It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last burst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

the last burst of the human being before extinction
from the movie dinner with Andre.
We have a funny idea of extinction nowadays, we are led to believe that a certain breed or animal reaches is last specimen and hey presto their gone, never to return. But we are also told that chickens stem from dinosaurs. So how about us are we changing from our human status in to something else? a mutation. Once we have extinguished our original human self, will we be bothered about our ancestors? I seriously think we will not. Why because as we mutate we will easily believe we are a more evolved model, whether that is true or not that is what we will believe. So it strikes me that our belief about ourselves is the governing factor. So the next question for me is, what are we being lead to believe about future human beings? What are we being sold as the past and what are we being offered as our future?

edit on 22-6-2015 by ancientthunder because: add vid

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Your link does not work.

(That is one of my all-time favorite movies for thinking about. It is ageless.)
edit on 22-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't know if its just me, but that video isn't working unfortunately...
That is a very good question.
I think that no matter if we evolve or devolve, in the future (if we are still around) we'll think ourselves to be smarter or better than the ancestors. That's how our ego works.
No matter what scenario we face.
Post apocalyptic: we'll look back and think how idiotic we were to let it all go to s**t like that.
Or bright and rosy and/or super technological future, we'll think how far we've become from the dark ages of the 20th and early 21st century.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives
lets see maybe this link will come up wasnt loading well to check before, apologies.

edit on 22-6-2015 by ancientthunder because: link vid

youtu.be..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> youtu.be...
edit on 22-6-2015 by ancientthunder because: trying to link to video

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Common sense would tell you that some species evolve into other species, but that some branches of species reaches a dead end and are extinct.
Species that evolve from species that no longer exist and also enter a dead end and have no species that are not extinct.
What you get is a semantic word play that allows some one to enter into a false logic
So you have two paths and one logic. What are you wanting to tell yourself?
What was your intent> Was it worthy,
was it "worth" it?

edit on 22-6-2015 by starswift because: playtime for bonzo

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: starswift
Its always worth a try, why? To questiion leads to a deeper understanding of human life and sometimes that means to look at life from many different angles. Logic is just one of those angles and is also of great value on the journey.Also to be aware of your options, gives you the posibility to choose and discard that what feels wisest.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Semantic sophist argumentation is the hall mark of the professional debater and B.S. artists.

: the use of reasoning or arguments that sound correct but are actually false

: a reason or argument that sounds correct but is actually false.

What sophistry would you weave from this, I wonder ; )

At any rate your link does not work so I have no idea if you had anything relevant to relate.

edit on 23-6-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sounds like your talking about yourself to be honest,cant prove it but thats ok for me.
Also look at the heading -Philosophy and Metaphysics if you dont like it try a space that suits your current focus.

edit on 23-6-2015 by ancientthunder because: added comment

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The intent was not to insult, hopefully, please accept my apologies.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Accepted, we all jump to conclusions. Sometimes our current realities ( experiences ) spill over in to others that have little to do with the merge. best AT.

new topics

top topics

join