It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As small as a grain of sand......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Guys, check this out.
This photographer takes microscopic photos of grains of sand. And it's absolutely beautiful.

www.boredpanda.com...

Isn't it beautiful???

Comparing something to a grain of sand is usually supposed to mean that it’s small or insignificant, but Dr. Gary Greenberg’s microscopic photography aims to turn this stereotype on its head. His photographs of miniscule grains of sands magnified up to 300 times reveal that each grain of sand can be beautiful and unique.

So much we are incapable of seeing in this beautiful world. I also just watched a video - a sea turtle with a camera on its back swimming in the great Australian reef.

Why do so few people CARE about this planet's beauty? It makes me so sad.
Please share your thoughts, or not, but at least please behold the awesomeness that is there in the tiniest of things.

It actually makes me get teary-eyed, and my heart swell up. I will miss this beautiful place when it's my time to go.

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: trying link again. if anyone can get round the 'forbidden' and post the link, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Why do so few people CARE about this planet's beauty? It makes me so sad.
Please share your thoughts, or not, but at least please behold the awesomeness that is the in the tiniest of things.

It actually makes me get teary-eyed, and my heart swell up. I will miss this beautiful place when it's my time to go.

They don't know they are beautiful.. How could anything else be?
Your last sentence just made me sad..
I'm glad you can see.
It's so beautiful sometimes it's too much.

your link give me error..

www.boredpanda.com... / magnified-sand-grains-microscope-photography-dr-gary-greenberg

This one..

mmmmmm

edit on 1-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
That is mind blowing!

S&F

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh wow. Didn't know the link wouldn't work.
oh well, go to www.boredpanda.com to see more.

Thanks for clarifying that!!

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Probably 90% of "those grains of sand" in that picture are broken down pieces of garbage and trash from us over our exsistance.

Wall-E

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thank you for this! Nature is so amazing and never fails to fill me with awe. My dad used to say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but if we refuse to behold we will never know beauty." I used to wonder what he meant by that... not anymore!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

How beautiful. Wow

The link doesn't work, at least I get a Forbidden Message when I click on it.

So many treat our planet like it's their own personal garbage dump and have no respect for nature. I know this first hand, I've been hiking and camping for over 45 years. Sheeeesh!!!!

Anyway how beautiful.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Based on the pictures it's mostly life forms, that passed away, and the shells of their former existence having been tossed and slammed and scraped, were broken down into soft dead life sand for new life to walk on.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wonder if a regular cheapo microscope will amplify sand like those pics?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Going to the beach tomorrow, now I want to bring a microscope.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

The sand is magnified 300 times, but you would only see a cross section at that level..
They are using some 3D microscope??
edit on 1-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Certainly worth a try! I have an old school microscope I picked up at a thrift store. .....
(and I don't mean oldskool, I mean it's an old microscope formerly used in a school). LOL!!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Probably 90% of "those grains of sand" in that picture are broken down pieces of garbage and trash from us over our exsistance.

Not sure what your point is.
We are certainly a trashy species, though.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Not sure what your point is.
We are certainly a trashy species, though.
Well I may be eccentric and dress funny by some people's standards, but nobody has ever called me "trashy" before. LMAO

And yes we are, most assuredly.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

They are using some 3D microscope??

Apparently so! Good call

he invented the high-definition 3D microscopes that he takes his pictures on, resulting in 18 U.S. patents under his name.

Really sorry the link doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Really sorry the link doesn't work.

I posted the full link in my first response. just use everything after and including / in the address bar after going to the main panda site..

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It looks like some of those are actually shells but it's still cool. Imagine, with enough heat that can become glass.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is the definition of eye candy. I don't know why, but it is. It makes the visual cortex in my brain just feel good looking at these pics. Not the same way as a beautiful landscape or a piece of art, am I the only one that feels this way?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Nope! You're not the only one.
It's like an unlocked mystery. Land- and seascapes are lovely also, and often overwhelmingly beautiful....but to be shown what we can't see unaided is such a treat! Eye candy indeed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Imagine, with enough heat that can become glass.

Okay, I imagined it.

I guess I'd prefer it just remain as it is.

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join