It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed all the "Get Your Whooping Cough Vaccine" commercials recently?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Whoever told you it lasts 35 is a liar, a fool or a Pharma shill.

I can't wait to kick down the door of my doctor's office screaming "PHARMA SHILL!!!!"

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why care?
...or are vaccinations forced in your country?
They are not in mine.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Why care?
...or are vaccinations forced in your country?
They are not in mine.

And they never should be!

How long do you think it'll last?
Watching the media etc I reckon mandatory will happen within 5 years.
It'll start with - No vaccine then No school.
That will lead to parents being prosecuted for not sending their children to school.
They can make it mandatory without actualy making it law.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes, whooping cough is still very much a 'thing'.

Went through my niece's middle school like wildfire. In spite of having been vaccinated as an infant, my niece did contract it at 12 yrs old. Her case was mild, and it took her 3 weeks to stop coughing, and another week to get rid of the exhaustion.

My sister (her mom), took fully 10 weeks to get back to normal. She is an otherwise healthy non-smoking 30-something. Not immuno-suppressed, not elderly and frail.

We don't do the flu vaccine, but do religiously get the DTaP boosters. For us, the risks of getting diptheria or tetanus or pertussis are way higher than the risks of getting the booster. I have elderly and infants in my near family, and it would not be feasible to not be in contact with them during the contagious period, should I come down with one of those things.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHypednaa, they put mercury in for preservative....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Boy I tell ya what, if I find out either my grandmothers don't have the whooping cough vaccine I'll shoot them myself. Right out back. Those anti-vaccination loons, well, they're about just as bad as those crazy white gun nuts. I mean, maaan..... it's like, it's like, you see these commercials where they turn these innocent old ladies into WOLVES and Christ, each time I see it pop on my TV I find myself squeezing the couch from sheer terror.

They had me so scared of measles I went right out and got the shot, I even cleaned my arm for the doctor, to make her life easier. And I was like, I says: "Boy, Doc., am I sure glad the vaccine industry is a 33 Billion Dollar industry, because, well sh!t...... if it wasn't certainly everyone would be sick. I mean for 33 Billion Dollar profit, they have to work, right? OF course none of this is corrupt."
The doctor slaps my knee and we laugh, thinking about those crazy anti-vaccination loons. Am I sure glad all those crazies completely forgot about micro-chips. YEEE HA HA HA!

A week's passed since I had the gracious and god-given Measles vaccine, but today for some reason I have this cough, and I know exactly where it came from! My grandmother. That's right! That vile woman that doesn't leave the house to even catch whooping cough, well ..... you see where that's gotten me. I tell ya, ladies and gentlemen. Load those guns and set up those deer stands. Time to wolf hunt!
edit on 23-6-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Stars to you for making me giggle :-)
edit on 23-6-2015 by CantStandIt because: 'cause I can't type worth a lick

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Blaine91555

Aren't infants inoculated around 2 or 3 months with the DPT shots that prevent pertussis? Is this something I should be telling my elderly relatives they need to get?

The DPT only lasts about 10 years give or take. So yea, I can see why there are a lot of commercials. Blows up the myth of effective, long lasting immunity and improves profit. A win-win

This is a good source. Ignore the Pharma shills.

Here are testimonials of presumably anti vaccination "loons". They lost the game of Russian roulette

Ignore the pharma shills but listen to the Mercola shills.
Is that what you're saying?
scienceblogs.com...

And testimonials from anonymous sources are as good as science aren't they?
(Hint of sarcasm added for effect).

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
I never get flu shots EVER and certainly wouldn't get this either. I'm 63, I'll continue to take my chances.

Maintaining your strength and immune system and being exposed to live influenza is the best immunity you can possibly have. half the time, your body will fight it off and then you are set with immunity to that strain and probably a range of similar strains using the same mode of infection. Near zero chance of an autoimmune side effect.

It's not without risk but the outcomes are better then the poison they are offering.

You're correct.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle usually means that you won't suffer as much if you catch it.
It will still propagate though and you'll be able to pass it on to your friends and family and even those you don't know who may not be as healthy as the superman you so obviously are.
What a caring, sharing person you are.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Has anybody noticed a new outbreak of whooping cough? I thought that disease was long gone.

It's making a comeback because of irresponsible anti-vaccination loons who think their googling makes them more informed than their doctor.

I asked my pediatrician if she was aware that there is bio-available aluminum in vaccines. She was honest and said no. I asked if she was aware that aluminum is a neurotoxin. She was honest and said yes.

I didn't have the heart to tell her there is also bits and pieces of human DNA in some vaccines, including the ones given to neonates and preemies.

Technocrats and shills are the only ones encouraging you to choose ignorance.

The aluminium in vaccines isn't "bio-available".
After you asked your paediatrician about aluminium being a neurotoxin did she then tell you about doses?
Did you ask her what dose aluminium becomes toxic as it's far, far greater than the amount in all the vaccines you would have over the course of your life (in fact over the course of several lives).

Which "bits & pieces of human DNA" are in some vaccines?
Please be as specific as you can be.

Did she up your meds?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not sure what you want to know. Pertussis vaccine wears off after 10 years.

Adults have virtually no natural immunity to Pertussis due to the use of DTP and it's somewhat safer form DTaP. If you are worried about it, read up, talk to people you trust and make a decision.

