It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is satan a Dragon? Are Dragons Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"and the great dragon was cast forth - the old serpent, who is called Devil, and the Adversary, who is leading astray the whole world" (Rev 12:7 YLT)

A literal translation of Revelations explicitly states that the devil was a "great dragon", the "old serpent" described in Genesis:

"And the serpent hath been subtile above every beast of the field which Jehovah God hath made" (Gen 3:1)

Above? Is this implying that this serpent was literally above all beasts roaming in the fields? As in - Flying. What happened after the fall?

"And Jehovah God saith unto the serpent, `Because thou hast done this, cursed [art] thou above all the cattle, and above every beast of the field: on thy belly dost thou go, and dust thou dost eat, all days of thy life" (Gen 3:14)

Is this when dragons, specifically the dragon satan, became a land-roaming creature? The dragon was the creature that initially caused humankind to forget their union with God "and the Woman saith; the serpent hath caused me to forget and I doth eat". Exactly what she means by eating is for another thread, but now let's examine how the dragon is deceiving mankind today as described in revelations:

""and the great dragon was cast forth ... who is leading astray the whole world"

How is the dragon leading the whole world astray? Because we have confused the dragon as a mythical, non-existant creature, which has caused us to deem dinosaurs to be hundreds of millions of years old. If these fossils of dinosaurs are hundreds of millions of years old, then the creation story does not make sense, thus the world is led astray. So, were dragons actually dinosaurs?

The word dinosaur was first used by Richard Owen in 1842 and was defined as "fearfully-great lizard". Wait a minute, if the word dinosaur was not used prior to 1842, what would the people call "fearfully-great lizards"? Dragons.

"No, dragons are mythological".

If dragons were mythological, that would mean that the Aztecs and the Chinese, on opposite sides of the globe, fabricated the same mythological creature, despite these cultures having no contact with each other.

"they were probably both exaggerating lizards"

Here is art from all across the globe, that is eerily similar to "dinosaurs": www.genesispark.com...

How were all these cultures able to depict dinosaurs in their art, unless they lived alongside dinosaurs (dragons)? Remember, "dinosaur" was not a word until 1842, prior to that, the ancients would have called large lizards something else: dragons. In Young's Literal Translation, "dragons" are mentioned in the bible in the following passages: Deuteronomy 32:33, Nehemiah 2:13, Job 7:12, Job 30:29, Psalm 44:19, Psalm 74:13, Psalm 91:13, Psalm 148:7, Isaiah 13:22, 27:1, 35:7, 43:20, 51:9, Jeremiah 9:11, 10:22, 14:6, 49:33, 51:37, Lamentation 4:3, Ezekiel 32:2, Micah 1:8, Malachi 1:3 and is likely the "leviathan" described in Job 41:12-34:

" Let me tell you about Leviathan's legs and describe how great and strong he is. No one can tear off his outer coat or pierce the armor he wears. Who can make him open his jaws, ringed with those terrifying teeth? His back is made of rows of shields, fastened together and hard as stone. Each one is joined so tight to the next, not even a breath can come between... Light flashes when he sneezes, and his eyes glow like the rising sun. Flames blaze from his mouth, and streams of sparks fly out. Smoke comes pouring out of his nose, like smoke from weeds burning under a pot. His breath starts fires burning; flames leap out of his mouth. His neck is so powerful that all who meet him are terrified. There is not a weak spot in his skin; it is as hard and unyielding as iron... When he rises up, even the strongest are frightened; they are helpless with fear. There is no sword that can wound him; no spear or arrow or lance that can harm him. For him iron is as flimsy as straw, and bronze as soft as rotten wood. There is no arrow that can make him run; rocks thrown at him are like bits of straw. To him a club is a piece of straw, and he laughs when men throw spears. The scales on his belly are like jagged pieces of pottery; they tear up the muddy ground like a threshing sledge. He churns up the sea like boiling water and makes it bubble like a pot of oil. He leaves a shining path behind him and turns the sea to white foam. There is nothing on earth to compare with him; he is a creature that has no fear. He looks down on even the proudest animals; he is king of all wild beasts."

There are many, many other depictions throughout history that describe "dragons" and depict them with detail that is very similar to dinosaurs:

"There is a place in Arabia, situated very near the city of Buto, to which I went, on hearing of some winged serpents; and when I arrived there, I saw bones and spines of serpents, in such quantities as it would be impossible to describe. The form of the serpent is like that of the water-snake; but he has wings without feathers, and as like as possible to the wings of a bat." -Herodotus 5th century BC

"Here are found snakes and huge serpents, ten paces in length and ten spans in girth (meaning 50 ft. long and 100 inch circumference). At the fore part, near the head, they have two short legs, each with three claws, as well as eyes larger than a loaf and very glaring. The jaws are wide enough to swallow a man, the teeth are large and sharp, and their whole appearance is so formidable that neither man, nor any kind of animal can approach them without terror." -Marco Polo 13th century AD

Also see: Saint George, Beowulf, Morvidus, St. Leonard's Forest, The Henham Dragon, and Glamorgan Dragon.
The matter-of-fact speech used in these accounts indicate these are not being spoken of mythologically.

