It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happended during the Waco siege?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the waco siege and fire was a public demonstration by the government of what happens to those that wish to live without the government's thumb on their heads. a lesson.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It was a land grab.

The original N.A.F.T.A super-highway plans had it going through Waco, TX. The Davidian compound was on land that could have become very very valuable. But after the disaster, the plans were changed, and now the super-highway is NOT going through Waco, TX.

But on that day, when the super-highway still was planned to go through Waco....
    The siege was started by Bush Senior.
    Clinton took office the next day or two
    He ordered the Attorney General to resolve the matter quickly.
    Clinton didn't start the siege, it was left to him by the previous administration.

MY REMAINING QUESTIONS...

1. Is it criminal for the people in Government to use party lines to hide murder and mayhem?

2. Would it still be criminal even if the cheap land purchases along the planed super-highway weren't a factor?

3. Keeping a super-highway secret, so politicians can make undue profits off of land deals, leads to murder and mayhem. Where does the power to keep secrets come from, if it is not in the constitution.

I have no conclusions ... as of yet.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 23-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

edit on 23-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes he was.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

George H. W. Bush was out office for over a month before the search warrant was sworn out on February 25, 1993. The siege did not begin until February 28th, 1993.
Janet Reno assumed full responsibility for everything that took place at Waco, after the fact, letting Bill Clinton off the hook.

edit on b000000302015-06-23T10:34:08-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 10:34:08 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

George H. W. Bush was out office for over a month before the search warrant was sworn out on February 25, 1993. The siege did not begin until February 28th, 1993.
Janet Reno assumed full responsibility for everything that took place at Waco, after the fact, letting Bill Clinton off the hook.

I knew this would happen.
I didn't want to imply anything about Wikipedia or the internet as an information source.

But...

'June-July 1992: Federal Agency Opens Investigation into Branch Davidians'

history commons . org / 1992 Federal Agency opens investigation

Just as the planned super-high route has been 'moved' since then, most of the information about the lead up to the actual siege is hard to find.

What I have stated is true, to the best of my knowledge.
Bush Senior started it and Clinton finished it.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do you have some kind of proof that the siege began earlier than February 28th in 1993?
I wasn't on the internet when I watched the place burn down on CNN live in 1993.

edit on b000000302015-06-23T10:42:45-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 10:42:45 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Do you have some kind of proof that the siege began earlier than February 28th in 1993?
I wasn't on the internet when I watched the place burn down on CNN live in 1993.

I just answered this question.

Slow down. Breath. Spend a few moments with the answer already given. Do your own research.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
David Koresh was tried in 1987 for attempted murder.
Does this constitute proof?
If so, the siege began in 1987.

This is from your link:

A Dallas Morning News investigation is unable to find definitive information about how the Branch Davidian sect, currently besieged by federal authorities after a shootout with BATF agents (see 5:00 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. February 28, 1993 and March 1, 1993), supports itself financially.

edit on b000000302015-06-23T10:54:48-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 10:54:48 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mojom

And you would be exactly right. I won't tell you everything I know, however, let's just say that I have first-hand knowledge of the situation.

The Branch Davidians in no way, shape, or form started that fire. Let me just say that one high-explosive incendiary (HEI) round fired from a Howitzer can cause one hell of a fire.

edit on 23-6-2015 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thank you for linking the only scrap of evidence
I could find
on this
freshly scrubbed and made-safe-for-the-public internet
we have now

I do not have any secondary testimony beyond that (or proof as this thread calls it), so now I have the urge to turtle back into my shell.

I counseled one of the fathers of one of the swat guys there for the siege.

There is the 'official' story, and there is what the men doing the siege understood to be happening at the time. Bush started it, but no one knew about any future highway property land deals.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

This is from your link:

A Dallas Morning News investigation is unable to find definitive information about how the Branch Davidian sect, currently besieged by federal authorities after a shootout with BATF agents (see 5:00 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. February 28, 1993 and March 1, 1993), supports itself financially.

Thank you for linking the only scrap of evidence
I could find
on this
freshly scrubbed and made-safe-for-the-public internet
we have now.

I do not have any secondary testimony beyond that, so now I have the urge to turtle back into my shell.

I counseled one of the fathers of one of the swat guys there for the siege.

There is the 'official' story, and there is what the men doing the siege understood to be happening at the time. Bush started it, but no one knew about any future highway property land deals.

Mike Grouchy

Don't get me wrong, please.
I am not doubting your story.
I am a firm believer that we are told vastly different stories than what really takes place.
I remember when the Three Mile Island nuclear accident took place, they had a construction project going on there. I knew one of the construction workers and he and his crew were unexpectedly told not to come to work again until further notice.... ONE WEEK BEFORE NEWS OF THE ACCIDENT CAME OUT.

I was interested in knowing what info you were basing your story on. Now I know that it was from someone that you know that was there. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I never knew about the NAFTA superhighway going through the compound.Interesting find it changes the complexion of the raid.They kick the Branch Davidians and the local politicians get the money from the sale of the land.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Waco: The Big Lie was an informative documentary that was circulated after the event on videotape. I'll see if I can find it on ytb and post it here.

I personally remember eating breakfast on the morning the compound burned and watching CNN. As the official story was parrotted by the newscaster reading it(tear gas or a spilled oil lamp), the scene being broadcast cut from the money shot of the building going up like a book of matches to an APC with a flamethrower on the front of it backing out of a hole in the wall of the building. The newscaster did not mention it, and I've never seen that video clip again or heard APC flamethrowers mentioned in connection with the Waco event ever. It was as if someone in the editing room quietly slipped that piece of video in. It may sound wacky to some of you, but that is what I saw.

There is one thing about the Waco siege that we should all be very concerned about, though: those men, women, and children who were murdered on that day by agents of our federal government had not been convicted of any crime in a court of law. Those people never had their day in court. The constitution was blatantly violated throughout the siege at Waco by the executive branch of the US government. They could've been waited out. The Branch Davidians would have had to come out eventually.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join