It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Fromabove

But religion doesn't make Laws for everybody. the states that don't allow discrimination it's against the law to deny public services to someone

You are just not understanding this; the States have been devolved of power and an illegal law by the Federal government has usurped State Law. This has nothing to do with the rights of people to marry; this is much larger.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

We have the Gay Touch!!

With great power comes great responsibility...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The first injunction to Christians is to love their god with all their heart, soul and mind.

The second injunction to Christians is to love other people the same way they love themselves.

These are the two directives that Jesus Christ actually gave to his followers, and he stated, directly that within these two commandments was all the law, the prophets, etc. (the Jewish Torah, et. al.).

That is what the bible tells Christians to do. It does not say word one about telling others how to live their lives, or to judge them as being less than good, or to refuse to do business with others because you think they may commit "sin."

That was the Good News that I was taught. That we are all god's children, and that we are brought together, all of us, in a family by his love.

I can't tell you the last time I heard any of that message from a "Christian."

I see you have turned loving thy neighbor into supporting their sins. That's not a very loving thing to do when you believe those sins will make them wind up in eternal damnation. See you have to take the whole belief, you can't just flip part of it and claim you win and no one is Christian.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuals because they would have been stoned if caught. But Paul, His Apostle did in Romans 1:18-32 did and in other places it is inferred. To the Christian it is a sinful lustful carnal craving. Romans 1 says that it is the final step before destruction of the soul and being damned forever if the person refuses to turn from it in defiance to God. Romans 1 says that at some point God will give that person over and they can never be saved.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ooops...! I just heard that Alabama is voting to extricate itself out of the marriage business leaving it to notary publics and religious clerics. back to square one again. And since the Supreme Court has just ruled that religious persons cannot be forced to marry homosexuals, they will refuse to do so.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

But religion doesn't make Laws for everybody. the states that don't allow discrimination it's against the law to deny public services to someone

You are just not understanding this; the States have been devolved of power and an illegal law by the Federal government has usurped State Law. This has nothing to do with the rights of people to marry; this is much larger.

So what if the state you reside in decides to pass a law that requires confiscation of all guns from law-abiding gun owners? Does states rights allow them to do that?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

MonkeyFishFrog: Why aren't you all out protesting non-Christian marriages? Why aren't you kicking up a fuss about Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs or even Atheists from getting married?

vhb: Who is "YOU ALL"? What about non-Christian marriages and what universe are you from that says Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs and Atheists cannot be married (TO EACH OTHER).

MonkeyFishFrog: I'm addressing in particular the people who have a Christian based objection to the SCOTUS ruling. Only 60% of all marriages that occur in the US of A - currently - are religious so that must be broken down into the several different major religions while 40% of all marriages are civil (non-religious). I'm just wondering where the sense of entitlement and territoriality comes from with this group and why it is that it is only same-sex marriages they visibly and vocally protest.

They probably are simply uninformed; and do not understand why Gays and Lesbians have no idea as to the IDEA of what "Common Law" means or entails legally (who am I to say). As far as I am concerned it means an opportunity to mine a new resource (more money for lawyers to have to dissolve these unions) [just like ANY other marriage that is irretrievable]. Not understanding your religious focus on this.
edit on 28-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I resolve you from caring about my eternal damnation in the name of Love!

please, if it means less hate, stop caring about our Eternal damnation

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove

Two things:

1. We are not all of God's children, only those who turn from sin and have dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ as Lord. The Bible is clear on that.

2. I would never make love to a man nor approve of it. So it stand to reason that if I care that much about myself I would discourage anyone else from such behavior. Loving your neighbor means to care about their life as I would my own. I do, and that;s why I am writing on the thread.

1. Quote that from your bible please.

2. Who cares if you "approve" of what other people do? Why do you think anyone is interested in your opinion, and why do you think you have a right, because of your religion, to condemn anyone else? If you don't want to have relations with your own sex, bully for you. Don't. The same Jesus that said "love others as you love yourself" also said "judge not that you not be judged." He repeatedly instructed that until you are without sins of your own, that you are to leave the sins of others to them to sort out between their own conscious conscience and/or their own god.

