It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Star Of Bethlehem - Closest Conjunction Of Venus & Jupiter In 2,000 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
June 30th and July 1st, 2015

This is pretty exciting, although they are not actually close, of course, from our perspective they will be a third of a degree apart...

After an absence of roughly 2000 years the Star of Bethlehem may soon be making a return to our night skies on June 30, 2015 — to be more specific Venus and Jupiter will be making their tightest highly visible conjunction in nearly two millennia.

The reference to the Star of Bethlehem is with regard to the fact that there was a very similar ultratight conjunction between the two — and close by the star Regulus (as this one will be), and high up in the sky (as this will be as well) — in 3-2 BC. Some astronomers have in the past speculated that this earlier conjunction is what the “Star of Bethlehem” referred to.

planetsave.com...

Will this signal the return of Jesus?

They get closest together around 03:00 UTC on July 1 (which is in the evening in the U.S. on June 30). At that point they’ll be about 17 arcminutes apart (there are 60 arcminutes to a degree, so the Moon is 30 arcminutes in size). Through a telescope they’ll be amazing. They should both fit easily under low power. Jupiter’s disk will show stripes, the moons will be visible, and Venus will shine in a waning crescent phase.

Perhaps an early warning? They get even closer next year, 8/27/16!

This is the closest the pair have been for a while … but just wait until next year. They’ll get an incredible 4 arcminutes apart on Aug. 27! That’s during the day here in the U.S., but should be visible with binoculars or a telescope. So think of this month as a warmup.

www.slate.com...

It seems to me everything is happening at a quicker and quicker pace....Many signs abound concerning the coming end times.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

This is nice, thanks. Hopefully it won't be a cloudy night. I've watched them get closer for awhile now, and saw the moon in a nice triangle formation with them several nights ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
THEY put my thread into the religious catagory about this.
I also included the telling fact THE ARE NOW rebuilding the temple.
www.breakingisraelnews.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9640000002830America/ChicagoSun, 28 Jun 2015 17:09:28 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Wouldn't they need to get rid of the Dome of the rock before rebuilding the temple? Also they are going to need more than a 100K to rebuild it. People wanting to make sacrifices to God how barbaric.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Link to your thread?

This may end up there too, but it is an astronomical event, and it is a very good theory of this event being the "Star Of Bethlehem"...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Link to your thread?

This may end up there too, but it is an astronomical event, and it is a very good theory of this event being the "Star Of Bethlehem"...

At the Very least this is Astronomy.
So, I will be looking out back the next few nights and see if I can catch the sight.
Should be near the moon right? Or at least towards the general direction the sun sets?

Religious stuff and me don't always mix, but I like to take it all in anyway.
My life has been curiouser and curiouser lately.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Wouldn't they need to get rid of the Dome of the rock before rebuilding the temple? Also they are going to need more than a 100K to rebuild it. People wanting to make sacrifices to God how barbaric.

Maybe not.

askelm.com...

Biblical and literary accounts dogmatically place the site of all the Temples over the Gihon Spring just north of the ancient City of David (Zion) and on the southeastern ridge of Jerusalem.

But yes, they will resume "Old Testament" animal sacrifice. How do I know? Because it was predicted 2,000 years ago that Israel would be devastated, the people scattered throughout the world and persecuted, and in the end generation they would miraculously become a nation again and hold Jerusalem as their capital. Once that nation had been established, the Generation who saw this this shall not pass and see the fulfillment. Because if Jesus did not intervene, there would be no flesh left alive on earth.

The Anti-Christ will stop the sacrifices in the new Jewish Temple...

This is all predicted and happening right in front of our eyes.

edit on 28-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

At least no-ones claiming it is Nibiru

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Op is slightly misleading.

A Jupiter-Venus conjunction isn't that rare.

It's the grouping of three seperate conjunctions that is rare, and the last time that happened was 3-2BC.

The first has already happened on August 18th last year.

So if this one is an early warning, what was that one? A rehearsal?

If anything, these events prove just how insignificant our religions and wars are.

edit on 28/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Op is slightly misleading.
A Jupiter-Venus conjunction isn't that rare.
It's the grouping of three seperate conjunctions that is rare, and the last time that happened was 3-2BC.

The first has already happened on August 18th this year.
So if this one is an early warning, what was that one? A rehearsal?

What?

In my timeline August is after June and July.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I've fixed it.

August 18 2014

Clearly it was meant to be last year..

edit on 28/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Reverbs

I've fixed it.

August 18 2014

Clearly it was meant to be last year..

only clear if you say last year. You could have been confused in other angles. I didn't know which word was wrong. Maybe you meant April?

Thanks for the Link

And after reading your link, it was 1/3 of a degree last year..
It's closer this year.. 1/4 of a degree..
And will be the closest next year.. 1/15 of a degree..

This supports the OP.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Funny you say that. I was on my way home from a gathering last night and was astounded at the view of these two planets so close. It was so bright and both objects looked so big, I briefly entertained the idea of a Nibiru sighting. Don't worry, I snapped out of it very quickly.

Thanks OP for the background info. Looking forward to the next couple of nights. Great post!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll be checking it out tonight here in Louisiana, in 2 nights it should be awesome...

I'm sure we have some astronomers here on ATS willing to post pics/videos as they observe it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

To find them, step outside just after sunset and look west. Don't wait until the sky fades to black. A tight conjunction of Venus and Jupiter framed by twilight blue has a special beauty that you won't want to miss.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm surrounded by trees.
I could hardly find the moon.

There are only a few angles I can look through, if they so happen to go that way lol.

I'll have to get my barrings, and try somewhere else as this gets closer together.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I saw this tonight and thought it was two comets coming straight for Earth! Then again, I did watch Deep Impact today

Amazing sight to see!

Thanks for the post! s&f!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Here you go..www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join