It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Cincinnati man calls 911 on self, kills responding officer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

While friends were commenting on his last Facebook post Friday -- and some were reading text messages indicating his plan to commit suicide by cop -- Trepierre Hummons called 911 then waited with a gun for police to arrive, Cincinnati police said.

When they did, he and shot and killed 48-year-old Officer Sonny Kim, a husband and father of three, police said.

Then he opened fire on two more officers, said Cincinnati Police Chief Jeffery Blackwell.

Police: Cincinnati man calls 911 on self, kills responding officer

Later in the article it states that the subject had been reported for a sex crime earlier the day of the shootout (Friday).

To me that's the angle worth exploring. Was it an unfounded claim and he was angry about it? Was it with a minor and he was ashamed? Was it neither of those two but he was scared anyway?

Shame about the officer. Sounds like (at least from the article) he was fairly involved in the community. I do martial arts with my kids and I know they would be devastated if one of their instructors were to die suddenly. That's the saddest part to me I think, probably because I can imagine how it would effect my little guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This sux, actualy had a cop that was, at least it seems, going to genuinely try to help the guy and it turns out like this.
I guess the way society has been moulded now the civillian wouldnt not have been expecting an officer to arrive offering assistance.
I dont know how did it come to this.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Later in the article it states that the subject had been reported for a sex crime earlier the day of the shootout (Friday).

To me that's the angle worth exploring. Was it an unfounded claim and he was angry about it?

This is a possibility....i know here police have a bad habit of just running with complaints from women without actually investigating....i know a guy who served 9 months because a cop just ran with a lie...he had a lot of resolve,got through it and has just been paid out a couple of million bux under the table.....

Sad for the officers family,i firmly believe we will see more of this in the future,people are starting to view the police as the enemy...it is a sad situation...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
AND now we will hear the CHEERS uplifting this failure of creation as they complain cops are hostile ...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agreed. I know of departments that do the same kind of thing sometimes with "frequent flyers" (people in and out of jail on petty crap). They lock em down first, then investigate.

And cavtrooper, I have no doubt.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It really sucks.
A cop that did nothing wrong is dead.
Now other officers will be even more apprehensive about any call they are on.
Things just seem to be getting worse all the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

To be ignored IMO.

This is a really horrible story, prayers and thoughts to this officers family.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We usually hear of cops showing up to "help" someone by shooting them. The tables were turned this time. I'm not condoning his person actions at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
And some wonder why cops shoot first .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
,people are starting to view the police as the enemy.

Do you blame them?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is a semi-local story for me . My daughter works in the DA office in Hamilton county and knew this gentleman well . This was a very decent individual and a great cop she is heartbroken .

Is it just me or do the good guys always seem to get hurt ?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
Do you blame them?

Plenty of threads for you to go join like this in the PC forum cant we leave this one about the death and destruction another criminal has caused?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
We usually hear of cops showing up to "help" someone by shooting them. The tables were turned this time. I'm not condoning his person actions at all.

I'm going to post a pic. I will not respond because I believe it will aggravate some people. But for me this is the truth tenfold .

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

BIGGER cities, man...get out now.
INSANITY will begin and the idiots who RAVE will claim it's about skin.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Then LET them live with police and SEE how THAT goes....maybe what FADE HELM is for anyway...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
,people are starting to view the police as the enemy.

Do you blame them?

You really want to go there in this thread?....put it this way i do not want my kids growing up in a world where the cops are viewed as the enemy,it is not exactly a healthy environment

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Seen that one before. Thought about posting it, obviously didn't.

You have bigger cajones than I do, amigo.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well what caused this guy to go crazy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join