It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Veteran with PTSD Faces Life in Prison for less than an ounce of Pot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: alienjuggalo

A man who served his country is now punished by the country he served.

There are so many words to describe this but I can't think of one at the moment, I really can't...

If you do not want to be punished, I suggest you not chase anyone with a knife! Open your eyes, deny being ignorant to the facts of the case and not what some agenda pushing hounds want you to believe.

I said in the OP there was probably more to the story, and your are right he should be punished for domestic violence.

But his big charge is cultivation of weed 20 to life, and to me none of that other stuff matters because they would have charged him with this whether he chased his wife around with a knife or not.

His wife is saying now the cops forced her to say all that or they would charge her as well. She is also saying the pictures the police released at the time showed all his tomato plants to make it look like a huge operation.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
I said in the OP there was probably more to the story, and your are right he should be punished for domestic violence.

But his big charge is cultivation of weed 20 to life, and to me none of that other stuff matters because they would have charged him with this whether he chased his wife around with a knife or not.

His wife is saying now the cops forced her to say all that or they would charge her as well. She is also saying the pictures the police released at the time showed all his tomato plants to make it look like a huge operation.

The wife should have known that the police would target her, as well, for arrest. Why did she think that the police would help her in this "lose-lose" situation? She was certainly in danger, but was she in more danger from her knife wielding husband OR in danger from the intentions of police whom could potentially have taken her children away forever?

During the hiring phase, Law Enforcement Agencies are purposely "selecting" people for employment, whom have personalities that are most likely to hyper focus on boosting their "arrest rate", leading to improved chances at promotions and raises. This "arrest rate" boosting is done through the guise of Tickets, False Arrests and "Terry Stops". This is a process that functions EXACTLY like "commissions" do for sales people. Serving the community is an afterthought for most LEO's looking to get promoted and those that do not focus on Tickets, Arrests and "Terry Stops" are quickly driven out of departments.

Anyone who thinks different, in the USA, is a fool and deserves the consequences of their naivete.
edit on 2-7-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

(post by catjuggler removed for a manners violation)
(post by alienjuggalo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Is there any proof he was chasing his wife with a knife? Wives OFTEN tell lies, especialy when they're thinking about divorce!

Is there any proof (if he did have a knife) that he was chasing his wife with the intention of using the knife on her? Maybe he was preparing veg in the kitchen with a knife, then wifey upsets him and he chases after her, with knife in hand but no intention to use it?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions? If not we should not be judging the man!

edit on 2-7-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Especially since the wife is saying he never laid a hand on her. and if she tries to rescind the charges she will be charged with cultivation and her kids taken.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
I'm all for states rights, but this kind of crap has got to stop. The hypocrisy is off the charts. This needs to be fixed with nationwide legalization for medical and recreational. Booze which kills thousands a year in drunk driving is legal but bud isn't?
When things don't make sense, follow the money and you'll find your answer.

Why can't people follow up on that and publicize it. It leads to Washington DC. That's why.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

It seems ridiculous that you could drive a couple hundred miles across one state border and smoke it in front of a cop and not get arrested. But get life in the other state..

WTF??

This is 'Murica dude.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Especially since the wife is saying he never laid a hand on her. and if she tries to rescind the charges she will be charged with cultivation and her kids taken.

And now we even know that pot is not just bad for our health, but that's bad for our family as well.

Obey!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

A marine corps combat veteran who has done 3 tours for our country including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is facing life in prison for less than an ounce of weed.

Thank you for your service. Now bend over and prepare to receive our gratitude.

Serving ones country should never be a get-out-of-jail-free-card, but had I been a cop, it sure as heck would have made me overlook those plants, that was not even relevant for why the police was there in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

A marine corps combat veteran who has done 3 tours for our country including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is facing life in prison for less than an ounce of weed.

Thank you for your service. Now bend over and prepare to receive our gratitude.

