It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap celebreties you have met and tenuous famous encounters.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Nice experiences Night Star

I used to love Sweet, Brian Conelly with Blond hair was lead singer?

I've never had a backstage Passes at concerts , just the autograph thing.

While I'm here talking about celebs I would like to mention that my cousin worked on Michael Jackson's Dangerous Tour and said he was the sweetest most generous employer he ever had. Very down to earth and if it hadn't been For the allegations we were to get free front row seats backstage passes to meet him when he played Vancouver. I was so looking forward to it. So I just want to say MJ really was a beautiful caring person. My aunt met him and she was in awe. This was just before the allegations came out.

I've heard very bad things about Garth Brooks from a country singer we knew. Back when he sang if tomorrow never comes. He was making the rounds on talk shows with his wife, playing it up he was singing to her in the song. Like as if he even wrote it. Made me sick, because I was hearing he was cheating with Trisha yearwood. Turned out that he got with Trisha years later. I'm not a country music fan so forgive me if I don't know song titles. The guy just makes me sick. So fake. Really didn't like him making that song a hit with his fake story of loving his wife when he actually couldn't stand the woman. I felt sorry for her. Like they say the wife is always the last to know.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Wow Randy sounds arrogant. I wasn't aware. I used to do his wife's hair. When they were in Vancouver. Lit cigars with $100 bills? I know another asshole and uses them as a Kleenex to wipe his snotty nose on. He hangs out with randy sometimes or at least he claims to. Yeah the arrogance is very off putting.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Not really C list as they were massive but i once had a wee next to Mick Hucknall (Simply Red). *

As a kid, i went to Tenerife and sat next to Ian Rush on the flight over (and way back!). As a massive Liverpool fan, this is still a major highlight for me (sad, i know). It got better though as it turned out i was staying at the same place as fat Jan Molby, a total legend of a man.

Also in Tenerife (seperate occasion) i once played pool against Nigel Benn and what a thoroughly lovely chap he was.

On C List theme though (Z may be more appropiate), i qeued for fish and chips in a top notch chippy next to David Gest (Liza Minelli's ex). He is just as bizarre, weird and strangely wonderful in real life as he appears on tv and he was also extremely friendly and polite - and very funny.

* For clarity, this was at a urinal rather than just me having a wee next to him!
edit on 10-7-2015 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I've bought Lemmy fron Motörhead a pint,met Jordan twice and made her a cup o' tea.

I also invented the phrase "camel toe" and the word "Necropiscaphilia"

Beat that if you can.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I won't get into details but David Suzuki is a real D-Bag in real life.

My friend slammed the door on him so it made it all worth while

(Salt Spring Island)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I once snogged Danniella Westbrook in a mid 1990's nightclub at the height of her coke addiiction.
Of course it was a pity she struggled with controlling her recreational drug use, but she was a right good laugh and I didn't think of her as being the girl on 'Eastenders' at all, just another clubber like I was.

I actually took the piss when I first spoke to her, saying "If you get a pen you can have my autograph" she laughed and called me a twat. My mates were well jealous though because she still had her septum in those days and was pretty hot.
Gutted though, a snog was as far as it went, I didn't have any spare grammes at home to tempt her back lol

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I once snogged Danniella Westbrook in a mid 1990's nightclub at the height of her coke addiiction.
Of course it was a pity she struggled with controlling her recreational drug use, but she was a right good laugh and I didn't think of her as being the girl on 'Eastenders' at all, just another clubber like I was.

I actually took the piss when I first spoke to her, saying "If you get a pen you can have my autograph" she laughed and called me a twat. My mates were well jealous though because she still had her septum in those days and was pretty hot.
Gutted though, a snog was as far as it went, I didn't have any spare grammes at home to tempt her back lol

She certainly has fallen on hard times, good to see you got in when the going was good.

I had to clean a toilet at a festival once when some dude from eatenders threw up in it but who he was I neither know or care.

The only famous person I have ever kissed was the singer from the Mighty mighty bosstones.

They played a gig at Rock City Nottingham and he was leaving at the same time I was coming back in.

He was surrounded by loads of people fawning all over him and I wanted to say hello without looking like a twat, I walked stright up to him said nice gig and then grabbed him by the ears and planted a fat drunken kiss right on his chops.

