It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Star Of Bethlehem - Closest Conjunction Of Venus & Jupiter In 2,000 Years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Okay, it's amazingly bright & clear here in La., these crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice-

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

How much of a degree are the two separated in your photos? If the closest they'll get is 1/4 of a degree, what are they tonight? Thanks for the pics.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Whoa...

Nice pics.

OK I'm going out tomorrow and the next day..
That's too cool to miss.

I know I can find a better view somewhere around here.
Luckily this is a dark place.
When I see it, it will be GLOWING.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Op is slightly misleading.

A Jupiter-Venus conjunction isn't that rare.

It's the grouping of three seperate conjunctions that is rare, and the last time that happened was 3-2BC.

The first has already happened on August 18th last year.

So if this one is an early warning, what was that one? A rehearsal?

If anything, these events prove just how insignificant our religions and wars are.

Could not have said that better myself.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Could not have said that better myself.

I hope that's not true..

The OP talks about this year and next.. The post you quote is the 3rd closest these planets will be in 2014.. Since 3-2BC..
This year is Closer than that and is the second closest.
Next year is the Closest, and 5 times closer together than 2014....

That is what the op is pointing to.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Going to break out the spotting scope & tripod for a better look tonight.

I think the bottom right light on the photos above are the 2 planets so close together they appear as one in the pics...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Op is slightly misleading.

A Jupiter-Venus conjunction isn't that rare.

It's the grouping of three seperate conjunctions that is rare, and the last time that happened was 3-2BC.

The first has already happened on August 18th last year.

So if this one is an early warning, what was that one? A rehearsal?

If anything, these events prove just how insignificant our religions and wars are.

Yes, the conjunction is supposed to occur twice, just like it did 2,000 years ago. I believe it's due to retrograde, or retrograde motion where Earth's orbit "catches up" to the outer planets and passes them.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi Signals. This is a cool thread. So which direction to look and can it be seen without a telescope?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

Due west, shortly after sunset, you can't miss it. It is difficult to distinguish the two with the naked eye, because they are so close...looks like a bright "star". I'm assuming you are in North America? Not sure how this works on other parts of this rock.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
a reply to: maybee

Due west, shortly after sunset, you can't miss it. It is difficult to distinguish the two with the naked eye, because they are so close...looks like a bright "star". I'm assuming you are in North America? Not sure how this works on other parts of this rock.

Thanks. Yep, in West Tennessee area.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

More from the mythology lore

Through the centuries there has been plenty of speculation about the significance of these two planets getting together. After all, Jupiter is a king in Greek and Roman mythology, and Venus is the goddess of beauty in Roman mythology. Not a bad match, which may be why they keep trying one more time. A conjunction of Venus and Jupiter more than 2,000 years ago still fuels some explanations for the Star of Bethlehem. But that conjunction has been recorded as taking place on June 17, 2 B.C., and is probably not close enough.

source: vineyardgazette.com...

Btw...I recommend reading this neat article in full...

Anyway what I wanted to point out is that Zeus (Jupiter) and Aphrodite(Venus) will be getting close once more. There is a source from a Roman era author by the name of Nonnus where Zeus apparently wanted to do Aphrodite but she escaped him and his seed was spilt on the ground in Cyprus from which a generation of wild creatures with horns was born...thought to be the Centaurs.

Nonnus, Dionysiaca 5. 611 ff (trans. Rouse) (Greek epic C5th A.D.) : "Wild his (Zeus) desire had been for Kypris (Aphrodite), when craving but not attaining he scattered his seed on the ground, and shot out the hot foam of love self-sown, where in the fruitful land horned Kypros flourished the two-coloured generation of wild creatures with horns."

So is this nothing more than tales or can we expect another missed shot from Jupiter that will result in birth of creatures with horns on earth?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Thanks for the info...Yes, that's all we need, more devils running about!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Thanks for the info...Yes, that's all we need, more devils running about!

Horny devils no doubt.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Nice i saw those two stars a couple of nights ago, and yes it was super bright i couldn't stop looking at it, makes me wish i had telescope.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

roughly 2000 years, huh?

Very interesting

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Saw them last night, pretty impressive even in the light washout of the suburbs.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: teslarocks

I'm pleased that your idea was a transient one...
lol

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

For the Star of Bethlehem, the important point would be that the two planets are conjunct in Leo (Judah). For some of the ancients this conjunction repeated would mean a royal birth to a nation whose sign or emblem is the Lion (Leo). So the first conjunction in 3 B.C. would be a sort of announcement of coming events, and second conjunction in 2 B.C. would signify the royal birth. I understand the this conjunction's proximity to Regulus was also very, very important for the ancients who divined significant births from the stars in their courses.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Kapriti because: grammar

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The New King of Israel has already risen....according to Canadian Prime Minister steve harper's followers.
Screen shot from The conservative Party of Canada's Facebook page.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
im not much of an astronomer but im pretty sure i saw this last night on my way home from work about 8pm on the lower middle east coast of Australia. It really stood out to me and i'd never noticed it before, i was sure it was Venus but unsure what else. It was so large and bright that at first i thought it may have been a low flying helicopter a few km's away with a search light. Is anyone familiar with astronomy able to confirm if thats likely what i saw? Im 100 miles North of Sydney right on the coast.

Thanks

<< 1    3 >>

join