It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Veteran with PTSD Faces Life in Prison for less than an ounce of Pot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Awesome story! You got one over on that asshole. He was CLEARLY profiling you and by staying calm and responding with the correct responses, he had to back down. If more people realized this and reacted appropriately when confronted by asshole police, I'd bet the incidents of police brutality we see on Youtube would be a lot lower. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel smug knowing that officer couldn't get his way for once.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

This kind of overtly totalitarian bull crap really gets my goat.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Yeah we have some stuff a little backwards here in Oklahoma. Still drinking 3.2 beer and insane MJ laws.

Just read about the other parts to the story though and if he did chase his wife with a knife then he needs to be punished for that but if it was due to PTSD then he needs help. Big time. Maybe MJ would be good for him to claim him down.

I have quite a bit of combat vet friends and some of them have bad to severe PTSD and MJ helps them a lot. A LOT.

Oklahoma needs to get on the ball and start changing things for the better. Been seeing some dumb news coming out from this great state and it saddens me.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
One those things my mom taught me that I never forgot. kill them with kindness. I'll be damned if it doesn't work most of the time.

It did feel good driving away from the situation with my dignity intact.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

How can you get life in prison and no punishment at all for the same "crime" in two different places in the same nation?

Exactly.

And also of note, is that the value of a human spending 20 years - entire lifespan in prison, according to Oklahoma seems to be $25,000 maximum...charming little backwards state you have there folks.

But as always, if people in Oklahoma don't enjoy their backwards, crooked, almost inhuman politics..don't bloody elect the nutters who implement it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join