I then screamed "punk rock punk rock" repeatedly as I was manhandled out of the builing by his security team.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As a child I snuck away from my parents at a 5th Dimension concert. Got all the way to backstage, when they come off stage Marilyn McCoo took my hand and asked me where is my mom was. They found my mom trying to get backstage to me. They let both my parents back and we got all their autographs. Everyone was very nice except the Ron dude, he seemed a little put off.
I also meet Tom Cruise when he was just starting out. He showed up at a party a friend was having, her parents were not home lol and her little sister was trying to have a party. I was there to try and help keep the party outside. He showed up because he had gone to school with my friend and was dropping by while he was in town. He got to come in and we all sat around in the family room . I talked to him and he said that he was an actor and had a small part in the movie Endless Love and he had just made a movie with George C. Scott called Taps, he went on to share that Mr. Scott thought he was one of the most promising young actors he had seen. I took a lot of this with a grain of salt and we talked and said something to the effect that I am sure I will read about him in the Enquire one day, I was joking. I also tore a corner off of a piece of paper and ask for his autograph, he wrote Tom Cruise and I said I wanted his real name so he added Mapother. I put the piece of paper in the pocket of my jeans and didn't give it a second thought, until a couple of days letter I saw a commercial for a new movie called Taps, ran to the hamper and my jeans were still there. I still have it tucked away in some photo album.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hahaha! Brilliant, you nutter!

...I'll choose Danniella back in the day anytime over your punk bloke though!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cklein61

Cool sories! I know a guy that got a part in eyes wide shut with tome cruise years ago, he was a model and had never acted before and took 50 takes to get one line right! He said Tom cruise was really good about it and tried to help him as much as he could.

When he was leaving Tom cruise stopped the bus they were leaving on and gave all the bit part and extras about 15 black bags of brand new clothes from the film and thanked them all one by one for being a part of the film.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just remembered a couple. These happened when I was about 5 or 6. We lived in this little town in Indiana. One day we were at the grocery store standing in line and my mom noticed that the guys ahead of us were the Oakridge Boys. From what I remember they were nice guys. Another time around the same time period my mom met Ernest Tubb. She said he was a nice guy, too.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Remembered another one, although not so much 'crap celeb' more famous bloke.
I shook hands with Michael Eavis in 2002/3 at the 'Pilton Party' which is a mini gig (4/5 bands) every September as a payback to the village which the Glastonbury festival consumes every June.

It was £10 on the door and Mr Eavis was stood there admitting entrance lol.
I said something like "Thank you for so many wild times I've had on your farm, but apologies that I only ever paid for it after 'the fence' went up. He laughed and thanked me for my honesty.

Oh, and the night before as I was bombing round the country lanes looking for the nearby bed n breakfast I was staying in, I nearly had a head on crash with the band Suede who were playing at the Pilton Party. Both our wheels skidded and screeched to a halt half a metre before impact.
I would have lost the crash in my little 1.3 Metro, they were in a Volvo estate haha.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I have never met Eavis but know loads of people that have, from what they say he nearly always takes time to say hello to them even though it's right in the middle of the festival and he's got a lot more important people to talk to.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I have never heard of any of those people?

Is that because they are crappy celeb's or because I am English

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

I've bought Lemmy fron Motörhead a pint,met Jordan twice and made her a cup o' tea.

I also invented the phrase "camel toe" and the word "Necropiscaphilia"

Beat that if you can.

A mate of mine once met lemmy backstage and Lemmy challenged him to a drinking competion.

My mate passed out after a bottle and a half of JD and when he woke up a few hours later Lemmy was still going after finding another challenger!

Did you make her a cup of tea on both occasions or just one?

I would require more proof as to your coining the phrase "camel toe" before beliveing you

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You're in for a treat then.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yeah, he seemed genuinely warm and friendly, just a normal bloke. A 'dad-like' figure if you know what I mean, really nice.

...walking back to my farmhouse bed n breakfast place after the party I also saw the only glow-worm I've ever seen in my life. I was with my GF of the time and both a bit off our heads we saw this light in the hedgerow, WTF was our thoughts then amazement at this little illuminating creature doing it's thing in the bush. Blew me away.
Coincidence thought, I haven't seen that girl for 5 years but we bumped into each other in town last Monday and had a coffee or two, made friends on facebook, back in touch... lol off-topic story, I'll leave it there!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Just the once.She's a lovely lass but has the worst cockney accent you've ever heard

I came up with "camel toe"in 1989 in Detmold,Germany because it was fashionable at the time for the women to wear those awful jeans that showed it off.

I think I invented "Necropiscaphilia" just today.I can't imagine why a normal person would think it up,so I claim fogsies.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Nice experiences Night Star

I used to love Sweet, Brian Conelly with Blond hair was lead singer?

Yes he was the lead singer. I didn't know he was dead and I think another member as well. Poor Brian went through a lot of health problems towards the end. Very sad to see.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I met Terry Garr and Shirley MaClaine when they starred in a movie partly made in my town. I REALLY wanted to meet Clancy Brown, but he wasn't in that scene.

Anyway they both seemed like very lovely and happy ladies and were quite chatty.

Oh I met a local area clown celebrity a few times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join