It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vetting Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The underlying issue is that Trump isn't out to win the GOP nomination. He is engaged in a PR stunt. I don't begrudge him for this at all. Looking at the rest of the GOP field only Jeb Bush is out to win the nomination. The likes of Rand Paul are looking to build there national profile with perhaps 2020 in mind.

The GOP will settle for legislative control over occupying the White House. The Democratic party did just the same thing during the Reagan era. I expect that Jeb will be the GOP throw away candidate in 2016.

I dont agree with this at all, I think Rand, Ted, Walker, and Bobbi Jendal are all out to win it, its really really early to be saying they arent.....

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Greece was like a Niger scram , some naive people had their money taken off them. By 2020 the countdown to the coming world war is starting to wind down. To stay topical, Who knows Trump may play a vital role outside of the oval office in wartime America?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Well then my hope is that his remarks will be a catalyst that gets the other candidates discussing their solutions!

He is "Hurting the Republican Brand"! Not making it up dude! Fox has been screaming that statement! My question is when in the hell did a political party become a brand?

Is it me or does having a brand, remind you of a "Corporation" in a lawsuit? Politics are like religion! The faithful believe in an ideology, BUT A BRAND???????

Something to think about........

Edit: Are political parties now CORPORATIONS??????

1. Trump is his own brand......

2. Im not voting Rep or Dem , im going to vote for who I think has the best solutions, and stands by their prinicples.....

So if hes hurting their brand meh!

However Trump is all about promoting his own brand.......

Should we just switch one for the other?

Something to think about

Nope!

I will vote for who I think is ballsy enough to be honest and doesn't care about offending anyone who identifies themselves with being "Politically Correct"!

So far Trump is the only candidate that isn't worried about hurting someones feelings!

He is also not BEGGING for money from people to help him run as all the other candidates.........

Except that hes only saying the things he wants people to hear to bolster his own Media presence......

You can vote for a guy like that if you want....

Ill vote for a guy who has a plan and who has a solid history of standing for what he believes in......

My op was filled with his pandering to Democrats and lobbyist just to further his Business Model.....

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I still have yet to hear anyone tell me how Trump plans to fix ANYTHING he said hes upset by......

Where are his proposals?

Where are the bills he would like to introduce?

How does he plan on fixing the economy?

How is he going to fix imigration? Make mexico build a wall?

How is he going to fix the falling dollar?

How is he going to fix our foreign policy?

How is he going to deal with other world governments and our enemies, much less our allies?

Whats he goign to do about lobbyist? Oh wait we already knwo that one he loves that...

Whats he going to do about incarceration rates and non violent charges and prison populations?

Whats he going to do about Taxes?

Whats he going to do about healthcare and our broken system?

Its going to take more than just tough talk and bloviating to fix those issues

.....*crickets****

Hear me now, If trump becomes the candidate by the uninformed voter populace, he WILL lose to Sanders or Hillary.......they will slaughter him on debates about the issues........

hes great reality TV material but challenged in a debate the guy is going to be stomped into the dirt

edit on 7/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How was he pandering to the Democrats by bragging about how rich he was? The Progressives believe that the wealthy should share their wealth!

How was he pandering to the lobbyists when he had the balls to tell the truth and say he loved them because he used them to make him a lot of money?

He told the truth!

How many politicians will tell their constituents how much money they made from lobbyists thus meaning that the constituents that elected them got screwed because the lobbyists have more money?

That's a truth that Trump told that many on both sides of the political church just can't comprehend!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Is that the apex of what Americans have to vote for? A charlatan? Hasn't that been done to death since JFK? I feel for you guys. You have NO options. Their system is in place to screw you.

New Zealand is a UK style parliamentary democracy. What sets us apart is that we use a European style electoral system in MMP. Suffice to say the current US political scene reinforces why I don't want to see Kiwis elect our head of state.

Bear in mind that the GOP has created Reagan mythology. Hell there is more mythology around Reagan then there is Gough Whitlam. Anybody familiar Whitlam's place in Australian politics will understand the significance of this point.

Reagan was a deal maker. When dealing with Congress he was prepared to accept half a loaf of bread rather then none. Really a president that was the combination of Dwight Eisenhower ,Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt is needed. In light of such a person not existing one must be prepared to at least think outside the political square.

Somebody in the mold of Trump would be able to address domestic issues like US-Mexico border. The international situation is too far gone. But as they say that is another topic.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Is that the apex of what Americans have to vote for? A charlatan? Hasn't that been done to death since JFK? I feel for you guys. You have NO options. Their system is in place to screw you.

