It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun used in San Franscico Pier Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So this just came in over the A.P. wire and CNN is reporting it also.
On July 1st on San Francisco Pier 14 an man named Juan Francisco Lopez Sanchez allegedly killed Kate Steinle with a gun that he says he found wrapped up in a t-shirt on site.
CNN and the Associated press are now reporting that a undocumented source has informed them that the serial number on the gun is registered to a federal agent.

"The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the case and spoke on condition of anonymity, said a police check of the weapon's serial number shows it belonged to a federal agent. The official declined to elaborate further."
bigstory.ap.org...

"At Sanchez's arraignment Tuesday, his public defender, Matt Gonzalez, said the shooting appeared to be an accident.
In jailhouse interviews with two television stations, Sanchez said he found a gun wrapped in a shirt on the pier and it went off in his hands."

So my questions is
A. If he had the gun with him when he went to the pier how did he get it?
B. If he really did find the gun on site what was it doing there wrapped up in a t-shirt?

Any body have any other info on this situation?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Are we sure it was a specific federal agent? My first thought is that it's a Fast and Furious gun, and that the number was simply in a block of numbers that were used for that program.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

my big question is, why a federal agent gun was not reported missing? or was it?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Well by God it is completely obvious now. The perp's story makes perfect sense ?????

He was walking down the pier. Found a federal agents gun wrapped in a T-shirt. He picked it up and it went off and killed A woman accidentally.

Yup it happens every day ?

Nothing to see here folks move along ?

edit on 7-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The A.P. story says "a Federal agent" it does not say if it was a personal weapon or a issued service weapon.
Something to keep in mind. Also it may have very well been stolen at some point. Question is why was it left there? Had it already been used in another crime and dropped? or simply dumped off?

Other than mental illness I can't think of a reason for a person who knows he is in the country illegally to want to draw attention to himself. So maybe he really did find the gun and it went off. There seems to be nothing in his record that would indicate he knew a lot about firearms or how to use them.

Also I just thought of something. It's been 7 days since the shooting.
Why did it take so long for the origins of the weapon to come out?
Wouldn't a serial number check be the first thing they did?

edit on 7-7-2015 by mash3d because: Additional question.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
All the gun laws in the world wouldn't have stopped him.

All the illegal immigration laws would have.

And yet, I wonder what laws will be the focus?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe it was a setup to add fuel to the fire of oppostion to immigration. Especially when its a person who has made it over the border unlawfully. San fransico is also supposedly a sanctuary city which further adds to the discussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
An accident... and found in a shirt? Right. BS that cost a precious life that can never come back. They may have knew about the gun owned by the federal Agent-stolen, or not, or what have you but want to protect that info because they(ICE) were negligent.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Well by God it is completely obvious now. The perp's story makes perfect sense ?????

He was walking down the pier. Found a federal agents gun wrapped in a T-shirt. He picked it up and it went off and killed A woman accidentally.

Yup it happens every day ?

Nothing to see here folks move along ?

It seems believable to me. How else could he have gotten a federal agents weapon? The real question is how did that weapon get there, I'm still going with my original guess that it was from Fast and Furious, and that those guns are now on our streets too.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
An accident... and found in a shirt? Right. BS that cost a precious life that can never come back. They may have knew about the gun owned by the federal Agent-stolen, or not, or what have you but want to protect that info because they(ICE) were negligent.

ICE is saying they knew about him and issued a detain order for him if he was ever picked up.
San Francisco is a self claimed Sanctuary city and says they do not have to comply with a detain order unless is is an actual warrant issued by a judge.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well instead of guessing. All I did was a Google search and it seems that weapon was stolen from a federal agents car . There is some discrepancy whether it was a issued weapon or a personal weapon .

But who wants to mess with actual details?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Odd. I would wonder why he even thought to grab a random shirt, but on second thought, my conspiracy mind says he was told there was a gun wrapped in a shirt.

Either way, if it is true and the gun is found to be a federal agents weapon, I would say there is a much larger agenda at play here. Likely even a conspiracy to put the FED under scrutiny because of backlash for anti gun propaganda.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Something else interesting is that this entire affair comes just days after Donald Trump got in trouble for making remarks about illegal aliens. It probably was just a tragic accident. But I'm not a real big fan of random coincidence.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Aazadan

Well instead of guessing. All I did was a Google search and it seems that weapon was stolen from a federal agents car . There is some discrepancy whether it was a issued weapon or a personal weapon .

But who wants to mess with actual details?

Thank you I did not know that and that's the bits of information I'm wondering about.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Every article and news report I've seen about this shooting has been largely about the fact that he should have been returned to ICE for deportation and not released. Meanwhile, I haven't seen any focus on gun laws at all. Is there anywhere it's legal in the US to sell a firearm to an illegal immigrant?

Seems to me you might be indulging in a bit of gratuitous politicking!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You don't think some weak-assed politician will use this to further inhibit gun ownership?

M'kay.

We'll just blame the ass-clowns that created the sanctuary cities.

They might as well have pulled the trigger themselves.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a setup, I think a fired bullet be fired again if placed as a sabot inside a 12ga? Maybe a hidden sniper waited until the bum picked up the weapon to fire and kill the woman from a distance...

Who gave him the sleeping pills? Who would politically benefit from this murder? I think someone is setting up the political agenda for the next presidential candidate...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

With a previous history of 7 felony convictions, deportation 5 times, I find the excuse of an "accident' to be a little convenient. Seattle has followed San Fran's status of a sanctuary city, and a recently apprehended serial rapist came to the area from Mexico after having been deported after criminal activity.

LE in the Emerald City is prohibited from inquiring about immigration status during traffic stops or initial detainment. Backtracking the gun's history will leave egg on someones face if found to truly be either an issued firearm or personal weapon of a federal agent.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

White House blames GOP for Kathryn Steinle’s slaying, rise in gun violence

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 7-7-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's interesting how both sides can manage to make poltical hay out of the situation.
The real test will be if the story keeps going or just disappaers in the next news cycle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join