Why do you pick and choose from what parts of god's word you wish to follow?

edit on 21Sun, 28 Jun 2015 21:48:58 -050015p092015666 by Gryphon66 because: Birws

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

So what if the state you reside in decides to pass a law that requires confiscation of all guns from law-abiding gun owners? Does states rights allow them to do that?

You don't understand the constitution. The judicial branch can't make laws or amendments they basically made sexual orientation a protected class. other such classes have required amendments for such status. The judicial branch has usurped power from the legislative and executive branche's as well as from the states who marriage has always fallen to.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I resolve you from caring about my eternal damnation in the name of Love!

please, if it means less hate, stop caring about our Eternal damnation

Sorry god commanded me to care for my neighbor as myself.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

1. So Jesus, i.e., your god, didn't say anything about same-sex marriage, and neither did the converted Pharisee Paul?
Where then, in your bible, does it say that a man can't marry another man, or that a woman can't marry another woman? Why should we listen to your interpretation ... does your bible forbid same-sex marriage, or not?

2. Why don't you quote Romans 1 instead of giving your interpretation?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So if I want a marriage that's recognized by other states and countries, I'll have to go to another state to get married?

I guess this would work OK for people that never travel.

The rest of the civilized world has state-sanctioned marriages...

So if gay people can get married that means we need to get rid of the issuance of marriage licenses. OK, got it.

Sounds like a temper tantrum to me under the guise of "big government".

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove

Two things:

1. We are not all of God's children, only those who turn from sin and have dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ as Lord. The Bible is clear on that.

2. I would never make love to a man nor approve of it. So it stand to reason that if I care that much about myself I would discourage anyone else from such behavior. Loving your neighbor means to care about their life as I would my own. I do, and that;s why I am writing on the thread.

1. Quote that from your bible please.

2. Who cares if you "approve" of what other people do? Why do you think anyone is interested in your opinion, and why do you think you have a right, because of your religion, to condemn anyone else? If you don't want to have relations with your own sex, bully for you. Don't. The same Jesus that said "love others as you love yourself" also said "judge not that you not be judged." He repeatedly instructed that until you are without sins of your own, that you are to leave the sins of others to them to sort out between their own conscious and their own god.

Why do you pick and choose from what parts of god's word you wish to follow?

This is the best example of what the Bible is talking about. read Romans 1:18-32. Under the Old Testement, a homosexual was to be stoned to death if caught. That part is about God and the homosexual.

As for love, I told you I would not commit homosexual acts, so I would advise you not to. That is love, but to you it is hate because you want those cravings inside you to come out and express themselves in stimulated sexual contact with another of your sex. This desire overrides anything I say to you. You will then despise what I say, but I understand that. But if you had not asked me to invoke the "love they neighbor as thyself" clause, I would not have offered you my caring opinion. You will think me intrusive and uncaring. I'm not. You will just insist that I am because of your deep cravings for homosexual sex.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

1. So Jesus, i.e., your god, didn't say anything about same-sex marriage, and neither did the converted Pharisee Paul?
Where then, in your bible, does it say that a man can't marry another man, or that a woman can't marry another woman? Why should we listen to your interpretation ... does your bible forbid same-sex marriage, or not?

Read genesis 1 and 2 marriage is between a man and woman and it's the joining of the flesh that makes the marriage, not the ceremony. Not sure why you're so interested in the bibles teachings of marriage.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Sorry god commanded me to care for my neighbor as myself.

Good old Christian hate, wrapped in the Bible, disguised as love! I'd recognize it anywhere!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Romans 1:24-32 (NKJV)

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

link   

...another gay parade,more rainbow flags,more village people ,another documentary on transgenders today on tv,Whitehouse lit up in rainbow colors on the weekend....I dont know about Jesus but Im just about over all this and as someone with a gay brother Im starting to worry about a backlash from all this.Ordinary people 1.dont really care and 2.are getting tired of having this rammed down their throats.

link   
I don't understand.

Christians don't OWN marriage. There are many religions in which marriage occurs.

I don't know why people are even arguing over the "one man, one woman" thing...that is a Christian definition that belongs to Christians.

Since Christians don't own marriage, this definition should be irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So all these other Countries that have Same-Sex marriage before the US.. how are they doing? oppressive, religious intolerant?

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join