New Zealand is a UK style parliamentary democracy. What sets us apart is that we use a European style electoral system in MMP. Suffice to say the current US political scene reinforces why I don't want to see Kiwis elect our head of state.

Bear in mind that the GOP has created Reagan mythology. Hell there is more mythology around Reagan then there is Gough Whitlam. Anybody familiar Whitlam's place in Australian politics will understand the significance of this point.

Reagan was a deal maker. When dealing with Congress he was prepared to accept half a loaf of bread rather then none. Really a president that was the combination of Dwight Eisenhower ,Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt is needed. In light of such a person not existing one must be prepared to at least think outside the political square.

Somebody in the mold of Trump would be able to address domestic issues like US-Mexico border. The international situation is too far gone. But as they say that is another topic.

New Zealand?

The Amazing Johnson's was an amazing show! Same as the womens prison show! *Can't remember the name*

Anyhow, many of the elite seem to be moving to NZ from what I have been reading!

Maybe you are in a safe zone the rest of us don't know about?

Anyhow, I love your TV shows! You guys in New Zealand have some talent!

Sorry to go off topic, but your the first person who admitted to living in NZ......
edit on 5-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I agree with you on how Trump speaks the truth (for now)...
My initial attraction to him recently is that he is not a career politician,...but in a way, he comes from a more nefarious, beholden group of sources...

He not only has his ear bent to the regular list of Government scumbags,... he also taps into the private sector...that additional pipeline of corruption makes him a wildcard and a danger...
That being said,
I think he is no more than a "placeholder" to keep Rand Paul from getting in the running...at some strategic time, Trump will Bow out to secure Jeb Bush as the nominee while preventing Rand Paul at the same time...

Then, Jeb Bush will tactfully "conceed" to Hillary...

edit on 5-7-2015 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid

I agree with you on how Trump speaks the truth (for now)...
My initial attraction to him recently is that he is not a career politician,...but in a way, he comes from a more nefarious, beholden group of sources...

He not only has his ear bent to the regular list of Government scumbags,... he also taps into the private sector...that additional pipeline of corruption makes him a wildcard and a danger...
That being said,
I think he is no more than a "placeholder" to keep Rand Paul from getting in the running...at some strategic time, Trump will Bow out to secure Jeb Bush as the nominee while preventing Rand Paul at the same time...

Then, Jeb Bush will tactfully "conceed" to Hillary...

That very well could be!

I just like his ability to not give a damn about being politically correct and say some harsh truths that a politician doesn't have the balls to say!

Those who control can do it because they have a monopoly on psychology and manipulation! At this point they know their game is up, so "Be prepared for anything?"....

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Trump's own actions, time and time again, have shown that he is nothing but a self-serving salesman with no consideration for his investors/employees/anyone but himself - I guess that's what people want now-a-days in a leader - someone who can hit emotional talking points, but who's own record of action has been abysmal on any ethical actions. I find it a bit ironic someone who has an Idiocracy avatar (btw it is actually one of my favorite movies) actually supports Trump...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If he was a serious candidate , I also think Trump would lose to Hillary. Never the less I will address your points. Constitutionally Trump wouldn't fix anything. He would cut deals with Congress on issues like border security and tax reform.

If the USA is anything like NZ regulatory reform is desperately needed. So that being the case more deals would need to be done. The problem that Trump would face is to the degree which American politics has radicalised. Nutters like Ted Cruz rule the Republican Party. The GOP doesn't have a go to guy in Congress like Tip O'Neill was for the dems.

Trump would have to take to You Tube and communicate with the American people in the same kind of manner Reagan did when a political fight was looming. It's self evident that regardless of who is president fixing the immigration system would involve guest worker programs and enforcing existing laws around hiring illegal aliens.

Politically Trump wouldn't say a great deal about policy during the election. Doing so would only make him target for left wing media outlets like CNN. He would like Reagan stick to a core message very well.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

If he was a serious candidate , I also think Trump would lose to Hillary. Never the less I will address your points. Constitutionally Trump wouldn't fix anything. He would cut deals with Congress on issues like border security and tax reform.

If the USA is anything like NZ regulatory reform is desperately needed. So that being the case more deals would need to be done. The problem that Trump would face is to the degree which American politics has radicalised. Nutters like Ted Cruz rule the Republican Party. The GOP doesn't have a go to guy in Congress like Tip O'Neill was for the dems.

Trump would have to take to You Tube and communicate with the American people in the same kind of manner Reagan did when a political fight was looming. It's self evident that regardless of who is president fixing the immigration system would involve guest worker programs and enforcing existing laws around hiring illegal aliens.