"What about the radiometric dating that indicates dinosaur fossils as millions of years old?"

This deserves another thread on its own, but here's a decent thread on the shortcomings of carbon dating: www.abovetopsecret.com... +The politics involved: creation.com...

This is how satan, the dragon, has deceived all humankind. The greatest feat satan, the dragon, ever pulled, was to make you think he does not exist. Through a perversion of chauvinistic "knowledge" about the false age of the earth, the people have been led astray, and this all started as an explanation for the fossil record and evolution. When we realize that "dragons" are the same entities we call "dinosaurs" and that humans lived with these creatures, the age of the earth begins to shrink, and it also exposes how ludicrous the claim that, for example, the stegosaurus lived 150 million years ago, despite it being depicted on the Ta Prohm temple at Angkor which was constructed around the 12th century AD.

Religious dogma once dominated western culture, and the people were unable to question this dogma without their reputation being threatened. Eventually, this suppression ended with the scientific revolution, which began to explain the world differently than the accounts in the bible. Now scientific dogma is just as oppressive as religious dogma once was, anyone who claims the earth is thousands of years old is considered a neanderthal. But, if dragons were dinosaurs, and they lived alongside us, we are compelled to reconsider history.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Great job! YES! They are also called elohim or the watchers(typical grey) They have infiltrated our society like in the movie they live.

There is a cleaning however and they will be gone.
One of the most glaring examples of where the serpent has gotten hold is the medical profession.Just take a look at the AMA logo and tell me what you see
Its all right in front of you

And Lucifer has absolutly nothing to do with the serpent.Quite the opposite..Wiki Luciferianism.He is also what you call Jesus Christ..Jesus Christ is the son of god as is Lucifer.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
After searching the internet I found this test.

So yeah, probably.

Also what do you think about the Chicxulub crater?

What do you think is the age of it?
edit on 20-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
Great job! YES! They are also called elohim or the watchers(typical grey) They have infiltrated our society like in the movie they live.

There is a cleaning however and they will be gone.
One of the most glaring examples of where the serpent has gotten hold is the medical profession.Just take a look at the AMA logo and tell me what you see
Its all right in front of you

And Lucifer has absolutly nothing to do with the serpent.Quite the opposite..Wiki Luciferianism.He is also what you call Jesus Christ..Jesus Christ is the son of god as is Lucifer.

Did you just go on a youtube video binge watch of things Elohim related and now are supercharged for Elohim discussion?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

So yeah, probably.

Trying to discredit the thread with a 4th grade test?
Really? Pathetic lol

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

This image purportedly showing a "4th Grade Science Quiz" hit the Internet in April 2013, showing a classroom test entitled "Dinosaurs: Genesis and the Gospel" and consisting of several true/false and short-answer
questions about dinosaurs and the Bible, which a student had all answered correctly in accordance with religious Young Earth creationism (rather than scientific) principles.

The title of the quiz is the same as that of a DVD produced by the group Answers in Genesis and hews closely to the material presented therein, including the admonition that "If someone tells you the earth is millions of years old, what should be your reply? 'Were you there?'" and the reference to the Bible as "The History Book of the Universe."

The image was of the purported quiz publicized in a post to Reddit's r/atheism forum, made by a user who maintained that it was a real quiz given at a private religious school in South Carolina, and that he was shown the quiz by the student's parent and took a picture of it with his iPhone. He declined to identify the school for now, stating that "I am not publicizing it since it is a small school and I don't want any publicity that might reflect badly on the kid" and "I don't want the kid to get in trouble, so I am keeping that under my hat until June when school is over," although he did allow that the school was "North of Greer, SC."

A few days after the Reddit posting, a reader wrote to us and maintained that the quiz displayed above belonged to his 10-year-old daughter, saying:
I didn't know that this was being taught to her until we heard a radio commercial together about the Discover the Dinosaurs exhibit was coming to the TD Convention Center [in Greenville, South Carolina].

The Commercial starts out, "After 65 million years, the dinosaurs have returned ..." She commented immediately that it was only four thousand years ago. When I corrected her, she snapped back, "Were you there?" I have since taught my daughter differently, but I am sure she is confused now and plan to make sure she understands that teachers are people too and can be factually wrong.

The test showed up [at] home a day later to my disgust.

It's a great school for Reading, Writing and Math. She is ahead of most of her peers and also is taking Latin there. But I now know to be vigilant for the rest of the year about her science teachings.

She will not be attending the school next year ...

Read more at www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

Wanna comment about the Crater instead or is the answer "Elohim"?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
there are many creatures on this planet that qualify as being in Dinasaurs "family" and chances are on many other "Earth-like" planets in space, lets not assume this planet we're on today is unique in any way from a bigger picture view, but looking like a dragon (like the fire breathing flying dragons in ancient far-eastern literature and fairytales) doesnt really indicate being related to any dinosaurs.
edit on 20-6-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So yeah, probably.

What do you think is the age of it?

