It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lays the Smackdown on Univision! Boo-yah!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
this made me lol

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Forbes (born circa 1952) is a farmer, part-time salmon fisherman and quarry worker from near Balmedie in Aberdeenshire, Scotland who became known after his refusal to sell his land to billionaire Donald Trump who is planning to build an extensive luxury golf course complex in the area.[1][2] Forbes's farm, which is said by Trump to be in a state of disrepair,[3] has the words "NO GOLF COURSE" painted on a shed.[4]

He attracted media attention in the United States for standing up to Trump. Forbes has insisted that he will "never sell" his land to Trump despite being offered a payment £450,000 in addition to a salary of £50,000 per year for an unspecified job.[5] The plans to build the golf complex were rejected in late November 2007 by Aberdeenshire Council but were later called in by the Scottish Government, who gave approval in November 2008.[6] He has been compared to the beachcomber character in the film Local Hero.[5]

In August 2011, contractors hired by Trump fenced off a piece of land belonging to Forbes [7] despite Forbes having the title deeds.

The Trump organization is now closing in on Forbes's home and have threatened to try to use a compulsory purchase order to forcibly remove him and his family from their land. Trump claimed that Forbes's property was a slum that would spoil the view from his new hotel. Forbes retorted that Trump can "shove his money up his arse."[8] The Tripping Up Trump Campaign[9] have banded together to challenge the Trump organization on this issue.

Forbes and his struggle with Trump features in the award winning documentary You've Been Trumped, directed by Anthony Baxter and produced by Richard Phinney[10]

His portrait with his wife Sheila by Alicia Bruce is held in The National Galleries of Scotland collection[11]

In 2012, Forbes won the 'Top Scot' award at the Glenfiddich Spirit of Scotland Awards,[12] provoking a strongly worded response from Trump[13][14]

Trump is a POS. So I guess this is still on going? No golf course yet I presume.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Trump can just run us into more debt and file bankruptcy for a fifth time like he does in his personal life. Deadbeats are deadbeats, but 4 times is 3 too many for anyone to consider it a fluke. He is a verified failure living a bailed-out life.

If you can't keep your own books straight, how in the world do you think he can do it with the country's money.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh my, yes... Trump is such the reflective, wise statesman who lives for subtlety and has really pondered the solutions to the big problems facing mankind. He also possesses the gravitas and awareness to effectively lead a large, diverse group of people with radically opposing views of the world.

He's exactly the kind of stable individual I want having nuclear launch codes, too...

and in case there are some Trump-ish individuals reading this, this is highly sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

It's "up and running", ah well limping, as far as I know.

POS?
You are being "To Kind" to Mr. Trump..... don't boost his ego..............

edit on 6272015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

edit on 6272015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Donald Trump would be absolutely hands down the worst President in history for international relations.

He flies off the handle at the smallest thing, and can't bear the thought that someone has a viewpoint different from his own.

If anyone criticizes him, they're labelled a "moron" or "stupid" as a matter of course.

Trump would be an absolute DISASTER as President.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
4 bankruptcies, 4 wives.

And he's running on his business record and right wing family values.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I've always thought of him as a kind of "local colour" for the states. A savvy yet gauche businessman.

But a world leader? Hardly. Stay in your towers Donald, and do what you're good at. Making money, and self-promoting.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
He's a self-serving salesman who worries about no one but himself - and this is a man some would say would be good for this country, that he's something different. He is the epitome of a politician - our politicians have been nothing but self-serving salesmen for quite a while, now. We don't want anyone with any type of actual integrity, any real conviction beyond their own profit - No, we'd rather have Salesmen who know how to hit upon emotional talking points, that mean absolutely nothing, while serving no one but themselves and their power base. Trump's record on telling people what they want to hear is impeccable, his record on actually following through, not so good when it's not in his best interest.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

This morning I watched 2 hours of him, his vice president and three other investors up in front of the Scottish Parliament Committee explaining why their wind turbine plan is ridiculous and is infringing on his plans to build the golf course. He was caught in several lies so it was interesting to see how he reacts when he's clearly b.sing. I watched it to get a sense of the man while doing business and what he would be like as president. A real first class A-hole that's for sure. At one point he starts spouting off about "facts" and when asked where the evidence and experts are, he replies "I am the evidence and the expert" Arrogant guy.

If anyone's interested

edit on 27-6-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

It's a damn shame that one can't see what's going on under that hair (??????????) of his, while the lips are flapping.
On the other hand, perhaps it's better not to know and not having to deal with the nightmares..............

He's creepy (being PC here), but even more creepy are those folks with their tongues up his butt crack................

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Trump is actually working in Jeb Bush's favor. By taking all the oxygen out of the room Bush campaign can quietly prepare for the slog ahead. Jeb is really the only member of the GOP field who is really in the contest to win the nomination. The rest are looking to build there national profile possible with 2020 in mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Rand Paul is making an honest run at it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: xpert11

Rand Paul is making an honest run at it.

Rand and not Trump is the wild card in the GOP field. I think Rand either wants to be a leader in the Senate or he has the 2020 race in mind. Rand isn't quite ready for the big stage , yet. He is developing some sound foreign policy ideas around giving more support to the Kurds. He does need a more concrete position on Russia's invasion of the Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join