It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone hits plane...footage...mistake or test?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Fake as hell lol. And the "thump" even happens a split second BEFORE it makes impact. Can't even sync his CGI audio correctly...
edit on 24-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
3- How can a tiny, lightweight drone do this kind of damage to a plane wing? Is the wing made of matchsticks?

Look up some pictures of bird strikes. You'd be surprised what a small, light weight object can do.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I know what a bird strike can do....at cruising speed.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

As was pointed out 737 winglets are fiberglass and rather fragile. While the video is totally BS the damage isn't necessarily outlandish if it were to happen.

And quite a few of those bird strikes were on takeoff and climb.
edit on 6/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

fair enough mate. Cant argue with you about anything to do with planes now can i?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

maybe you should use your eyes and brain and common sense too...tornadoes with wind speeds up to 300 miles per hour can take ordinary extremely light weight objects and punch holes in concrete blocks and brick. A 747 moves at 500 miles per hour, hitting even mundane, light weight objects at those speeds can have catastrophic results.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

To be fair, the winglets on larger aircraft are more robust, so I initially agreed with him about the damage. But it was pointed out that the 737, which this video was shot on, uses a lightweight fiberglass winglet, so the damage would be about right.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

How can a tiny, lightweight drone do this kind of damage to a plane wing? Is the wing made of matchsticks?

As mentioned earlier the B737 winglet is mostly made of fiberglass with a tiny metal strip on the leading edge.

(Click on thumbnail for larger picture)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

maybe you should use your eyes and brain and common sense too...tornadoes with wind speeds up to 300 miles per hour can take ordinary extremely light weight objects and punch holes in concrete blocks and brick. A 747 moves at 500 miles per hour, hitting even mundane, light weight objects at those speeds can have catastrophic results.

Jaden

Ill admit i was wrong...but i would like to point out that that plane was not travelling anywhere near 500MPH

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join