It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun used in San Franscico Pier Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Aazadan

Well instead of guessing. All I did was a Google search and it seems that weapon was stolen from a federal agents car . There is some discrepancy whether it was a issued weapon or a personal weapon .

But who wants to mess with actual details?

Why mess with details when you can speculate?

Anyways, that information does change my perspective but I still think there's a chance this guy is telling the truth. Someone else could have used the gun in a crime, then threw it away? Is there any information on how long ago the weapon was stolen?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

A lot of the information has not been released yet. But if I used the gun in a crime and went to the pier I think I would throw it off before I would wrap it in a shirt and set it on the bench ?
edit on 8-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I would say that that hypothesis is a bit thin as no federal agent would purposefully use a weapon related to them to set someone up; it is easy enough to get one not linked.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ok latest update: The Gun was an issued weapon to a Federal agent with the Bureau of Land management. The weapon was stolen from his car on while he was in San Francisco on business on June 27.
The theft was immediately reported.

www.cnn.com...

Minor back Story: The mayor, Ed Lee, is upset with the S.F. Sheriff, Ross Mirkarimi, for letting Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez out of jail where he was being held before the shooting. He was being held on a 20 year old Federal charge for marijuana possession. Customs and Immigration agents should have been notified that he was going to be released. The Sheriff said unless he had a court order he was under no obligation to inform Customs and Immigration.

Seems there is some bad blood between the Mayor and the Sheriff.
Ross Mirkarimi was charged with a domestic violence December 2011, only a month after being elected. The mayor suspend him but he was reinstated by the city board of supervisors.
Ross Mirkarimi has no law Enforcement background and served on the San Francisco board of Supervisors from 2005 to 2011 when he was elected Sheriff.

Hillary Clinton weighed in in on the case saying “"I have absolutely no support for a city that ignores the strong evidence that should be acted on. ... If it were a first-time traffic citation, if it were something minor, a misdemeanor, that's entirely different," she said. "This man had already been deported five times. And he should have been deported at the request of the federal government."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join