You know very well that time does not exist.It is manmade a figment of imagination.To god it may well have taken 7 days to create the universe and earth.To our perspective it may seem longer but to god time is irrevelent because it is not real.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What do you think about the Chicxulub crater?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This image purportedly showing a "4th Grade Science Quiz" hit the Internet in April 2013, showing a classroom test entitled "Dinosaurs: Genesis and the Gospel" and consisting of several true/false and short-answer
questions about dinosaurs and the Bible, which a student had all answered correctly in accordance with religious Young Earth creationism (rather than scientific) principles.

The title of the quiz is the same as that of a DVD produced by the group Answers in Genesis and hews closely to the material presented therein, including the admonition that "If someone tells you the earth is millions of years old, what should be your reply? 'Were you there?'" and the reference to the Bible as "The History Book of the Universe."

The image was of the purported quiz publicized in a post to Reddit's r/atheism forum, made by a user who maintained that it was a real quiz given at a private religious school in South Carolina, and that he was shown the quiz by the student's parent and took a picture of it with his iPhone. He declined to identify the school for now, stating that "I am not publicizing it since it is a small school and I don't want any publicity that might reflect badly on the kid" and "I don't want the kid to get in trouble, so I am keeping that under my hat until June when school is over," although he did allow that the school was "North of Greer, SC."

A few days after the Reddit posting, a reader wrote to us and maintained that the quiz displayed above belonged to his 10-year-old daughter, saying:
I didn't know that this was being taught to her until we heard a radio commercial together about the Discover the Dinosaurs exhibit was coming to the TD Convention Center [in Greenville, South Carolina].

The Commercial starts out, "After 65 million years, the dinosaurs have returned ..." She commented immediately that it was only four thousand years ago. When I corrected her, she snapped back, "Were you there?" I have since taught my daughter differently, but I am sure she is confused now and plan to make sure she understands that teachers are people too and can be factually wrong.

The test showed up [at] home a day later to my disgust.

It's a great school for Reading, Writing and Math. She is ahead of most of her peers and also is taking Latin there. But I now know to be vigilant for the rest of the year about her science teachings.

She will not be attending the school next year ...

Read more at www.snopes.com...

www.snopes.com...

Wanna comment about the Crater instead or is the answer "Elohim"?

Yeah thats right you do not like the truth ..

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Dazzling avoidance, I leave you to your machinations.

(post by OptimusPrimeOne removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So why have you decided to partake in a forum?

Seems a bit stupid.

Anyhoo, I'm out of bread.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So why have you decided to partake in a forum?

Seems a bit stupid.

Anyhoo, I'm out of bread.

You mean your out of breath.I will not partake with negative containers.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
there are many creatures on this planet that qualify as being in Dinasaurs "family" and chances are on many other "Earth-like" planets in space, lets not assume this planet we're on today is unique in any way from a bigger picture view, but looking like a dragon ( like the fire breathing flying dragons in ancient far-eastern literature and fairytales) doesnt really indicate being related to any dinosaurs.

If dinosaurs were "fire-breathing", like the bombardier beetle, it would not be indicated by fossilized remains, rather, it would likely be a soft-tissue organ

This crater does not require the earth to be hundreds of millions of years old. Can you explain why cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with eachother, all had "myths" about dragons? Surely they must have been describing actual creatures. Especially since their art contains accurate depictions of dinosaurs.
edit on 20-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: blacktie
there are many creatures on this planet that qualify as being in Dinasaurs "family" and chances are on many other "Earth-like" planets in space, lets not assume this planet we're on today is unique in any way from a bigger picture view, but looking like a dragon ( like the fire breathing flying dragons in ancient far-eastern literature and fairytales) doesnt really indicate being related to any dinosaurs.

If dinosaurs were "fire-breathing", like the bombardier beetle, it would not be indicated by fossilized remains, rather, it would likely be a soft-tissue organ

This crater does not require the earth to be hundreds of millions of years old. Can you explain why cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with eachother, all had "myths" about dragons? Surely they must have been describing actual creatures. Especially since their art contains accurate depictions of dinosaurs.

Great points!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Can you explain why so cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with eachother, all had "myths" about dragons? Surely they must have been describing actual creatures.

More realistically myths are stories made up to try and explain phenomenon there is no telling, they could've found a skull of a crocodile. As such a skull was displayed in a christian church as a Dragon skull. Add that to the fact that humans are willing to believe in stupid # all the time. *cults*

so how old is the earth 6k years?

Why are there trees that range in age from 80,000 yrs to 10,000 yrs old?
www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: cooperton

Can you explain why so cultures across the globe, not able to communicate with eachother, all had "myths" about dragons? Surely they must have been describing actual creatures.

More realistically myths are stories made up to try and explain phenomenon there is no telling, they could've found a skull of a crocodile. As such a skull was displayed in a christian church as a Dragon skull. Add that to the fact that humans are willing to believe in stupid # all the time. *cults*

so how old is the earth 6k years?

Why are there trees that range in age from 80,000 yrs to 10,000 yrs old?
www.wired.com...

Your using elohim sources of information nice try.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Like I've said many times, Amateur hour never ends here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Like I've said many times, Amateur hour never ends here at ATS.

Because you say so? Your words have absolutely no power.As a matter of fact you do not exist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join