It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap celebreties you have met and tenuous famous encounters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: nonspecific

Jody Foster once turned me down for a date.

Stuck up cow.

Now I know why.

It's her loss.

What was your pick up line?

We were both @ the same age, I was all of 17 and we had some mutual friends.

I called and asked her out for dinner and a movie.

She said, "No."

And hung up.

I guess you can count that as a shorter romance than even the Kardashians had.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I briefly met Melvyn Bragg, before he was famous.
I stayed on at college, one summer, for a week after the end of term.
At the end of the week, he was one of the guests attending the college "Gaudy".
I was in a "double" college room, and he took my room-mate's bedroom for the night.
My diary records that on the "morning after" the celebrations he called out to ask me the time, and then said "Oh God" a couple of times.
His girl-friend came to see him and they went off to play croquet.
When he left, I noticed that he had left his sun-glasses behind. I expect they got thrown away.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

it would be awesome if you were the guy that stalked her
hahahahahaha
are you?

just kidding of course.

she turned you down cause youre packing the wrong gear.....know what i mean?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Yeah, um, no. Not that guy and yeah, I can rest easy now. She's um, not into, er. . . um. . . that.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

dr paul bearer owns the wrestling paul bearer in every way

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Met the band "Creed" a while back the company I work for was catering for them while in town. They were complete ass holes. Had a nice meal ready for them but it wasn't good enough for their kids.. We had to go to the store and buy hotdogs lol..

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It was probably something along the lines of: "Hey, baby. Want to nibble on my carrot?"

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Bit further down than C list:

Immortal Techhnique: Wouldnt sign anything for fans unless they bought his CD despite having already shelled out for tickets to his show, told anybody approaching him for a conversation to "shut the f***k up" and generally acted like an arrogant, egotistical idiot outside his own concert. He never knew it but he came ridiculously close to being beaten badly by some london rappers that night.

Paul Daniels: drove a Ferrari with the license plate 'mag1c' and stood around the service station we were pulled up in expectantly waiting for people to notice him, he was a nipple.

Jeru Tha Damaja: Spent 20 minutes lecturing the crowd on the importance of respecting women only to disappear back to his hotel room with 2 very underage looking groupies. On top of that he looked like a crusty tramp and smelled horrific.

Mos Def: Turned up to his show in a frigging smoking jacket, decided not to perform any of his music and instead played the drums briefly before attempting to regale everybody with boring anecdotes and poetry. I didn't pay for 'an evening with mos def' or some pretentious avant garde performance and neither did the rest of the audience who booed him and walked out.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Another one I should have mentioned, come to think of it.
John Harding, a minor British novelist. About four or five books, including "What we did on our holiday".
I went to school with him, in the same class.
He was always top of the class, the so-and-so, and I never managed better than second. But my A-levels were better than his.
Mind you, that's better than HIS official claim to fame, which he states as "I once sat next to Martin Amis during a lecture".

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I have met many. Could you go redo your title spelling though, it is distracting me? Bobby Bowden was in an airport on a layover and spent 2 hours talking to me about life, it was surreal.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015
Thats too bad about immortal technique I used to really been into his music.. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's her loss.

What was your pick up line?

edit on 31354America/ChicagoThu, 09 Jul 2015 16:35:29 -050031pm31189America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Some cool ones:

Styles P: Came to a gig in Ladbroke Grove with no security at all and no entourage, just himself. Was humble and laid back with everybody, took time out to speak to everyone and was overall a really good guy, very down to earth.

Amy Winehouse: She used to go to a record shop called deal real in soho where all of the rappers in london would go to hang out on Friday nights. This was a couple of years before she was famous. Really nice girl, very friendly.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I met Jeff Keith from Tesla a couple of times. The second time was when I was in vacation in Oklahoma. Turns out a buddy of mine grew up with him. I met his family. He's a cool guy. Really laid back.
I met Great White at a truck stop after a concert. Their bus driver was gassing up the bus. They were playing video games in the arcade. They were cool, too.
A guy I knew met Ted Nugent. Ted lives in Concord, Michigan. He's a complete ass. I'm glad I never met him when I lived there.
I met Type O Negative at a record store before a concert. They were nice guys. They treated everyone like they were human beings.
I met Queensryche at the same concert. My friend, brother, and I kept these women from being trampled when the floor turned into a mosh pit. They'd been there all day in line and made friends with the security guards. They told the guards about what we did and they let us backstage. Everyone but Geoff Tate was there. I guess he had his wife with him on tour. She was pregnant and on the bus. They were all nice guys.
I met Firehouse another time. They were cool, too.
A girl friend I had went to a party at Bob Seegar's house. I guess he's kind of shy and stayed to himself but otherwise was nice. She also met Edgar Winter and Johnny Winter. One of them saved her from being trampled at a place they were playing at.
That's about all I can think of for now.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

is your real name ben fong torres?
youve met a lot of 80's metal dudes

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I also talked with Crystal Gail at a Fleetwood Mac concert at Wembly once.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Had a long conversation with Ted Danson at Paramount Studios, i was waiting for my ride and he came to talk with me ( smoking cigarette ) my ride was late almost an hour and Ted kept me company, he was not in hurry. He was very nice, humorous and we laught a lot. I have met a lot of international cebs and only few of them are those who are not behind the "mask".

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I don't know who that is lol. Yeah, I used to go to concerts a lot. I'm surprised I can still hear.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

rock journalist.
used to work for rolling stone

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I just remembered one. Ted Nugent owns a store in Michigan. Not sure if it's still open but it carried a lot of different stuff. My mom makes American Indian things like beaded chokers, dream catchers, stuff like that. Anywho, Ted wanted my mom to put some of her stuff in his store so he could sell it. She said no. This is around the time a white buffalo calf was born. The calf died and Ted wanted to buy it and stuff it so he could put it in his store.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join