My money is on (and always will be on) the human immune system and proper nutritional support. 200M years of evolutionary trial and error trumps 200 years of experimentation. Read up on the hygiene hypothesis. There are a number of clear results coming from research. Can't get research grants though. Nothing to patent.

Isn't it weird that the human population has boomed over those last 200 years.
And in places with poor hygiene like Africa and India, diseases are disappearing due to vaccination and improved healthcare.

Correlation or causation?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: queenofswords

Just a conspiratorial thought, but with the large influx of illegals, perhaps they are setting up scapegoats (elderly) to take the blame when this becomes epidemic.

Bio warfare isn't very complicated. Adults that grew up with childhood vaccination have virtually no protection as adults. Thanks Pharma. Measles and pertussis are so so easy to spread. It's funny. They use the term "herd immunity" to promote vaccines but vaccines are responsible for removing all the natural herd immunity people had.

The door is wide open, so to speak. No need to demonize undocumented immigrants.

Adults who grew up with childhood vacination have usually never had the disease either.

You are aware that to gain "natural" immunity you HAVE to contract the disease aren't you?
And that if you contract the disease you become a conduit for passing it on?

And prey tell, what exactly is "natural herd immunity"?
Oh yes, survival of the fittest.
Very eugenic of you.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Has anybody noticed a new outbreak of whooping cough? I thought that disease was long gone.

Meh, HIPPA etc, but I'm in a very rural area and we've had a significant increase in the number of cases. That would point to either a localized outbreak or something large enough to penetrate to smaller towns. Enough so that the communicable disease community has notified me. I normally only get notified when there is a foodbourne illness outbreak or something that has the potential to get some momentum behind it.

Diseases never go away. We can nearly eradicate some of them in the 1st world human population but they are most certainly still kicking.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There is a new test coming out in a year or two that will let your doctor know what viruses you have ever been exposed to and your antibody levels.
www.hhmi.org...

This will eliminate unneeded vaccinations and cost the vaccine companies a lot of money.
THAT is the reason for this commercial.

Your doctor will be able to tell if you had Whooping Cough as a young child and do not remember or was never told, The doctor will know and not need to vaccinate you.

This test will also find HIV HEP a/b/c and about 2000 other virus strains.

This test will also tell the doctors if illegals that come in there office need to be vaccinated.
or if they have HEP A/B/C, HIV ECT ECT ECT.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I haven't seen any commercials as of late about whooping cough. However, I got my booster like last year I think for it. I make sure I stay vaccinated expect for the flu shot because I never get the flu...well so far. But since I'm getting closer to 30 and getting ready to start thinking about having kids I would get the flu shot alone with other vaccinates.

Things like whooping cough is dangerous to babies. Those little creatures can't fight off illness like a healthy adult can. It annoys me how some people who don't get vaccinated hold other people babies and be all up in their faces breathing on them. Then that baby gets sick with something that's preventable by vaccinates.

I mean a person has the right not to get vaccinated against something like whooping cough, but I rather not take my chances.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
There is a new test coming out in a year or two that will let your doctor know what viruses you have ever been exposed to and your antibody levels.
www.hhmi.org...

This will eliminate unneeded vaccinations and cost the vaccine companies a lot of money.
THAT is the reason for this commercial.

Your doctor will be able to tell if you had Whooping Cough as a young child and do not remember or was never told, The doctor will know and not need to vaccinate you.

This test will also find HIV HEP a/b/c and about 2000 other virus strains.

This test will also tell the doctors if illegals that come in there office need to be vaccinated.
or if they have HEP A/B/C, HIV ECT ECT ECT.

It will only tell if you've been exposed to a virus.
It won't show whether you're immune or not.
That's what titres are for.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?
Ignore the pharma shills but listen to the Mercola shills.

The irony is palpable, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I really do hate the propaganda and scare mongering (from both sides) when what we need are clear facts. I feel uneasy about advertising vaccines (but it is different here in the UK of course).

Over here we don't generally vaccinate adults against it although it is offered to pregnant women. My kids got the jab but it does worry me that these vaccines are not thoroughly understood.

When I read the info in the link below released a couple of years ago, it really got me thinking as I had always assumed such fundamentals would be tested before releasing a vaccine to the general population but it appears not.

TextThe FDA conducted the study in baboons, an animal model that closely reproduces the way whooping cough affects people ... Animals that received an acellular pertussis vaccine had the bacteria in their airways for up to six weeks and were able to spread the infection to unvaccinated animals. This research suggests that although individuals immunized with an acellular pertussis vaccine may be protected from disease, they may still become infected with the bacteria without always getting sick and are able to spread infection to others, including young infants who are susceptible to pertussis disease.

www.fda.gov...

Does anyone happen to know if any further research was ever conducted on this?
edit on 24-6-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

That is about the whole cell vaccine. The one used most commonly is the acellular vaccine.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I believe it's the other way around, correct me if I am wrong....

The scientists vaccinated two groups of baboons – one group with a whole-cell pertussis vaccine and the other group with an acellular pertussis vaccine currently used in the U. S. ... The animals that received an acellular pertussis vaccine had the bacteria in their airways for up to six weeks and were able to spread the infection to unvaccinated animals. In contrast, animals that received whole-cell vaccine cleared the bacteria within three weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join