Serving ones country should never be a get-out-of-jail-free-card, but had I been a cop, it sure as heck would have made me overlook those plants, that was not even relevant for why the police was there in the first place.

ty. How easy would it be for a cop to say ty for your 3 tours of service, I will be back if those plants are still there you will be arrested.

That would have accomplished the same thing, the guy wouldnt be growing pot anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well, it doesn't sound like the pot was helping him at all with his PTSD. He made a choice. He should have stayed on the drugs his doctors prescribed instead of self medicating.

Now I don't agree with the harshness of the sentence. It should have been just a fine.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Well, it doesn't sound like the pot was helping him at all with his PTSD. He made a choice. He should have stayed on the drugs his doctors prescribed instead of self medicating.

Now I don't agree with the harshness of the sentence. It should have been just a fine.

Well since the plants only had less than ounce total, he obviously wasnt smoking those yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Keep in mind, Oklahoma is also one of the states suing Colorado for having legal weed. Because it allegedly "creates an unsafe driving environment through Oklahoma." They prove this because they have to dedicate resources to pulling kids over coming out of Colorado and search them for weed.

Oklahoma, leading the way in anti-freedom measures.

Yep, there's many states doing this. I was pulled over in Tennessee with Co plates by a trooper that was over zealous to say the least. He made up a bunch of crap he said I was doing wrong e.g.; not passing a semi fast enough but said I was speeding (apparently I was guilty for being a moving contradiction), not having lights on (daytime, barely a sprinkle that had already stopped), no blinker as he pulled me over to shoulder (blinker was on when I started vehicle back up) and something else I don't remember. I was not ticketed for any of it and in hindsight he had an agenda.

When I started to leave, he asked to search my truck bed, which has a cover over it. I asked him politely "what his probable cause was?" It caught him off guard a little, he began to explain the problems they have with weed being smuggled into the state from people from Co. and because I have Co. plates he would like to have a look. My reply was "Well that would be profiling wouldn't it?" He got a look of frustration and didn't answer me. I asked if I was free to go and he said in a pissed off tone " do you have any illegal drugs on you?" I replied "no" and he muttered "yeah, your free to go". So...... yeah, some states are all over people with Co. plates.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In Oklahoma Second degree murder only carries a 10 year to life sentencing. Guess he should have killed someone instead of trying to grow his own medicinal substances, his sentence would be less. This is f#ked up.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

And the police could have likely tried to push her into this in order to paint a war veteran as a violent criminal.

I am not going to say that he is a perfect person that seen bad things and now needs a 'medicine'. That would be moronic. I will say that he is a person, flawed as any of us, who has found a substance that quells his demons effectively and I highly doubt his marijuana use would have led to this violent action if it were not mixed with other psychotropic substances that he was most likely prescribed for PTSD.

If anything, this story illustrates the results of modern warfare on the human psyche, and the inability of the military to properly train or weed out those who cannot handle the existential threat and stress of modern combat. To that I might add that without a completely zealous belief (whether it be Chivalry, Bushido or Militant Islam) this will be the fate of more and more soldiers in modern military and modern campaigns because "Fighting the Terrorists!" is simply not enough of a rallying call for the inhuman acts they must commit and participate in for their "country".

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

BLACKMAILING accusations out of people? I wonder how many years you get for that in Oklahoma!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

A man who served his country is now punished by the country he served.

There are so many words to describe this but I can't think of one at the moment, I really can't...

If you do not want to be punished, I suggest you not chase anyone with a knife! Open your eyes, deny being ignorant to the facts of the case and not what some agenda pushing hounds want you to believe.

You know what people lie under stress,this woman is regretting calling the boys in blue on this one as it has bitten her on the ass and so it should have,it is sad for the kids to be caught in the middle of this as they are the only ones who lose out......

And as it seems it has come out she was not in danger and the cops want to get their arrest so it does not equate to time wasting...

But hey that was so awesome of you to lay out judgement with absolutely no clue as to what really happened...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join