of what happens when you listen to someone who made it in The Encyclopedia of American Loons!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
here is a tip

Try youtube

So type youtube in a search engine, google or firefox (if you got here you can get there surely)
Type "Hovind" as a single word followed by
the word "debate"

If you get confused just ask, I will help

That's real cute. But you see in the real world when YOU make a claim, it is YOU who must provide the evidence to support it. Don't try and push it on me because I'm calling you out for your claim. YOU either back up what you say or admit you can't, those are your choices.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Your example is barely veiled condescension but I wouldn't call it a personal attack.

If my post appeared to you as a condescension then I apologize? I was just telling you that the OP did the very same thing you claimed that some posters insulted the OP. I wasn't attacking you personally.

This isn't the first time I've seen borntowatch show his bromance for the man in an evolution thread.

Well "bromance" might be an insult but I'll raise you 10 insults from the OP. He have insulted me and others few times in this thread.

It's a perfect example of what happens when you listen to someone who made it in The Encyclopedia of American Loons!

Do you consider flat earthers loons?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
So are you but I think its ignorance not dishonesty, mix of the two?

Now if we were to rely on logic as opposed to foolishness you would understand with basic common sense, I cant reasonably watch and answer every silly lie proposed.
Common sense would make that logical to most reasonable people

Where is the evidence or proof for evolution, its still stands

How can I be dishonest when I'm not making any claims about anything. I'm just asking you to provide evidence for the claims you're making. Asking you to provide evidence to support your position on creationism isn't dishonest, but making claims you can't support is.

Are you going to deny that multiple people on ATS have already debated this topic with you before???

Are you going to provide any support for your claims on Creationism???

Are you going to provide anything other than snarky comments just because someone asks you questions and asks for evidence for the claims you're making???

My guess is NO to all three of those.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Doesn't matter what I think about flat earthers and I wasn't saying you were condescending simply that the example you provided from OP was. My intent was not to derail but to bring the thread back to a discussion of the facts. The topic is Kent Hovind being freed from prison not a debate concerning creationism vs evolution or the mental capacity of OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
I know some of you do not agree with Hovind or OP but try to have a little respect. You just seem like ATS-holes which is supposed to be a big no no around here. Its one thing to present facts but I have seen several attacks on the OP and insinuations that they lack intelligence, are gullible, etc.

That's because you aren't familiar with this particular member and his history of Trolling ATS.

I suggest you look up some of his other threads and see for yourself. Or just keep watching this one and see how it develops.

They all follow the same exact trend. He makes claims without any support for any of them. Denies all evidence that counters his claims no matter how solid that evidence is and just keeps saying the same lies over and over again until everyone is so sick of him they just leave.

IMO he is the exactly what ATS doesn't need. Someone who makes unsupported claims, denies everything to the contrary and when called on it results to childish and insulting tactics to force people out of the conversation.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

The topic is Kent Hovind being freed from prison not a debate concerning creationism vs evolution or the mental capacity of OP.

gotcha

Apparently that's what the op wants.

From the OP:

Possibly the most hated christian in the US because he teaches what people hate, the truth

i suspect he will be jailed or killed, the world and evolutionists hate him so much.

And this post:

Anyway my point was his teachings not his crime, argue those.

borntowatch

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

And this post:

"Anyway my point was his teachings not his crime, argue those. '

Thats called quote mining, taking something said in a part and making it the main theme of your argument

It was in response to a single statement

anyway as you wish
edit on b2015Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:43:48 -050073120150am312015-07-12T07:43:48-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

How can I be dishonest when I'm not making any claims about anything. I'm just asking you to provide evidence for the claims you're making. Asking you to provide evidence to support your position on creationism isn't dishonest, but making claims you can't support is.

Are you going to deny that multiple people on ATS have already debated this topic with you before???

Are you going to provide any support for your claims on Creationism???

Are you going to provide anything other than snarky comments just because someone asks you questions and asks for evidence for the claims you're making???

My guess is NO to all three of those.

Lets see

Q1 No plenty have tried debating, I am interested in people providing evidence, proof whatever for evolution. I havnt yet seen anything that I consider based on science, so no debates as such
and truthfully its pointless as so many people here dont know the truth.
One fella showed me a missing link to bird from dinosaurs x millions of years old when evolution science claims birds have been around long before that missing link was found, they are xx million years old. I cant argue every person every point because its time consuming and pointless.

Its like the picture of 10 different skulls being called proof of evolution. Really its just proof 10 people or animals died, proof that an assumption that they are all linked has been made.

Q2 No, absolutely not. I dont think you will believe anything I say, if you want to know more watch some Hovind then argue his claims with me I would be interested your view.

Q3 I like snarky comments, creation has evidence, what evidence do you want to hear, watch some Hovind as he tears down evolutionists claims. Discuss those, I am happy enough to pour scorn on evolutionists supposed evidence.

You can pour scorn on creationists evidence if you like, not that you know any because its not taugh.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Give it up. You are obviously a troll or at least I hope so.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hovind's arguments are so fallacious that even other Young Earth Creationists say they shouldn't be used.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The video had a point behind it. Evolutionary sciences create real world applications every day, it shows results, whereas creationism creates no real world applications, it doesn't show any results whatsoever. The one that shows results is usually the one that is most likely to be true.
edit on 7/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Hovind's arguments are so fallacious that even other Young Earth Creationists say they shouldn't be used.

Care toelaborate or are you just parroting anothers opinion that you accept

Thats a very lazy comment, probably backed up with nothing at all.

You will get stars because others think you are right, me I think its a troll of a post.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The video had a point behind it. Evolutionary sciences create real world applications every day, it shows results, whereas creationism creates no real world applications, it doesn't show any results whatsoever. The one that shows results is usually the one that is most likely to be true.

Really? Care to elaborate, as Hovind said many christian scientists are responsible for much of the foundation of what we operate from today

Your comments are seriously flawed.

evolutionists dig up bones, what else do they do.
What has evolution science given us directly...nothing.
I could be wrong...evidence, dare I ask?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Give it up. You are obviously a troll or at least I hope so.

Gee deaf alien I am speechless, how can I contend that evidence, logic proof

So what are YOU doing in this thread if not trolling

Think about it

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ever heard of Evolutionary Medicine?

The evolutionary approach has driven important advances in our understanding of cancer, autoimmune disease, and anatomy.

Seems as though evolution has brought some pretty important advancements in medicine. That's just one, I could list more if you like.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join