It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids in Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Does anyone here know about or have any information regarding the pyramid/pyramids that are supposed to be in Australia? I would really appreciate if someone could supply a link to a site about this.

The only site I have found so far is www.crystalinks.com... and it doesn't really go into enough detail.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by mysticshadow]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The ancients fascination with orion is interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
something to consider as well:
link

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks Jazzgurl! The story sounded just so... weird and the pictures I saw looked just like plain old rocks (not carved) that someone was going around making up stuff about bits of landscape.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That site was a lot more sceptical than I had imagined! Although it does raise a few good points I still believe otherwise.

I plan on visiting the pyramid to see it for myself, then I can see what I think then.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
They are not Pyramids they are actually Mountains that have been weared down over millions of years. I saw a program on the discovery channel about those Mountains and it said that Australia is the oldest continent in the world and that over the years the wind wore down the Mountains.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Has anyone here visited the pyramids yet?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My dad was in Australia last month and when he asked about the pyramid the person said the same thing Killak said.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

from www.skeptica.dk...
(...)
What are we left with? The facts are (probably) that the Gympie "Golden" pyramid is actually an ordinary hill terraced by early Italian immigrants for viniculture that has been disfigured by erosion and the removal of stone from the retaining walls for use elsewhere
(...)

Full story here... (long read)

Just in case you're still interested, here is the Google search where I found that...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
But there are Egyptian hiroglyphics in Australia. I'll add the link in a bit (unless someone beats me to it).

But in the meantime, do an ATS search on Australia... there are a couple threads that talk about the egyptian writings, if it helps at all.

I would suppose, if Egyptians were able to get to Australia, it would only be natural for them to continue the culture they knew by erecting their society, especially if they weren't able to return (or knew where they were).

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is the thread you were mentioning probably?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thanx for the links instar!

I have visited Wolvi last year and discovered numerous tunnels which noone would talk of or knew of in town. Many there avoided the subject of pyramids or anything unusual.

A few people of my mothers research group have visited the pyramid site and saw more than a worn down mountain or fraud. They believe that this site is ancient and of a mysterious origin.

I plan on visiting this site in the following weeks then I can form my own opinion on the site.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticshadowA few people of my mothers research group have visited the pyramid site and saw more than a worn down mountain or fraud. They believe that this site is ancient and of a mysterious origin.

So did they get pictures of how the stones were put together to prove that it's man-made?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't think so, I'll see...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
hey Mystic,

Did u ever make it to Gympie? Ive read all sides to this, but dont know of anyone who has made the trip. Id be interested to know....

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Where exactly is this place in Gympie?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am still going to go there, just haven't had time to yet.

The pyramid is near Mt Wolvi, Gympie. It is on an elderly womans property. I cant give an exact location. It is supposed to be on ?Tin Can Bay Road? or something like that.

Many of the pyramids that once were there have been destroyed and used as the supports and building materials for many structures throughout the town.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
well the aborignies i don't think would have the well knowledge on how to build pyramids but.. i reckon that there were some eygyption tribes there befor they were? i could be right or wrong you say

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join