It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart to remove Confederate flag items from its stores.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

SNIP - if the majority of people "have been turned into a bunch of sissies" then maybe your ideas are outdated. after all majority rules right?
edit on 6/23/2015 by Blaine91555 because: snipped comment about moderator action

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeistyFemme

So I take it its okay to sell the Nazi Swastika at Walmart? Oh wait, I have one even better, how about we just go back to the good ol' days of you sitting on your backs while slaves built your homes and raised your kids?

Yes that's exactly what I said.

Selling or not selling a piece of cloth with some colors on it is going to change the thought process of those who have hate running thru their veins. Like I said a majority of Americans have turned into a bunch of sissies.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

What ideas? It's a fact people get butt hurt over anything nowadays.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: RickinVa
Walmart.... now Sears, KMart and Ebay have joined.

How much longer before the poor southern whites whose "heritage" is being challenged by the politically correct start rioting and burning down stores that refuse to sell the rebel flag on items and bring old boys hopes for a race war to fruition? Probably never lol.

You can't make this stuff up..... interesting developments by the hour.

And so it begins. . . . . . .

Peak confederate flags!!!

Should I buy a couple of cases, put 'em in my attic, then sell at an obscene markup in a couple of years?
edit on 23-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: Misspellings

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

can you provide proof of this or is that just your opinion? I'm pretty sure people said the same thing when age of consent was introduced and it became unacceptable to marry and sleep with underage girls.
edit on 23-6-2015 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali

can you provide proof of this or is that just your opinion? I'm pretty sure people said the same thing when age of consent was introduced and it became unacceptable to marry sleep with underage girls.

I did on the last page, I said Americans are becoming a bunch of sissies and then you called me an a**hole.

Isn't that proof enough?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

that was simply a suggestion. you were obviously butthurt enough to write a reply equal to mine seeing as how they both got taken down. welcome to america baby

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: RickinVa
Walmart.... now Sears, KMart and Ebay have joined.

How much longer before the poor southern whites whose "heritage" is being challenged by the politically correct start rioting and burning down stores that refuse to sell the rebel flag on items and bring old boys hopes for a race war to fruition? Probably never lol.

You can't make this stuff up..... interesting developments by the hour.

And so it begins. . . . . . .

Peak confederate flags!!!

Should I buy a couple of cases, put 'em in my attic, then sell at an obscene markup in a couple of years?

You probably don't want to do that. You might get profiled, although I thought that was illegal. . . . . .

hmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Want to see another racist flag?

Yeah, it reeks of racism does the UK union flag...

...of course, I don't believe this one bit. But thanks to groups like the BNP, EDL, NF and Britain first it has become a symbol of racial hatred in many eyes.

I will always fly it with pride, I'm British and proud, it is my birth right to fly that flag, I would like to think people didn't see me as racist because of it.

I get the same impression from the Confederate flag, it has been misused by various groups in the past to evil means and now it is tarnished in the eyes of many...but I bet to many Southern folk it is a symbol of their southern roots, not necessarily anything to do with racism or slavery.

It shouldn't be banned or hidden, people should be just better educated.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Now add Amazon to the list of Walmart, KMart, Ebay, and Sears.

The list is growing...where will it stop?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

i just love how moral wal mart is.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

when opportunity strike!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The irony and hypocrisy....

Walmart Drops Merchandise With Confederate Flag, Still Sells Items With Che Guevara

True. Talk about murderous assholes.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Let's go one step further

Wal Mart might as well stop carrying anything that has a crucifix or old glory,

talk about murderous as*holes.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm watching the news right now...

This is getting out of hand. Instead of focusing on ways to build bridges of tolerance and END racism, we're focused on a physical object -- a flag.

We as humans always want to take the easy way out, don't we? We seem to think if we just hide objects that remind us of racism, that racism will just go away. We seem to think that if we just get rid of everything that offends people, people will suddenly not feel fear, hate, and anger against those not like them.

This is sheer media madness.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

C'mon, you're not that surprised, are you?

Remember the #Saveourgirls to combat Boko Haram?

How about the Twitter campaign against ISIS?

Results don't matter.

It's what makes you feel good that counts.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I agree it's getting way out of hand, but as was stated before, now it's a politically toxic subject and everybody is dropping it like the proverbial hot potato.

What gets me is why it wasn't more of a topic before the mass shooting. Having any kind of coherent discussion about it now is virtually impossible because both sides are light years apart. No beer summit in the world is going to bridge this gap because the pendulum has swung way over to the politically correct side and they are on a roll and they know it.

Again, it is a good time for popcorn because who knows where this is heading.

edit on R002015-06-24T01:00:09-05:00k006Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R042015-06-24T01:04:49-05:00k046Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join