It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap celebreties you have met and tenuous famous encounters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Damn, that must be a fun job. A lot of the people he had to deal with were probably dicks though.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

no doubt.
still though.
he got to meet and talk to some of the greatest musicians of the time.

i would love to sit down with bob dylan.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Met Johnny Depp a few times. I was born in the town I live in. Not very funny in person, not rude. Just indifferent.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I dated a reality TV star for a while, smoking hot (not going to name who) but a bit crazy. But met Kevin Bacon, he's a decent guy. Mickey Rooney, he's a short cranky old fart. Jim Lahey from Trailer Park Boys, he is really cool and down to earth.

Louis Johnson from The Brothers Johnson, rip, on an airplane. He was the bass guitarist for Michael Jackson's Thriller and a lot of other songs, he'll of a bass player. He was on his second flight and a little tipsy, spilled wine on me when I was trying to get to my seat. I figured I'd join in so we both got plastered. He had some crazy stories about different music celebs, really cool guy.

Ghost
edit on 9-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I once shared a lunch table with 4 Ferengi at Paramount, we all had the salad bar.
I later was introduced to Will Wheaton's Bicycle.

Shared an elevator with T.Boone Pickens at CNBC headquarters. Proper Friendly guy.

Also shared an Elevator with 4 of the New York Giants in Philly, This was the time of Lawrence Taylor..
Just by chance, I was wearing a shirt with Black and White vertical stripes...We all laughed as these really giants stood over me. They were huge dudes..

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I was an extra in Pet Sematary 2 when I was a kid and my brother was a photo double for one of the child actors. A few of us were extras long enough that they provided a tutor and being about the same age, Edward Furlong came by and talked with us a few times. This was the year after Terminator 2 so this was just the start of his B movie career. Also met Anthony Edwards (Goose from Top Gun, Dr. Mark Greene from ER) and Clancy Brown who has about a million acting credits on IMDB and is the voice of Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob SquarePants.

There's actually quite a few film studios in that part of GA and being an extra is a cool thing to do if you ever get a chance. My brother was an extra in a few other movies later on and met Kevin Costner, Elijah Wood, Lucas Black (Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift) and some others on set. The Walking Dead is filmed in the area too so it's not uncommon to run into cast members in town. My brother has run into Norman Reedus (Daryl) a couple times (at Target and a local restaurant/bar) and said he's a super nice guy who signs autographs for everyone.
edit on 2015-7-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Daryl?

*squeeeeeeeeeeeee*

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

We went down to GA two Christmases ago to visit my folks and brought along our niece who is huge fan of the Walking Dead and was 14 at the time. She spent the entire week on Daryl watch every we went lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

norman reedus has an emo looking kid named mingus.
super lame.

anyway, i always thought murphy mcmannus from boondock saints was a better reedus character.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I've got a penchant for bumping into crap celebrities; so crap in fact that some of them don't even register on the richter scale of celebrity any more (and barely did then). They all happened when I was living up north.

I was in a shop once as a kid buying sweets when Stuart Hall walked in. That's it, nothing happened. He got served then left.

As a teenager in the late 70s, I was drinking in a Manchester pub with my brother and some friends when I turned to my side and noticed Mike Harding "The Rochdale Cowboy" standing near me. You'll have to google that to know who he is (he was a D-lister back then). The sad thing was, I was quite star-struck.

More recently I did an agency shift in a nursing home to find that one of the residents was Bob Williamson (used to be a Bolton comedian and had a brief part in Phoenix Nights).

I parked my car one day and was buying a sticker from the machine, when this woman walked up and stood behind me. She asked me if I had any change for the machine. I said no, sorry, and walked off. She looked familiar but I couldn't place her till I reached my car - Sally Webster off Corrie.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I did not know this. Here's a picture:

How the hell does "Daryl" have a son that looks like an androgynous Scandinavian fashion model? I've always felt that Boondock Saints was waaaaay overrated but it might be because I remember seeing that documentary that showed what an asshole the writer/director, Troy Duffy, was.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When I was in college, my girlfriends and I took a road trip to Cinci, OH

We ended up downtown somewhere and the street scene got CRAZY....fast.

We ran in to a group of cute guys that said they had a place nearby and, it was better than taking our chances in the street.

So, we walked several blocks to their place and.......it was pretty awesome.

We had a few beers, smoked a bit and we bailed. Something just wasn't right.

We found out later that it was Nick Lachey. LOL!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I met Ace Frehley one day. I told him I was a long time fan and it was a thrill meeting a rock legend. He didn't even acknowledge my presence and ogled my wife during the entire encounter.

