It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As small as a grain of sand......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Skid Mark

Imagine, with enough heat that can become glass.

Okay, I imagined it.

I guess I'd prefer it just remain as it is.

hahaha
that made me Lol.

great thread day today.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Me, too. Less chance of cutting your feet up in its natural state.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I'm glad.

Can't cry all the time, right???

Might as well enjoy the ride. It's so brief.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Me, too. Less chance of cutting your feet up in its natural state.

Yes - but it can be so HOT on bare feet, even if it's not turning to glass!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the positive buzz. I took a lot of very close up flower photographs. Most of the flowers were only a few yards from my house. I was asked if I'd been abroad because they looked so exotic. Things like this show us that incredible beauty is all around us.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Things like this show us that incredible beauty is all around us.

Quite. And it's getting harder and harder for people to be able to slow down enough to appreciate it.
Thanks for participating......

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If we are biological survival machines, shaped by evolutionary forces, why do we have a concept of abstract beauty at all?

There is so much beauty in this world that has nothing to do with survival.

I'd posit that an artistic soul is indicative of something other than emergent processes.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
S&F. I'm astonished.

All those days spent at the beach getting annoyed at sand stuck in my butt crack.

Now I feel privileged to have such beauty stuck in the most awkward of places.

edit on 1/7/2015 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

It looks like some of those are actually shells but it's still cool. Imagine, with enough heat that can become glass.

Imagine what your glass is all made of!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So beautiful...

I almost can't stand it

:-)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Very impressive. I always trip out when I see something that normally can't be seen with the naked eye. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Wow, first one looks like an oddly shaped hard-boiled egg. One looks like a snail shell. One looks like a miniature corn cobb, and another like a honeycomb. Very interesting indeed!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That was a beautifully borderline scientific explanation of the appreciation and search of beauty.

Beautiful post.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

One looks like a miniature corn cobb, and another like a honeycomb. Very interesting indeed!

I noticed those similarities, too!

A few weeks ago my husband and I went to an estate sale nearby, and the garden was full of rocks. Dozens of rocks, each different. The guy said his mother collected them all on trips with the family....his dad driving, she'd be looking out the window and then cry "Rooooock!". His dad would pull over, back up, and she'd retrieve whatever had caught her eye.

There were several very nice corals, a geode (topaz quartz) the size of a volleyball (half of it, anyway), several chunks of petrified wood, some agate, granite lumps, and things I have not yet identified. I wanted them. We waited until the very end of the day and then went back. Asked what he'd accept for them....

he said $40. I said, "done."

So we brought them home. The next week, my daughter and I were looking at them together and she suddenly looked up and said, "dibs!" (which in our family means "bequeath this to me" - like a claim).....

I need to catalog and identify them all. Would love it if a fossil/geologist could help me do that.

Anyway, yes, even rocks we CAN see are beautiful in their way. Lots of fossils in this collection, too.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'd agree with that position. One does need to take pause and realize that if nothing else, we are a creative bunch. Not the only specie that is creative, but certainly on an apparently different plane of it.

Thanks for commenting!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Why should anyone care about that beauty which is in constant flow to be taken away.

What use is beauty without the delusion you are happy too enjoy it.

If you just see beauty and it makes you so dam happy, you are flat out living in a place where you are sure to not make it TRULY beautiful.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ah, those are lovely

Much prettier than my avatar in their full colour.
...although the sand in my pic is from my local beach so it's always special to me. Thanks for sharing here.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Stalking me just to troll, bro?
Comment fail.
Take it back to the mudpit and leave us alone to admire the planet. Thanks ever so much.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You are welcome! I like your avy, too - like looking at it, and have noticed it before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join