It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed all the "Get Your Whooping Cough Vaccine" commercials recently?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Have you seen the commercial where Grandma coughs and turns into the Big Bad Wolf just as her grandbaby arrives for a visit? Then there is the admonition to go and get your Whooping Cough Vaccine...NOW before it's too late. It is directed at the older folks apparently.

Has anybody noticed a new outbreak of whooping cough? I thought that disease was long gone.
edit on 23-6-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The killer word there was vaccine.

They won't be collecting pensions if they aren't here.

More money saving.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I didn't know elderly people were supposed to get the whooping cough vaccine till I saw that commercial pushing it. Made my ATS antennae twitch a little.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Oh crap, the whooping cranes are back? They do bite so watch out!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Link to CDC article.

Whooping Cough has been killing children and they mostly catch it from unvaccinated adults like their parents or grandparents.

For an adult it may be just like a cold, for an infant fatal and a young child a horrible experience.

Nearly killed me in the early 1960's and some kids in my town did die. I was down for maybe five weeks and I still remember how terrible it was.

I'd never risk infecting and maybe killing a child over a myth about the vaccine.

Another CDC article.

Of those babies who are hospitalized with whooping cough, about 1 out of 4 will get pneumonia and 1 or 2 out of 100 will die.

Completely preventable if adults act responsibly.
edit on 6/23/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Aren't infants inoculated around 2 or 3 months with the DPT shots that prevent pertussis? Is this something I should be telling my elderly relatives they need to get?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Has anybody noticed a new outbreak of whooping cough? I thought that disease was long gone.

It's making a comeback because of irresponsible anti-vaccination loons who think their googling makes them more informed than their doctor.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yup I had it as a child I had to have 24 hour care because I couldn't get the cough out and stopped breathing so someone had to wack my back til I coughed.
Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Get your kids vaccinated against it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yup I had it as a child I had to have 24 hour care because I couldn't get the cough out and stopped breathing so someone had to wack my back til I coughed.
Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Get your kids vaccinated against it.

Had you received the DPT vaccine at 3 months of age? I thought that was mandatory before you could go to school?

I'm wondering if the elderly should get this now.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I caught it as an adult. Was told the vaccine is good for only 35 or so years.

Infants are very susceptible.

In my case, it was much worse than even the worst cold.

You cough so hard that you lose your breath, and 'whoop' to try and catch your breath. I would have fits where I would see stars an come close to passing out. It is difficult to drive, talk on the phone, etc.

Your wife / coworkers will grow tired of it after the first week, but guess what? It lasts 6 weeks minimum.

You are contageous for the first week or two, and a week before you show symptoms. The remainder of the coughing is from the damage done to your lungs.

I will never get a flu shot, but if I had known, I would have gotten a booster. It was a real b___h.

Thank God I'n not an anti-vaccine loon, or my two young children would've been in for a seriously bad day - I cannot imagine how hard handling that cough would be for a child.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

It's making a comeback because of irresponsible anti-vaccination loons who think their googling makes them more informed than their doctor.

I asked my pediatrician if she was aware that there is bio-available aluminum in vaccines. She was honest and said no. I asked if she was aware that aluminum is a neurotoxin. She was honest and said yes.

I didn't have the heart to tell her there is also bits and pieces of human DNA in some vaccines, including the ones given to neonates and preemies.

Technocrats and shills are the only ones encouraging you to choose ignorance.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I never get flu shots EVER and certainly wouldn't get this either. I'm 63, I'll continue to take my chances.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Aren't infants inoculated around 2 or 3 months with the DPT shots that prevent pertussis? Is this something I should be telling my elderly relatives they need to get?

The DPT only lasts about 10 years give or take. So yea, I can see why there are a lot of commercials. Blows up the myth of effective, long lasting immunity and improves profit. A win-win

This is a good source. Ignore the Pharma shills.

Here are testimonials of presumably anti vaccination "loons". They lost the game of Russian roulette

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

So what are you saying, in blunt and clear assertive terms if you could please be so accommodating?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
I never get flu shots EVER and certainly wouldn't get this either. I'm 63, I'll continue to take my chances.

Maintaining your strength and immune system and being exposed to live influenza is the best immunity you can possibly have. half the time, your body will fight it off and then you are set with immunity to that strain and probably a range of similar strains using the same mode of infection. Near zero chance of an autoimmune side effect.

It's not without risk but the outcomes are better then the poison they are offering.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Just a conspiratorial thought, but with the large influx of illegals, perhaps they are setting up scapegoats (elderly) to take the blame when this becomes epidemic.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not sure what you want to know. Pertussis vaccine wears off after 10 years.

Adults have virtually no natural immunity to Pertussis due to the use of DTP and it's somewhat safer form DTaP. If you are worried about it, read up, talk to people you trust and make a decision.

My money is on (and always will be on) the human immune system and proper nutritional support. 200M years of evolutionary trial and error trumps 200 years of experimentation. Read up on the hygiene hypothesis. There are a number of clear results coming from research. Can't get research grants though. Nothing to patent.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just a conspiratorial thought, but with the large influx of illegals, perhaps they are setting up scapegoats (elderly) to take the blame when this becomes epidemic.

Bio warfare isn't very complicated. Adults that grew up with childhood vaccination have virtually no protection as adults. Thanks Pharma. Measles and pertussis are so so easy to spread. It's funny. They use the term "herd immunity" to promote vaccines but vaccines are responsible for removing all the natural herd immunity people had.

The door is wide open, so to speak. No need to demonize undocumented immigrants.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
I caught it as an adult. Was told the vaccine is good for only 35 or so years.

Infants are very susceptible.

In my case, it was much worse than even the worst cold.

You cough so hard that you lose your breath, and 'whoop' to try and catch your breath. I would have fits where I would see stars an come close to passing out. It is difficult to drive, talk on the phone, etc.

Your wife / coworkers will grow tired of it after the first week, but guess what? It lasts 6 weeks minimum.

You are contageous for the first week or two, and a week before you show symptoms. The remainder of the coughing is from the damage done to your lungs.

I will never get a flu shot, but if I had known, I would have gotten a booster. It was a real b___h.

Thank God I'n not an anti-vaccine loon, or my two young children would've been in for a seriously bad day - I cannot imagine how hard handling that cough would be for a child.

Whoever told you it lasts 35 is a liar, a fool or a Pharma shill.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Yeah I'm with you in the sense that I'm not worried and I rely on my immune system generally, although I'll take antibiotics whenever I know my body is losing the battle.
Vaccinations though, none are compulsory in the UK. They are encouraged by NHS doctors but we can refuse without specifying any reason, just 'coz we refuse.
Hard life under 'The Crown' ain't it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join