Politically Trump wouldn't say a great deal about policy during the election. Doing so would only make him target for left wing media outlets like CNN. He would like Reagan stick to a core message very well.

Our you an EXPAT????

You seem to be quite educated on the BS of American politics.........

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Trump is arrogant, a narcissist....and a businessman. As a businessman, he donated to whoever could help the Trump...and whatever would give him a tax write-off.

Agreed.

Trump is bought and paid for by....Trump. His special interest is....himself and his business.

Yes.

)...and the country will be Trump's business if he is elected, and maybe he will treat it as such (in other words, he will decide things based on what is good for his business, and if that business is the U.S. than that is a good thing).

No. The country will be Trumps' business, and he might decide things based on what is his business, but his business-his ideals, are his alone and will have nothing to do with we, the people. You might think this is a good idea, but we are not a business-it won't be OUR business, but Trumps' alone. He will still only be doing what is best for him alone and at the expense of the taxpayers.

edit on 5-7-2015 by RobinB022 because: (sp)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

SARCASM AHEAD

But he's entertaining.... and everybody knows his name.

How do you think Arnold Swartzenagger (or for that matter - Ronnie Raygun) became Governer of California - for the entertainment value.

People don't think. It's not required by our masters.

So true so very sad and true

Heres the thing, if youre a liberal progressive and you like someone who is that and stands behind their principles, then by god vote for them at least you are voting for something you believe and someone who stands for what they say and has a plan....

Bernie Sanders is PERFECT for that.......I wouldnt vote for him, but by god the man knows his crap and knows his ideology and has a track record to prove it...

But to vote for someone who clearly doesnt represent what you believe , and has PROVEN it by his past, and then lies to your face, and not only offers platitudes , but doesnt offer any viable solutions?

I dont get it......

Rand Paul vs Bernie Sanders.......now THATS an election

Well I was trying to come up with someone on left that fit the profile and Martin Sheen is the only one I can think of - everybody loved Jeb Bartlett - he was the perfect president - the ratings said so.....

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Nope. Not winning lotto means I have been unable to visit the USA. I am Australian born. So my national ID straddles both countries.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone would ever really seriously vote for Trump, but then when I remember that 1 out of 4 Americans dont know the earth goes around the sun I sigh and understand he may have a voting base to work with LOL.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Sure enough, Trump has donated to left and right during his time in business, but that is all based on what he considers right, and thus equally well, I am more than sure, he will serve the purpose and interest for the whole nation and not just some interest groups and lobbyists. He forms his own opinions. He is not a follower, he is not a lamm taken to be slaughtered.

And more than this, I have no doubt, he will again be the patriot we really need. Somebody standing firm, and being able to formulate his own thought and vision, and get us moving forward.

Many things he says might not be what you want to hear. But, ignoring issues will never get them solved. Trump is a man who wants get things done - and has always formed his organisation around getting things done. Not for waving and handing over free checks or rolling thumbs - but getting things moving on and done.

His record on this is impeccable, and it is a delight to have a darn stubborn make-sense candidate like him in this insane game.
edit on 6-7-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

He admitted he "Loved Lobbyists! They made me a lot of money!". How many politicians would have the balls to say that even though they rake in the profits?

Most politicians aren't stupid enough to admit they can be bought like a whore on a street corner. But Donnie is that stupid.

But Buster...you got this backwards! Donald is admitting that he has been able to BUY the politicians like whores! At the same time making it CLEAR that he won't be selling himself to anyone!

Unless you took that as the Donald saying he has made his money by lobbyist payouts to him....and that would make no sense. That would be stupid, but that is not what he meant or what he said.

I think with that statement Trump makes it clear that he knows how the system works from the side of the manipulators.

I see this as only stating the truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Honestly, it doesn't matter. Social issues are increasingly important in national elections and Trump killed his chances as he was announcing his candidacy. You can't alienate voters like Romney did, and Trump did just that almost immediately. He has no chance of gaining the GOP ticket. He could run on another political platform or as independent, but the fringe parties have to gain some sort of traction in local elections, and have a positive impact, before anyone will take them seriously as Presidential candidates.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Vetting Donald Trump...well I suppose he will be vetted by many...and no matter what people say about him...he won't care...he is a tough guy. I personally don't think he will get the nomination...but I think he will make it to the debating stages.

The question is...who is really running this world? Here is a list of people that just may be those people...(scroll down the page a bit)

www.bilderbergmeetings.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join