It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Person Dies of Measles in U.S. Since 2003

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LibertasIntel

Would life-changing complications due to contracting such diseases also be considered part of the "rite of passage"?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Compared to a few hundred case on average per year of measles.

With a rate of 90%+ immunization (Source) it's no wonder that there is just a few cases (yet).
edit on 3-7-2015 by 4lk4tr43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Same sort of thing for me. Mumps and chicken pox for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Would life-changing complications due to contracting such diseases also be considered part of the "rite of passage"?

As some pro-vaccinator stated earlier; "darwinism" thins out the weak from the strong.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LibertasIntel

In fact I had the mumps too.

Mumps can cause sterility and deafness. Some rite of passage. "You have had the sickness, now you are a man. But you'll never be a father. I SAID, YOU'LL NEVER BE A FATHER."

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

It was a rite of passage for you??

Did people come to you and say "you have the sickness now you are a man"?

In fact I had the mumps too.

Did they give you a new name afterwards?

I bet Itchy and Scratchy were popular names.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Except that it's indiscriminate, and if they don't die, then no selection takes place.

I don't think you even know what "Darwinism" means...

Eugenics much, bro?
edit on 3-7-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Those taking vaccinations are artificially skewing evolution/darwinism. If they so worship this science they should stop getting the vaccinations and succumb to their sacred darwinism. They will be stronger for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I see.

You are science illiterate in more than one field.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And if you are anti-vaxxer, you shouldn't be allowed any access to health care or medicine. You've made your choice, live with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

I see.

You are science illiterate in more than one field.

Way over head bro.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Says the person who claims.

"Those taking vaccinations are artificially skewing evolution/darwinism."

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Those taking vaccinations are artificially skewing evolution/darwinism. If they so worship this science they should stop getting the vaccinations and succumb to their sacred darwinism. They will be stronger for it.

This is just nonsense. No one worships science, there is no such thing as "sacred darwinism," and no sane person argues that humankind should exist in a state of nature and be subject to natural selection. You have run out of arguments and you're trying to drum up support from creationists by associating public health measures with evilution.

Or maybe I just got Poe'd.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

If that's the case, there is a lot of Poe'ing going on at ATS. I feel like I need to add this to the end of my posts.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

This is just nonsense. No one worships science, there is no such thing as "sacred darwinism," and no sane person argues that humankind should exist in a state of nature and be subject to natural selection. You have run out of arguments and you're trying to drum up support from creationists by associating public health measures with evilution.

Or maybe I just got Poe'd.

I never really argued any position. I simply stated my observation that I survived measles, mumps and chickenpox. Others inferred that I was a scary "anti-vaccinator" amongst other accusations that I'm sterile, hard of hearing and cannot procreate offspring. My position is simple. Vaccination theory has been skewed for profit which produces toxic and sometimes lethal results on a certain percentage of the vaccinated population. Roll the dice to take chance on artificially preserving your position in the evolutionary chain.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
a reply to: hutch622
How do you catch something that is eradicated?

Internet?

It is being brought into the country by people who come from nations that do not vaccinate for the virus. Now with growing trend of people no wanting to get their shots a possible resurgence could occur. This is a good thing because it helps to clean out the gene pool.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Perhaps a bit more information concerning the overall health of this now dead person would help the debate here. Perhaps this woman received a vaccination. The elderly are now encouraged to be vaccinated. My elderly parents have a life long immunity but they are always being pressured to take an MMR.

The coroner found Measles, from what I can tell given the thin amount of information that you linked it may not have been the cause of death.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You know how she got it?
form some one would had just got a shot for Measles!

Thats the only reson the wont ever one to get a Measles shot.
And just think,
if the people who have had the shot travle to another country.
They are Spreading Measles around the world!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: GetHyped

This isn't about pro-vax or anti-vax. This is a personal liberty issue and is about our rights to determine what we do with our own bodies. If people don't see the can of worms they open up when they cede the rights to their own body to government on this issue then they don't understand a damn thing about freedom and the right to self-determination. Government will use this as a precedence to force people into all kinds of other procedures in the future. It's what they do.

Try that argument when you're ticketed for driving without a seatbelt.

Some people are so stupid they need protection from themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Some people are so stupid they need protection from themselves.

Don't you think that comment is a little bigoted?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join