It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you if you are neither liberal or conservative?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
centralist? independent?

curious about beliefs?

Gay marriage is ok but global warming is a hoax?

So curious about this.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
or is it that you really have no opinion on any beliefs? you are ok with abortion but also think it is wrong?

Please help

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

The need to reduce complex things to simple things is human nature. It forces the mind to resolve a judgement, which then cripples your ability to receive new data and process it objectively.

This tendency, more than any other, is exploited for the purpose of mind control.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think you'd be classed as Libertarian!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

What are the main arguments/beliefs of a libertarian?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Belonging to a team Sucks! The first time you stand up and say we need to compromise, they disown you!

I prefer to be a loner, critical thinker, and to hell with those who worship political parties and their ideologies.

That's just me though!

link   
Are you an Independent if you look at each issue independently?

link   
Hanging out with liberals makes me more conservative while hanging out with conservatives makes me more liberal.
Both are mental disorders.

link   

Try to be open minded and stop believe in old dogmats.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My advice is not to buy into the whole left vs. right ideology. Just be yourself without the labels, putting a label on yourself usually ends up in you showing disdain for people with different labels than your own. Just believe what you believe and don't worry about what you should call them.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

very interesting

This this have anything to do with political leanings though? Are you saying that America is forcing us down to 2 choices and its mind controlling?

I get that.

Other countries have 5-10 political parties, whats wrong with us?

However, surely all Americans can identify with either Lib or Rep, right? based on our morals, beliefs.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Totally fed up.

I have been voting since 1984, long enough to realize it is ALL BS.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Short answer: I don't know what that makes you.

Long answer:

Why must something or someone be categorized? Why can't you just believe what you believe and not worry about categories?

Unless you're truly personally confused, e.g: being ok with abortion but also think it's wrong. That just might make you a step above most people, holding two contradictory beliefs as valid (see: Schrodinger's cat is both alive and dead and the singularity of opposites).

Either way, someone *will* put on label on you, lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have very passionate beliefs and they all fall under 1 of the 2 major parties, that is why I identify with 1 party over the other.

I would rather have a 3rd or 4th or 5th party, that would be great, however we don't.

Based on your beliefs, you should be able to see where you lay on the political spectrum to be able to make a better choice when voting.

ITs important to know, anyone who "doesn't vote" or "doesn't identify" with a party is wasting a vote and it makes me mad.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Fluffy.

Just don't ask anyone here, they'll label me as a right-wing-neo-con-racist-misogynistic-evil-warlord-slaps-kittens-with-a-spatula-and-laughs party member.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Lol... I was just reading "if you want to know affiliation, create a thread," and here we are...

(My opinion: could've been a better thread, but I'll try to contribute)

I would call myself "Independant" but if you really need a label, for now, I'll say Libertarian.

I find it hard to understand that you can't understand people not identifying with republican/democrat to the point of self-identification.

To give examples: I agree with marriage equality, but also okay with private businesses not catering a gay wedding. I am all for gun rights, but against total freedom of corporations...

I know I am easily made a fool of regarding certain topics, but that is the nature of duality. (or something)

I like the empathetic nature of the left, but do not think it should be mandated...

So I do know what I think, but that also doesn't mean my ways are set in stone...

How do just two parties, who I believe are run by money, get it right?
edit on 6/19/2015 by japhrimu because: proof reading stuff

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Fluffy.

Just don't ask anyone here, they'll label me as a right-wing-neo-con-racist-misogynistic-evil-warlord-slaps-kittens-with-a-spatula-and-laughs party member.

So like...there's a party for that? Is that what you're saying?

Is there an e-form to register? Just curious, apropos of nothing, of course...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Fluffy.

On the weekends, I get together with John Stossel and we do jello shots off the tummy of Sarah Palin and chase tiny kittens and spank them with spatulas.

We do have applications.

edit on 19-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't call myself anything. I don't need a label. Most people label me "liberal" because I am very vocal about equal rights and equal treatment under the law for everyone. Not sure how being a strong proponent of the 14th amendment makes me a "liberal" but there you have it.

InverseLookingGlass is right on.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Fluffy.

On the weekends, I get together with John Stossel and we do jello shots of the tummy of Sarah Palin and chase tiny kittens and spank them with spatulas.

We do have applications.

Can I get one? It's...for a friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join