It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear the day when humans meet extraterrestrials.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I also have wondered what would happen to them if they showed up in a friendly manner. Many people would freak out and cry out for their death. Aliens caught by those kinds of humans would be luckier than the ones caught by any government. I can only imagine the horrors they would face in a government lab. Indefinite torture would be likely.

I am curious about aliens. I wonder if they like music or any other thing that we humans do to pass the time in enjoyment. I like to think that I would be welcoming and hospitable, but if I felt cornered and had my kids with me I would feel very protective and might resort to violence out of fear. I hate to think that way about myself. If they showed up while I was taking the dog for a walk, I am likely to be friendlier. Who knows, I've never fainted but that could prove to be the thing that makes it happen. Such an odd thing to think about, because really I have no idea.

I believe or hope that they would be smart enough to know that a majority of humans are severely lacking in communication skills. For their own benefit, even though I think I want to meet them, I hope they stay away. For their sake.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Having my own encounter I agree with you about being paralyzed with fear ( I do realize it was possible sleep deprivation/hallucination).

On the other hand with this thread I really hope they come soon and fly over our cities. You never know, they might need us, or need earth or need to be physically present in our 3-D universe. If the conspiracy of Aliens as our creators and protectors of Earth is true, then there might come a time where we all band together to protect our solar system and life as we know it from another alien threat.

If ET's present themselves in that fashion we might just do as they say after the paralyzing with fear passes...How bad would it be to be ruled by an Alien race?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My brother, my friend and I got a very close look at three craft. They can have us any way they want to have us.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
I can only imagine the horrors they would face in a government lab. Indefinite torture would be likely.

Have you seen district 9?
If not, the main character through circumstance generates an alien arm. The government brings him to a lab and does exactly that. Tortures him to do their bidding and when they are satisfied enough they decide its time to cut him open and take his heart while hes alive.
Of course they dont get their way in the movie, but i think our governemt would treat them pretty much the same way.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
It might be hundreds of years before we meet intelligent extraterrestrials. And we might never actually meet them, just detect their presence on some very distant planet.

In the forseeable future, our own encounter with extraterrestrial life will most probably be limited to microbes/fungi/primitive multicellar organisms.

Perhaps, when after those hundreds of years we finally come face to face with aliens, we will have evolved past our destructive and selfish nature. Or perhaps we'll exterminate ourselves here on Earth before our manned space exploration gets that far...

Sorry to say but humanity had time evolve for millions of years and still no matter what we did evil will always be there. In humanity there's going to always be evil.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Despite how terrified we may be of them, I think aliens showing up might be the very best thing for mankind.

We'd start to see ourselves as "humans" and not "white, black, ect".

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Oh that's just great.

My father-in-law is an alien.

Now it makes sense.

Well at least your mother-in-law is not a demon but that is a different topic...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Despite how terrified we may be of them, I think aliens showing up might be the very best thing for mankind.

Do you know it takes 3 years for something to fully become a norm? Three years after aliens are here on earth it will be like district 9. That is why the whole "got to keep them secret" logic is total bunk, and why they will not be secret the day they do come.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We have NO IDEA what would happen.
WAR showed me alot of things,one of them was the unpredictability of people.
We all saw that one video of the interior of the plane as it goes down, common belief says they should all be screaming but that wasn't the case.
WE HAVE NO IDEA,I would say I'LL try it and tell you when /IF it happens. I would say it would also depend on my visitor's actions as well.
THEY don't usually knock ,they come through walls any way,if the witnesses are accurate.
edit on 23-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Sorry to say but humanity had time evolve for millions of years and still no matter what we did evil will always be there. In humanity there's going to always be evil.

There is a reason why we slow and weak creatures are top of the food chain, and intelligence is only 1/2 the answer. The other 1/2 is that we are basically a mean ass creature, and so that evil alien race that goes to other worlds and pillages all the resources and eats all the lifeforms is really us in the future.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LyndellUrbytes
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Treat them?

We'd better hope to high heaven that they don't want to eat us.

Seriously.

That's probably not too likely.

I'm slightly worried if they want to screw us.

I'm much more worried if they want to convert us.

I'm even more worried if we want to convert them.
edit on 23-6-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There's nothing we could do to them.

For starters, no species with the technology for useful interstellar travel would ever have to physically interact with a planetbound species. in fact it would be insane to do so, for just the reasons you describe - you don't know what those people are up to - much less the other creatures on their world. Plus if you're traveling like this it's safe to assume you've also picked up germ theory at some point - sure, your microbes and ours might be incapable of affecting the other... but just in case!

No, you would have the technology to perform, at the least, signal hijacks and holographic projections. Hell, just hang out at the edge of earth's gravitational well and throw your planet's version of polka at us via radio, we will notice! You don't have to ever land any ships, get out of them, shake hands, etc.

But if they are insane, and they decide to meet us face to face? Well, we'll have to assume they are more than capable of defending themselves if they're making a move like that. Sure, we might be able to kill those ambassadors (we have to assume that physical trauma is dangerous for all complex organisms) but then what? odds are their ship that landed still has flight crew aboard, or some sort of self-destruct fail-safe, and their buddies are still out in orbit watching us.

We kill them, and they fly away. We're stuck on our planet, being the bare-assed apes that we are, while they're colonizing every agreeable world in our arm of the galaxy.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Uh, I'm afraid we'd start to hear ourselves saying crap like "SOFT ON DISGUSTING ILLEGAL ALIEN PERVERTS! WHAT'S WRONG WITH SENATOR CHELSEA CLINTON????",

We'd hear "Only good alien is a vaporized alien!"

We'd hear "Down with liberal peaceniks! Nuke em till they glow!"

And then the Asteroid would come and it's time for that interstellar bypass.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Meh. What if they just want cake?
Or makes us work as slaves in the gateau mines on Vilanus IV?

But if and when we do meet them, only select people will have access to them until we are all acclimatised. And they will have the brains and tech to protect themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
How bad would it be to be ruled by an Alien race?

The tax forms are hell.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

G,day mate.
yeah i can see it now
Aliens shows up inthe following back yards
the Brit calls the police
the Aussie says g,day want a beer
the KIwi says g,day yer bring a six pack mate
the Yank leans over picks up his mossberg shotgun
bang halt or i'll fire agin
come to think of it
there are several million aliens in Aussie
they are called
wait for it dont anticipate
thay are called VICTORIANS
Big sigh AHH
my day is complete

edit on 23-6-2015 by pronto because: bloody tablet

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: game over man
How bad would it be to be ruled by an Alien race?

The tax forms are hell.

I've always wondered what it would be like to become a client race or protectorate of an Alien Empire. Would having a planetary Tithe or maybe something like a yearly qouta of 500,000military age humans per year for service in their Empire be such a bad thing if we get stuff like life-span expansions, free-energy and the chance to explore the Galaxy?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well hang in there OP and just work on your own higher consciousness, you can do nothing to change how people currently treat one another or anything different and we are all different . Your empathy is commendable imho.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I agree, but that 's probably one of the reasons a full disclosure hasn't happened yet.
I mean they know how traumatizing it'd be to people. And how it would mean an end, and a beginning, in human history.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Perhaps beings from other planets that look human...are already here on earth living among us...perhaps they have infiltrated earth and are studying us. Perhaps some of us have met one or even know one...but to us they have never revealed their true origins.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join