I met David Lander on the set of the movie "Funland". He insulted my career choice.

I met Dimebag Darrel backstage at a show. We talked for about an hour. Great Guy!!RIP

I met Gene Simmons at a shopping mall. Good listener. Looked me in the eye and kept up his end of the (short) conversation.

I met Paul Stanley TWICE. Both times he blew right past me without any acknowledgement whatsoever.

I've met And Hull several times. Moody. Sometimes he's personable, other times not so much.

I've met Kevin Devine numerous times. Always approachable and a really cool guy. Easy to talk to.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings (The Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive) both grew up in the same area of town as me. I'm younger than them, but I remember hearing them as a kid jamming in their garage before they hit the big time. An employer I worked for many years ago used to jam with them back in the day for a number of years before they got too big for their britches... he knew both guys really well (grew up together) and told me all kinds of fun stories from back in the day.

I sat and had a couple of drinks with them in a small bar called Joe's Garage (in the Transcona area of Winnipeg) about 20 years ago. Burton (who's well known to be an arrogant ass) was his typical know-it-all self, but Randy was the real dick-of-the-day... the guy actually sat in this blue collar bar and lit his cigars with $100 dollar bills the entire night.

I kid you not.

My encounter with them completely turned me off of their music from that day on.

I've also had drinks in that same bar with Kenny Shields (from Streetheart) who was a real sweetie of a guy, he's a very polite down-to-earth kind of person.

And I've hung out a few times with a Winnipeg band known as The Crash Test Dummies. The band lived in the apartment above my girlfriend so we'd go up there and watch them jam (this was before they became known for their Superman song) and even cooked dinner for the gang a couple of times too. Had lots of fun with them before they moved several months later after they landed their first recording contract.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Moderately close with Patton Oswalt. Super awesome guy, really genuinely intelligent tok. We don't talk much anymore but anytime he's back in the area we usually talk for an hour or two to catch up.

Both grew up in the same area and kept running into each other at nerd parties/events is why.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

harvey gave duffy the keys to the kingdom and he messed it all up.
major dick but the saints are great flicks. hits home to me for a couple reasons.

dude looks like a cros between leonardo dicaprio from basketball diaries and a young claire danes.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

i got randy jacksons autograph on a samurai sword.
i was picking it up from a sharpening and i bumped into him. i asked for his autograph but all i had was the sword and come. its not like you can not get jacksons autograph

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This thread brought back so many old memories of meeting rock stars back in the 70's.
My best friend and I never slept with any of them, just wanted to meet them and see what they were like off stage. We got to hang out with Ozzy once when he was with Black Sabbath and also met the drummer who was funny as hell. Ozzy was so polite and sweet and looking forward to going home for the holidays. Awwww. LOL

Met Kiss so many times that we became friends with one of the body guards and got back stage passes all the time. Paul Stanley was quite a gentleman and pretty down to earth. Jean Simmons I found to be too arrogant and obnoxious. Ace Frehley was always drunk and funny as hell. In all the times we met this band and there were plenty, we never got to talk to Peter Criss. He was rather elusive.

Met Chris Squire of Yes once. I always found the English people to be more down to earth and humble no matter how famous they were.

And the guys in the English band The Sweet. OMG, so much fun! It was like we knew them our whole lives. We just talked and talked and laughed like hell. They were even going to let us go up on stage, but to the left or right and out of sight of the audience, but the cops wouldn't allow it. We did manage to get on stage with another band though, some roadie got us up there. We sat off to the side drinking and enjoying the show.

Met Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith once. Really nice guy, but I really, really wanted to meet Steve Tyler and Joe Perry. LOL

WEll that's some just off the top of my head. So many good times.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I have met all the living actors who have played the Doctor in Doctor Who, other than Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi. Obviously, Patrick Troughton and William Hartnell were unfortunately deceased by the time the opportunity to meet the Doctors came up for me, and the more modern series had not been made at that time.

I also met a heap of companions, including Sophie Aldred, who played Ace during the Sylvester McCoy era... I was such a fanboy...

Oh, also, the drummer from Procol Harum (of A Whiter Shade of Pale fame) used to go to the same Christian centre as my mother and her business partner, and we often had him over for Sunday lunch. Bobby Harrison was also in the band Freedom for a time, after he and the old guitarist from Procol Harum left the band shortly after the release of Whiter Shade of Pale.

He looks like Santa Claus, but he has a potty mouth, a filthy mind, and an even dirtier sense of humour!

Oh, and my mate Jimmy recently appeared on my television in a Lidl advertisement!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I've met quite a few that weren't so nice.

The nicest one I met was Guy LaFluer ( hockey player)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join