It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart to remove Confederate flag items from its stores.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Walmart, the country's largest retailer, will remove all Confederate flag merchandise from its stores, the company told CNN Monday. The announcement is the latest indication that the flag, a symbol of the slave-holding South, has become toxic in the aftermath of a shooting last week at a historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina. Gov. Nikki Haley announced in a Monday afternoon news conference that she supports removing the Confederate flag from the state capitol grounds.

"We never want to offend anyone with the products that we offer. We have taken steps to remove all items promoting the confederate flag from our assortment -- whether in our stores or on our web site,

Looks like this movement is picking up steam.

Just like you have the right to wear the Confederate flag if you see fit, Walmart has the right to quit selling things they find offensive.

edit on R372015-06-22T18:37:31-05:00k376Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R402015-06-22T18:40:58-05:00k406Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R002015-06-22T19:00:22-05:00k006Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is just idiotic on so many levels....Though, coming from Wal-Mart, I'd expect no less.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I still won't ever shop in a Walmart. Interested to see the reactions.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

CNN also requested comments from Amazon and Ebay, both of which carry Confederate flag items and have yet to comment.

This could get real interesting.

edit on R442015-06-22T18:44:29-05:00k446Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R452015-06-22T18:45:10-05:00k456Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I wonder if the racist animals will burn down all the Walmarts.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
LOL

Wal-mart is the litmus test of our morality?

LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And I'm sure that Wal-Mart did this because they just suddenly realized that the Confederate flag was an awful thing, rather than it being due to their being fearful of bad press and the usual slathering of protesters telling people they're a racist company for selling items that depicted it.

Gee, I guess they're allowed to stay in business now...

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah, lets erase everything that offends people....
Funny how people's reactions to a to a FLAG

I'm offended by foreign cars, can we ban those as well? How about anchovies? They offend me too! Lets ban those next!

How about banning people who whine about every little thing that offends them???
edit on 6/22/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As I understand it, before the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's, you never really saw the Confederate battle flag. People had long since boxed them up. *shrug*

I agree though that this is so stupid. A flag doesn't make someone racist, ignorance, fear and hate does.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Walmart had to decide between selling guns and ammo or selling confederate flag merchandise. They chose what makes them the least profit.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
New small business opportunity to take over the middle man spot for flags and other items.

The risk, don't know.

Just saying...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Better stop the rein actors from doing the old battles. Might offend. Let's just rewrite history again and call it a day... Smh

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Lets rewrite history so we dont OFFEND someone's wittle feelings...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I am not saying Walmarts decision is the right decision.

All I am saying is that this could get real interesting.... judging from the replies so far..... it's going to be a controversial decision to say the least.

Time to pop some popcorn.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Here's another idea. No more guns in combat because they are at fault from previous battles. From this day forward we just March onto the field and bitch slap the enemy. Err well I suppose that could offend as well /sarcasm

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It seems to me (from what I've read here and across the internet) that the people who support the Confederate flag are making a bigger deal about it than the people who don't like it and want it taken down from state property. It seems they are the ones yelling and complaining the most about having to take down their flag.

Just an interesting observation. Something to sit for a second and go "Hm" about.

link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I am not saying Walmarts decision is the right decision.

All I am saying is that this could get real interesting.... judging from the replies so far..... it's going to be a controversial decision to say the least.

Time to pop some popcorn.

Nothing controversial in it for me. I stay the hell out of Wal-Mart as much as humanly possible.

link   
I joke about this earlier.

What are they going to do next ban Lynyrd Skynyrd ?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It seems to me (from what I've read here and across the internet) that the people who support the Confederate flag are making a bigger deal about it than the people who don't like it and want it taken down from state property. It seems they are the ones yelling and complaining the most about having to take down their flag.

Just an interesting observation. Something to sit for a second and go "Hm" about.

I see it just the opposite. Have you turn on the TV/ Radio lately or searched the term" confederate flag" on the Internet?

One sides voice is definitely being heard above all others .

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They are so ethical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join